Not Having the forum thread fill the whole screen?

(This may be the wrong place to ask, and I apologize if so, please direct me to the proper place to ask if that's the case)

Is there any way to change how it looks on my end so that the forum thread doesn't fill the entire screen?

Like: https://imgur.com/a/eAd0iRk

What we have is the top one, and I would vastly, vastly prefer a forum that looked like the bottom one (i.e. like how it looked on the old weave) because I really hate how lines get stretched out on the full size version. If there's nothing I can do to make it look like it's supposed to, then I guess I'm stuck with this, but since this my first time actually using this newfangled website, I have no idea, and looking everywhere I can't find any information on if there's any solution.

And if there isn't, are there plans to make that an option in the future? Because while there's a lot I really don't like about this new version of the weave (hence why this is my first time using it) this post-stretching may well be the worst part of them all (for me personally).

Baldr is responsive modern  design to accommodate all screen sizes  where ogmw is static. I have an ultra wide monitor so I feel your pain. I just use a smaller window width so the forum is more narrow.

The max width right now is 1920px. That is also being evaluated to be changed.

3 minutes ago, bwatford said:

Baldr is responsive modern  design to accommodate all screen sizes  where ogmw is static. I have an ultra wide monitor so I feel your pain. I just use a smaller window width so the forum is more narrow.

The max width right now is 1920px. That is also being evaluated to be changed.

Fingers crossed, then. I suppose shrinking the window is a good middle ground for now. Didn't think of that, actually. 😅

Oh wow this really took me by surprise lol. I can't say i love it but it is what it is, i think it might be a little bit of an over-correction but that's just my two cents. I never noticed it on reddit maybe because i use a custom reddit theme or old reddit or just don't notice it because its all to the left with everything padded on the right.

However that said if this allows us to see more things put to the side of the center column that could be good, one of the problems with the full width was that it had no space to put things like forum trees or anything. Either way it doesn't look horrible but its going to take some getting used to. I think i was in the minority in that i liked the much wider text space compared to OGMW.

Probably have to fix a few sheets but also if i can suggest one tiny edit (aside from the unreasonable 'no please don't make me' and the slightly more reasonable 'oh god please make it 20% bigger') you might need a tiny bit of padding on the right because the text gets REAL close to the edge and looks a bit odd when you have all that padding on the left under the name/avatar stuff.

As an aside, has this little dot always been there? I just noticed it and i thought it was my screen but its not.

Capture.PNG.9d096b15c093b21ae380708ccbd0b6c5.PNG

Edited by Neopopulas (see edit history)

@Neopopulas ok, added in a little padding to the right side should look better now.

We originally had it a tad smaller (width wise), but I petitioned to get us a little bigger than what the benchmarks are at, so I think 1280px is where we ended up, so I think we are at the compromise between the two positions as far as width goes at this point.

That little dot looks like an ' that some coder left in on the template, so we will let @Eric track that one down and put it to bed, it is currently showing on all themes so definitely a template issue.  

7 hours ago, bwatford said:

@Kylia Quilor we have adjusted the maximum width across all themes by 33% to be more in line with popular benchmarks as per the site announcement.

https://test.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/1295-dev-news-stream/&do=findComment&comment=25867

Oh thank you so much! I - everything looks so much better. 😂

6 hours ago, bwatford said:

@Neopopulas ok, added in a little padding to the right side should look better now.

We originally had it a tad smaller (width wise), but I petitioned to get us a little bigger than what the benchmarks are at, so I think 1280px is where we ended up, so I think we are at the compromise between the two positions as far as width goes at this point.

That little dot looks like an ' that some coder left in on the template, so we will let @Eric track that one down and put it to bed, it is currently showing on all themes so definitely a template issue.  

Padding helped a lot, it looks a little more roomy now.