Text Spacing

I apologise for multiple posts, i was going to post in one of my previous threads but i thought it was a better idea to do another one in case people had the same questions.

You are also suffering for my long lunch break today, so again i apologise.

So while i was practicing some post styling i noticed something that doesn't exactly bug me but it i a small thing i'd like to know. Is there any way to adjust the text spacing (i swear i once knew the word for that). I will elaborate.

In the only site, text was a lot closer together, and now its not. Its not the worst thing in the world but i'm used to posts being very compact, and i was wondering if there was a way to change this, maybe in the source editor, since i'd really only need to change it infrequently when i'm making post-headers and stuff like that. Examples;

Spells1.PNG.51609efbc0f840b0bdeeea7cb2215cc3.PNG1173738379_Spells2.PNG.58bb351f297e15a2e8ab3d715320cdfc.PNG

As you can see, the text on the left (old site) is much tighter than the one on the right (new site). This feels like a styling issue but i can't seem to find it in the source.

As an aside i'm very impressed by the way the tables work. Even if making sheets with tables on the old site made me feel like some sort of witch doing dark magic this will be easier.

The new site uses web current standards for line height, in the general interest of readability for prose. You should be able change it in source mode by setting the line-height attribute on the associated paragraphs.

So i've tried a couple of things, I can get it to work with <p style="line-height:0.9;"> This works for normal stuff

I also tried it with <tr height="10px"> for tables but it doesn't seem to work, i think this is because tables have a minimum height, so i can make them TALLER but not shorter, because the line-height is blocking it, which i can't figure out how to change lol

Example of using the paragraph style

testtesttest

testestest

Paragraphparagraph

paragraphparagraph

Edited by Neopopulas (see edit history)

Instead of adding a whole new post i thought i'd add it here. When i've been playing around with the source, there is an option to resize the source window but it doesn't actually resize, it just makes a bigger box around it. Is there any way to make it resize properly, it would be so much easier to use.

29 minutes ago, Neopopulas said:

Instead of adding a whole new post i thought i'd add it here. When i've been playing around with the source, there is an option to resize the source window but it doesn't actually resize, it just makes a bigger box around it. Is there any way to make it resize properly, it would be so much easier to use.

When I am playing in source I ctrl a to select all, copy and then paste into notepad and work from there and copy back when I am done. Much easier to see and search the code.

For what it's worth, I also think the vertical line spacing is too much.  Of course it only looks worse with the ultra-wide page, but even when that is dealt with I'd also love more condensed text.  I'll play with the source, but that will be a huge pain to have to do that in every post.

Things are still in development folks, don’t worry. The current options/layout/plugins are not the final version, and there is a lot more work to do before we’re going to declare things ready for initial release.

1 hour ago, Colin said:

Things are still in development folks, don’t worry. The current options/layout/plugins are not the final version, and there is a lot more work to do before we’re going to declare things ready for initial release.

I know, I"m not worrying, but I just figured more feedback would be helpful.  No reason to fix something if no one thinks it is a problem.