Durlag’s Tower - OOC

Poor_Knight

Posted (edited)

@8w_gremlin Yes, the t-rex breaks the grapple by virtue of size. This demon has Truesight, which I mentioned in an earlier post was not affected by illusions, which the cloak generates.

And for Bloodaxe, the poison dmg was 26 on each attack. A failed save w/ your resistance makes it 13 poison dmg. A successful save w/ resistance makes it 6 dmg.

So success/failed save total damage for Bloodaxe would be:
Attk 1: 28/35
Attk 2: 29/36

Edited by Poor_Knight (see edit history)

Ok Mandatories...

Since i am no longer restrained ,nor incapitated... all attacks directed against me, have to be re done with disadvantage ,due to my Cloak of Displacement reactivating this turn.

Provided that these invisible attackers aren't more Stalkers, or demonic with truesight.

Second to that Bloodaxe will cast Shield... which even if their current rolls are their lowest rolls, with a current AC of 20 and a boost of +5 to my AC ,which by the looks of all their remaining rolls means the rest will miss me totally.

Thirdly if these invisible attackers aren't stalkers, Do they appear after they have attacked me?

Need the last question answered before i make an actual move..

and additionally could a dwarf run up a T-Rex's back...?

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Oh yeah, forgot about cloak - it'll just cancel their Advantage. That makes the first attack miss, second attack still hits.

Shield cannot be cast if you are holding a shield as discussed previously (which takes an Action to unequip) and a weapon. To my knowledge Bloodaxe has no free hands required to cast a spell with Somatic components.

No, the attackers did not appear.

Edited by Poor_Knight (see edit history)

I havent had my shield out this combat, have made all my hits with Two Handed attacks,which since its the shield i cast in their combat phase. i can just take one hand off my Battleaxe to cast, and then return it in my combat phase.

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)

Ok so if thats your call.. and both attacks miss? i presume both needs for saves are negated...since no attack was successful?

And invisible opponents shite me....

But time for the response.

Hmmmm Brain Strain today, sorry having a bad mental day...

I need clarity...

Unseen assailent one rolled a 24 to hit. (which enacts my Shield reaction spell,boosting my AC 18 up by +5 to AC 23)

Since that attack is still higher,did that attack actually hit, or is the first attack negated on casting of the spell...

This shortsword is also poisoned. to which i rolled a failed save.. (but can now make an idomitable save check)

Can you please tell me what the actual attack damage is, and then seperately what the damage for poison will be with a failed save and with a successful save.

If that first attack does hit, it negates my cloak again. but the shield negates the second attack from the first attacker, and the second attacker doesnt get a hit in.

I start off at 121 hit points.. 15 of which are temp hit points.Which any damage will come off first,before actual damage.

59 minutes ago, cheezal said:

Hmmmm Brain Strain today, sorry having a bad mental day...

I need clarity...

Unseen assailent one rolled a 24 to hit. (which enacts my Shield reaction spell,boosting my AC 18 up by +5 to AC 23)

Since that attack is still higher,did that attack actually hit, or is the first attack negated on casting of the spell...

This shortsword is also poisoned. to which i rolled a failed save.. (but can now make an idomitable save check)

Can you please tell me what the actual attack damage is, and then seperately what the damage for poison will be with a failed save and with a successful save.

If that first attack does hit, it negates my cloak again. but the shield negates the second attack from the first attacker, and the second attacker doesnt get a hit in.

I start off at 121 hit points.. 15 of which are temp hit points.Which any damage will come off first,before actual damage.

Correct, all attacks miss. Unseen attackers are still unseen, but targetable w/ disadvantage.