New OOC Tavern

Grendel

Silas, the man is standing with the two thugs on either side of him.  Getting between them would mean pressing his body up against them. 

The common room is “difficult terrain” between the crowded conditions and the ball bearings.

Sure. I guess I didn't mean right behind him, but sort of in position in the crowd behind the thugs to help out Eadberht if he needs it. 

Oh, also, can I use my insightful fighting as bonus action on the gun dude?

@Grendel

Edited by Past Imperfect (see edit history)

Got it, so somewhere between them and the board.  For insightful fighting, sure, but he and the thugs are not involved in any fighting/combat yet.  The bar patrons are mostly going the other way to find Caelyn, and even those confused by Eadberht seem to be sufficiently afraid or respectful of him not to engage.

I have round 2 declarations from Silas and Kaspar.  Ehrick's last post was the end of Round 1.  I will update when I have round 2 declarations Eadberht, who is first in the initiative order.  Ehrick can wait until after the NPCs have reacted, since he goes after them.

Alright, most of Round 2 is up, just need Ehrick's round 2 actions.  Ehrick, the door she went into is not locked.  It is an action to go through.  I put an OOC note to test how that works.  Kaspar took 2 points of damage from the random blow, non-lethal.

EDIT:  Eadberht, you may roll damage on the boss.  I know the maximum is 12, and while that hurts, it's not enough to take him down.

Edited by Grendel (see edit history)

Unfortunately I read the in game post first and then this one. Will the door being unlocked make a difference if he assumed she locked it and tries to kick it open?

I rolled a horrible strength check, so I posted his kick did not work. If it would have forced the door open because it was not locked then I can edit my post.

Sorry about that, I put in here because it occurred to me after that you might need that information for your post.  I mean if he didn’t even try the door knob first then going straight to kicking it makes sense.

To do damage in subsequent rounds you have to use an action to make it crush.  You can keep him restrained without spending an action as long as you maintain concentration and he doesn't make the STR save.  You may edit and change your actions then.

Kaspar, acrobatics is better than Persuasion, even with the rapier out.  The mob is too caught up in fighting their way up those very same stairs that until you escalate the situation and actually stab someone they aren't going to notice or hear you.  But if he vaults off of their backs and parkours along the wall he can get ahead of them to the top of the stairs.  I'm willing to let you keep the die roll for the Persuasion and add your Acrobatics instead, if you want to change your narrative.

1 hour ago, Grendel said:

Kaspar, acrobatics is better than Persuasion, even with the rapier out.  The mob is too caught up in fighting their way up those very same stairs that until you escalate the situation and actually stab someone they aren't going to notice or hear you.  But if he vaults off of their backs and parkours along the wall he can get ahead of them to the top of the stairs.  I'm willing to let you keep the die roll for the Persuasion and add your Acrobatics instead, if you want to change your narrative.

sounds good to me