Closed Game  ·  5 members

Cyberpunk Red

Questions

On 11/13/2022 at 6:13 PM, mattilald said:

Soon I'll post an application for a Media character, I had a very limied time last few weeks, but I'll have a bit more time this week, and next have a week off.

That's awesome, media characters add a really cool flair to the game, I'm really impressed we're getting a diverse group going

1 hour ago, Seth0194 said:

The widowmaker

I have his bio, up whenever you give me any criticism or any critiques, I'll move on fleshing out the character.    I am using the link provided to build a character.  couple questions?   (My Red Core book hasnt arrived yet, I have played Cyberpunk previously) How many Attribute points do we get, 40?       

Also, the required skills that start at level 2, do we pay for those out of the 60 points buy or are they included, and we have 60 points to add on?    Sorry if 

For skills you have 86 total, you spread some through required skills, and then you have 60 skills left after that to spread where you want 

Screenshot_20221117_124421.jpg

Edited by TheWorldmaker (see edit history)

3 hours ago, TheWorldmaker said:

That's awesome, media characters add a really cool flair to the game, I'm really impressed we're getting a diverse group going

For skills you have 86 total, you spread some through required skills, and then you have 60 skills left after that to spread where you want 

Screenshot_20221117_124421.jpg

Thank you!!!

Great.Turns out that for all their collaboration between R Talsorian Games and CD Project Red, they didn't sync the worldbuilding. Things like Fashion names and Decking terms (in CDPR art wrk it's stated that oldschool decking equipment still exists, but it's a far inferior to modern gear - slower reaction time).

Fair enugh. If I understod we are in 2043? 

I just checked the artbook, and Tier 0 decks - considered obsloite are 2020's handheld models. HendHELD meanin it's not instaled into your cybernetic hand. It that were to be possible, it what my character would have for low security systems.

Edited by mattilald (see edit history)

2 hours ago, mattilald said:

Fair enugh. If I understod we are in 2043? 

I just checked the artbook, and Tier 0 decks - considered obsloite are 2020's handheld models. HendHELD meanin it's not instaled into your cybernetic hand. It that were to be possible, it what my character would have for low security systems.

Cyberdecks are not built into a cyberarm by default, only if you buy that option. That being said, characters in red have no use for a cyberdeck unless they are a netrunner... Are you wanting an agent (handheld computer) instead?

I'm not too bothered, take your pick, the classification you choose for it is more important than the actual description of the clothing as far as my contribution goes.  Spiked gloves and stuff I'd say nomad, for tanktop you could go generic, leisure, bag lady, bohemian etc.  Hell, you could even go the Kanye route and say a basic white tank is actually a super high fashion choice and you're just too fashionable for others to tell or something. 

49 minutes ago, mattilald said:

A quation: in witch fashion category would spike gloves and studded belts fit into? Also a basic tanktop with logo of a punk band what catgory do I write for that?

I’d say either nomad leathers (described as Western Rugged Tribal) or gang colours (described as Dangerous Violent Rebellious) for the gloves and belt, depending on the look you are going for. A band shirt sounds like generic chic (described as Standard Colorful Modular) to me, though it could be gang colours (Dangerous Violent Rebellious) depending on how punk and rebellious the bands logo looks.

Though, like the Worldmaker said, it doesn’t really matter what the clothes are, and almost any style could fit almost any clothing. High fashion spiked gloves could certainly exist, but they’ll look Exclusive Designer Couture rather than Dangerous Violent Rebellious like gang gloves would.

This website has some useful info. You have to scroll down a bit to get to 2045.

8 hours ago, Drifter One said:

@TheWorldmakerwould Ricky have access to a Squad car at all?

I'm gonna say no, simply because that would kind of remove some of the perks from being a nomad.  You could probably hitch a ride with your squad when you call for help and they arrive, but on it's own, you wouldn't own a private vehicle just yet. 

1 hour ago, Sapphic Reiver said:

Are you accepting "Collecting The Random" reskinned roles? Interested in rolling up a Mobster (Executive), personally.

Yeah I'm fine with that, someone else has already asked to reskin a lawman as a ganger already.  Cool stuff really

Edited by TheWorldmaker (see edit history)