The Grand Market Inn and Tavern OOC

hoverfrog

Late to the party, and I realize that a wand / dorje of Rope Trick / Dirt Nap would cost 4,500gp. Way out of budget XD
Scrolls of Rope Trick would cost 150gp, (a powerstone of Dirt Nap would cost the same), which is just out of reach for To'Nari now that we've paid for the dragonshard.

Down the line (aka next level up) I'll have To'Nari take it as a power known, if need be.

How are warforges formed? They have an elemental in them right?

I thought I was figuring something out... but realized that Nox's arm is metal and so she can't be druid.

In which case, she will likely just be full ranger. I am a bit tempted by slayer and may think a bit more about it, but I think ranger will win.

Edited by fenrirlokison (see edit history)

14 hours ago, fenrirlokison said:

How are warforges formed? They have an elemental in them right?

I thought I was figuring something out... but realized that Nox's arm is metal and so she can't be druid.

In which case, she will likely just be full ranger. I am a bit tempted by slayer and may think a bit more about it, but I think ranger will win.

Warforged are created using a creation forge, a kind of magical machine that relies on the user's dragonmark (Mark of Making) to operate. They don't have an elemental inside them. Some people even say that they don't have a soul.

A warforged is made from stone, plant matter, metal, and other material. Some warforged have no metal components at all, some are constructed of mithral or adamantium. If you wanted to say that the arm was from a warforged that had no metal, or minimal metal, I'm fine with that, it's not supposed to limit your class choices.

Hmmm... Well, I was thinking they had elementals in them and thously the warforged arm could be where the druid abilities were coming from. I suppose I could still do that? Maybe change it to where the warforged was a druid?? Hmmmm....I may just be thinking a bit too much to try and get some more access to goodberries + be able to change into animals. I am rather fine with just a straight up ranger, so I will likely go that direction.

Roderick can try to scribe up a couple scrolls/powerstones of Rope Trick/Dirt Nap, if we want some. Pretty much even odds of making the UMD check to emulate the spell, and even though the cost per use/charge is higher for scrolls, at least it'd only be the value of a single scroll wasted on a failed attempted, rather than the full cost of the wand. 

think the Repair spells should work. Per the Eberron conversion, they're Transmutation spells, same as Goodberry, so if it's a limitation on the 'source' of the magic - ie, positive energy - there shouldn't be an issue.

So, ranger combat styles... There is an elemental choice, I look at scorching weapons and see the Prerequisite is ifrit. It doesn't really seem to make much sense to me that it's an option for rangers if the only ones that can take it are ifrit, so I'm guessing being a ranger is an exception? Is that the right way of thinking.

23 hours ago, fenrirlokison said:

Hmmm... Well, I was thinking they had elementals in them and thously the warforged arm could be where the druid abilities were coming from. I suppose I could still do that? Maybe change it to where the warforged was a druid?? Hmmmm....I may just be thinking a bit too much to try and get some more access to goodberries + be able to change into animals. I am rather fine with just a straight up ranger, so I will likely go that direction.

If you want to fluff something in a certain way, I'm not going to object.

16 hours ago, fenrirlokison said:

So, ranger combat styles... There is an elemental choice, I look at scorching weapons and see the Prerequisite is ifrit. It doesn't really seem to make much sense to me that it's an option for rangers if the only ones that can take it are ifrit, so I'm guessing being a ranger is an exception? Is that the right way of thinking.

Scorching Weapons is a racial feat for Ifrit but I don't see any reason why it can't apply to any other race that has a relationship with fire. It seems pretty well suited to a warforged actually although probably for different reasons.

I've uploaded Remi's sheet, made a character thread, and copied over the players' notes. The biggest thing that still irks me about baldr is the font color selection isn't the same. You have to click around more and there's too many choices on the expanded screen.

edit: it's not as bad if you put your heading in a color and when you clone a post it remembers the color in the selection box

Edited by FrancisJohn (see edit history)