General OOC

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

My apologies, I can't tell if Karn is having a moment of realization that about the nature of the portcullus or not. I'm happy to have the scene where it dawns on him that the consequences of his actions have hit, but I don't know if that was the intention.

Karn had noticed that the skeleton's chains went into the wall and then noticed that when they moved the portcullis started going up and that when we killed them it went down again.

• 1 month later...

Greetings, all! You probably all saw the security notice and said to yourselves, "Great, Eric's going to be sidelined for a bit." "A bit" turned into "a good long while" on account of previously scheduled RL stuff that all bled together to keep my free time firmly in negative territory for the better part of a month. If you're all still around and kicking, great--I shall be resuming presently.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the pace of this game and the overall buy-in has left me a bit lost for the character and the plot. I might need to bow out unless there are other ideas from the table on how to resolve either of these issues.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I'm feeling like I agree with Basil. While Odd Jobs survived a whole lot of changes, at this point there are so many fits and starts and gaps in knowledge that it's never going to really get going the way it used to be. Do we want one last battle hurrah, or shall I just spill the tea on where the plot would have headed, and we can all ride out to our next epic adventure?

• 1 month later...

Friends, I hope everyone got a chance to take a look at the reveal thread. If there are any reactions, questions, etc. I will be glad to answer! I'll leave the game open another couple of weeks for this purpose.

As for my future gaming plans, I'll probably be focusing on systems other than D&D for my immediate forays. If Risus, Blades in the Dark, or Legend in the Mist sound exciting, stay tuned! I hope to game with you again someday (Basil and Login already know there's no escape from me 😀), and don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything I can do to make your weaving better!

Enjoyed the game (and I read the reveal thread) - I think Karn would have wanted to escape the Crocus and move on.

Don't know anything about those other systems.

So I suppose I could peel back the veil a bit here too. Byll was meant to be a bit of a thorn in the side of the party throughout this little underground adventure. He was your babysitter, after all. But there wasn't much buy-in or buy-out from anyone, and so it mostly just became something I dabbled in when I wasn't annoyed about writing it.

The end goal was still there though. I wanted to either make Byll annoying enough that the party felt comfortable breaking the promise to the rebel group or somehow subtly convince them that it was a good idea (and that it was their idea). I knew I couldn't do both because motivations would contradict, but I thought I'd be able to eventually catch the pulse of one or two PCs enough to jump headfirst into A or B.

My Plan C was a bit more chaotic and it was just Byll going rogue, taking the items himself, and then leading a Benny Hill style chase out of town. Then deal with the mistrust he'd created with the group somewhere outside city limits when he allowed himself to get caught (*or just after he got caught). There's a reason this was Plan C.

Good game, Eric. I like that you offer layers to your plots and genuinely interesting in-scene problems to solve. There was probably a ton of details in some of those rooms -especially those last few- that we totally missed that made you shout at your screen.

Yes, indeed, on multiple fronts. But Byll himself was one of those runners that the organization would like to get rid of, too. A common tactic is to pit multiple runners against each other on the same objective--so it was intended not to be 100% clear whether Byll was trustworthy or not, and whether his former associates were trustworthy or not.

I enjoyed the game. Brynna is rather a coward, so would have loved to get out from under the Crocus if it could have been done safely.

My recent problem is that I have usually accessed MW on my p[hone, and the new system is not really very phone-friendly. But I enhoyed playing with all of your.