Out of Character

pyroage

Also curious how you want to do character creation, and applications in general.

To clarify, I saw that you want a sheet submitted. But are you looking for a background? Something story wise? and where would you like them submitted?

Sheet is here, Balfor

Just used point buy.

Edited by slinkman00 (see edit history)

Rolling some dice here.

Name
Stats
16; 10; 12; 15; 13; 8
keep(4d6,highest,3);keep(4d6,highest,3);keep(4d6,highest,3);keep(4d6,highest,3);keep(4d6,highest,3);keep(4d6,highest,3) [6,2,4,6]; [6,2,4,6,4,2,2,4]; [6,2,4,6,4,2,2,4,3,3,6,2]; [6,2,4,6,4,2,2,4,3,3,6,2,2,5,5,5]; [6,2,4,6,4,2,2,4,3,3,6,2,2,5,5,5,4,3,6,1]; [6,2,4,6,4,2,2,4,3,3,6,2,2,5,5,5,4,3,6,1,1,2,2,4]
Starting Gold
5d4*10 1,3,1,4,3
Background
2d8+5d6 2,6,1,4,5,1,3

Posting interest with putting down the following sheet

Violet Kurosaki - Arcana Cleric

The sheet is still a general work in progress as it is a repost from another Lost City 5e game that she failed to get into. I'll most likely default to Pointbuy/Standard Array when it comes to stat generation, although I wouldn't mind borrowing Guitarist's rolled set

My main question is how strict are you going to be on a person being prepared magically wise to survive the initial conditions of the lost city game? Reason I ask is because D&D5e has a few lv1 spells that can defeat a survival game with just a simple cast of that spell. The spells in particular are Goodberry and Create and Destroy Water, Both of which my character can (and will if allowed) to get in one way or another.

1 hour ago, SMARTAgentKC said:

My main question is how strict are you going to be on a person being prepared magically wise to survive the initial conditions of the lost city game? Reason I ask is because D&D5e has a few lv1 spells that can defeat a survival game with just a simple cast of that spell. The spells in particular are Goodberry and Create and Destroy Water, Both of which my character can (and will if allowed) to get in one way or another.

Same. I find a lot of such spells in 5e to be almost offensive in their existence when they can invalidate an entire 3rd of the game.

I don't mind goodberry's healing aspect, but I'd personally recommend modifying it so that any un-used berries disappear upon re-casting the spell, and that it cannot feed you.

33 minutes ago, Kamishiro_Rin said:

image.png.b461d849e13d315620f55deef8af3b11.png

Thank you.
I typically see that use for the sheets for the characters that are in the game tho. Not the applicants.
But, if that's what the GM wants...

32 minutes ago, Kamishiro_Rin said:

Same. I find a lot of such spells in 5e to be almost offensive in their existence when they can invalidate an entire 3rd of the game.

I don't mind goodberry's healing aspect, but I'd personally recommend modifying it so that any un-used berries disappear upon re-casting the spell, and that it cannot feed you.

I dont think recasting Goodberry is really an issue. One is meant to feed you for a full day. After 24 hours they lose potency. So... normal berries.

I am not sure how the GM will run things. But, what I have seen in other survival games, is that the berry is a stopgap measure. Not a fix for hunger and thirst.
What I mean is, one berry is meant to feed you and be enough water for one person for one day... under normal conditions. In a hot desert? You are probably going through double the water. Exerting yourself to fight? Doubling the water usage again. So, one berry might last 6 hours instead of 24. If you go 6 hours with no water? One level of exhaustion, and one berry will remove 1 level of exhaustion. You could even add in that at least one 6 hour period needs to be real water, and real food, so we would need to hunt / gather.
At level one, we could potentially burn four spells to defeat the survival side of the game. But, one big fight... and we are out 4 spells. Great that we arent thirsty... not so great that our casters are whacking things with sticks, or throwing rocks.

Not for nothing. But I would also expect that any characters that are gearing to try and magically defeat the intro, might not make it in. Meaning, having goodberry is great. But, it cant be your characters whole persona. Pez dispenser for goodberries may not work out.

Rolling here

Lol looks like the stats of an old man! Using Legacy stats if that is ok.

Edited by The_Dark_Star (see edit history)
Name
Stats:
11; 7; 6; 15; 14; 13
keep(4d6,highest,3);keep(4d6,highest,3);keep(4d6,highest,3);keep(4d6,highest,3);keep(4d6,highest,3);keep(4d6,highest,3) [1,5,2,4]; [1,5,2,4,3,1,3,1]; [1,5,2,4,3,1,3,1,2,1,2,2]; [1,5,2,4,3,1,3,1,2,1,2,2,4,6,1,5]; [1,5,2,4,3,1,3,1,2,1,2,2,4,6,1,5,5,5,3,4]; [1,5,2,4,3,1,3,1,2,1,2,2,4,6,1,5,5,5,3,4,2,6,5,2]

9 minutes ago, paladinred said:

I will go point buy if that is ok, for Goodberry, you will need some berries to cast it on.

Unless this is new, or something imposed by the DM. The berries just appear in your hand. You just need a casting focus, or a sprig of mistletoe. It's why it's sort of broken for survival.

Yeah, druids make survival like that trivial. Ten berries just appear. Druids and clerics can create water. They are 1st level spells, but it isn’t a huge price to pay to invalidate starvation, and it just happens.

Magic Initiate can give anyone goodberries for essentially free.

DnD isn’t a good survival game. There aren’t even penalties for skipping all long rests, except you don’t regenerate spells and hp.

There is still always a reason to go into the dungeon, but 5e doesn’t really work like earlier editions for making characters desperate.

Hello. Is this still open to newcomers? I'm not used to TTRPG games, but I'd like to get involved with them and the setting of this one looked intriguing.

Goodberry comments:

I like the way Slinkman thinks.

On 5/7/2024 at 11:53 AM, Acromos said:

Would a goblin be out of place here?

Also, would DNDB sheets be ok?

No, yes.

On 5/7/2024 at 11:50 PM, CERO76 said:

Hello. Is this still open to newcomers? I'm not used to TTRPG games, but I'd like to get involved with them and the setting of this one looked intriguing.

Yes, but only out of cynicism. On paper I now have enough candidates.