General OOC

X51

I got a little bit ahead of myself, I guess. Did a bit more reading, and Armor and Clothing can be worn at the same time, but the DR doesn't stack. Instead, you take the highest for each type of Damage. So, the Tough Clothing would grant protection to your limbs, but you'd only use the Leather Chest for DR on your torso.

I'm not seeing any mention of stacking Clothing with Outfits. From how it's explained, however, it looks like the reason you wouldn't get your Formal Clothing bonus with Armor is that the Armor would go over the Formal Clothing, negating the appearance benefit. Further, Tough Clothing is described as:

Hard-wearing clothing cobbled together from sufficiently sturdy garments to create an outfit that can withstand a hard life in the wasteland. Normally made from a jacket, a shirt and undershirt, a pair of jeans, and some walking boots, reinforced (or patched) with duct tape, to provide both a little protection against the bumps and scrapes of life and a bit of warmth on those cold nuclear winter nights.

What I'd say, then, is that the Tough Clothing is bulky enough that it would negate the Formal Clothing's benefit, either from covering it up, or making it look really lumpy. I imagine Harry would wear the Tough Clothing and Armor while traveling, and then change into his Formal Clothing when he sets up shop in a town for a bit.

For what it's worth, while this game does not seem to have received a startling amount of errata so far (despite, apparently, being somewhat badly in need of it), there seems to have been one official errata release so far. Not sure to which degree it's relevant to anyone here, but I thought I'd link to it regardless as it was a bit difficult to find!

Fortunately, the PDF I'm using was released after that last batch of errata (there've been 2, 1 in April 2021 and then again in April 2022), so the info I've posted should be correct. The same cannot be said for my physical copy, but oh well. I've found some typos and the like in the PDF, but haven't come across any glaring mistakes to this point. Could just be my ADHD brain not catching on, though.

The game takes place in The Commonwealth, which is roughly the setting for Fallout 4. It's centered around the remains of Boston. The adventure we're running takes place before the events of Fallout 4, so you don't need to know anything about the game ahead of time.

One of the key differences between the West Coast Fallouts and the East Coast Fallouts is that the East Coast is a lot more densely populated, and so there's a lot more infrastructure in place. The post-war Commonwealth has a lot of old roads that kind of expedite travel and trade, which enables a lot more small settlements to be dotted around, as opposed to large expanses of empty wasteland you'd see in California or Nevada. The game we'll be running is set in an as-yet-unnamed settlement, probably a ways away from the ruins of Boston.

22 minutes ago, zazamz12 said:

Sounds cool!

Does anyone know how to make the spoiler boxes appear side to side (like in the example character)? The ones I'm getting are all one on a line

Tables. Its tables the whole way down in Baldr.

If you want to see the code behind the WYSIWYG format click quote and then the source button will give you the code used to build the format.  You can either edit in the source window or in the WYSIWYG viewer.

Edited by LarsWester (see edit history)

Yeah. The way the sample character is set up is that it's all nested within a 1x1 table. I just set the table borders to 0 so they're not visible. I'll post it here with the borders visible to give a better idea:

Sample Character:

spacer.png

Image Credit

Name: Phillip Montaigne
           Origin: Survivor
HP: 11
             Def: 1
Luck: 3/3
S P E C I A L
7 6 8 5 6 6 4

Skill

Athletics*:

Barter:

Big Guns:

Energy Weapons:

Explosives:

Lockpick:

Medicine:

Melee Weapons*:

Rating

Pilot:

Repair:

Science:

Small Guns:

Sneak:

Speech:

Survival*:

Throwing:

Unarmed:

Traits & Perks

Gifted

Benefit: Choose two SPECIAL stats and increase them by 1 each.

Penalty: Maximum Luck is 1 fewer than your Luck stat.

Heavy Handed

Benefit: Your Melee Damage Bonus increases by 1 Combat Die.

Penalty: Melee and Unarmed attacks suffer Complications on a 19 or 20.

Adrenaline Rush

When HP is below max, treat STR as 10 for any STR-based skill test or melee attack.

Equipment

Origin Option:  Wastelander (Wanderer)

Drifter Outfit (10 lbs.)

DR: Ph 1/En 2/Rd 0

Silver Locket

Personal Trinket

Caps

30 (Starting)

Pipe Wrench (2 lbs.)

Dmg: 5 dice (Physical)

Eff: -

Qlts: -

Pipe Gun (2 lbs.)

Dmg: 3 dice (Physical)

FR: 2

Rng: Close

Qlts: Close Quarters, Unreliable

Shots: 12

Baseball Bat (3 lbs.)

Dmg: 6 dice (Physical)

Qlts: Two-Handed

Casual Clothing (2 lbs.)

DR: Ph 0/En 0/Rd 0

1x Buffout (<1 lbs.)

Effect: Re-roll 1d20 on on all STR and END tests, +3 max HP.

Duration: Lasting. Addictive 2.

Addiction: Increase difficulty of STR and END tests by 1 while not under the effects of Buffout/Buffjet/Bufftats.

1x Rad Away (<1 lb.)

Effect: Heals 4 Rads.

Duration: Instant

Note: Can be used as part of a First Aid action, healing 4 Rads in addition to the effects of the First Aid.

2x Purified Water (<1 lbs.)

Effect: Heal 3 HP. Satisfies thirst.

1x Iguana on a Stick (<1 lbs.)

Effect: Heal 6 HP. Satisfies hunger.

Edited by X51 (see edit history)

As caught by MCBD, I neglected to adequately describe how the Combat Dice work. I've added a table to the first post in the Gameplay Basics thread explaining how to translate d6 rolls into Combat Die rolls. For those of you who've rolled for random quantities for additional ammo and the like, please double check to make sure you've not just added the d6 total, but instead compare the individual die rolls to the table and add up the total damage you rolled, then add that number to the base total.

Edited by X51 (see edit history)

This is annoying, but I missed an important detail pertaining to character creation, which is that no skill can be raised above rank 3 to start. Apologies for missing that, but that should help with skill diversity and such. I've updated both the Character Creation guidelines and the sample character to reflect this change.

Does anyone know how to copy and paste a char sheet to put into another post? I'm trying to borrow the GM's post, can't move it. I noticed other PC's copy the post so it has to be possible. I talked to Eric and he gave me a site which says how to do it but the icon in the upper left isn't showing up (I think; I've not seen anything new anyway).

Any chance I could get some help?

Edited by Shadewe (see edit history)

You can! Applications are open until the 16th. To copy the sample character, you can click on 'Quote' and start a new reply with it, then either copy and paste it to a different post, or click on the Source button and copy the source code, then paste that into the code editor on you character post.