OOC

Ruess

Before the spell fades from your conscious mind, you have enough time to cast your magical senses upon the mirrors that Macsen has drawn your interest to, allowing you to confirm that from each mirror you feel a strong presence of magic. Its nature eludes you completely, but you know there is strong magic at work within those mirrors.

Elektra discloses the existence of magic mirrors

Had time between phone calls to look it up. I thought they were magic.

One allowed me to detect or true-see the mimic when it was hiding, and Sarai determined that one was connected to the Plane of Shadows.

it seems that each display made use of a large mirror within it, perched safely upon the wall. On a quick look it seems that most such mirrors are intact

When the dwarf suggests taking the mirros, Sarai would consider it. They may not even come loose. It may also be unwise to tamper with them. Remember the magic pillar in the last chamber. Be wary.

Fascinating... Sarai would walk slowly toward the shadow mirror. It's like gazing through a window into a plane of shadow. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

So, it's worth knowing their approximate size and how they are hung (loose or affixed).

If not moveable, then we should consider one more attempt to detect magic on them when we are finished with our other tasks and are ready to depart.

If we still can't decipher the puzzle, then we could consult more experienced magicians for more information.

This information will have value in and of itself since we know the location of the magic mirrors.

Edited by Terran (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Terran said:

CAN ANYONE REMEMBER

Didn't we detect magical auras emanating from the mirrors?

If so, how big are they?

Are they hanging on the wall or affixed to the wall?

PS: If worth anything, we might be able to salvage them on the way out as we move spices and goods.

1.) Elektra did try detecting for magic. She knows powerful magic is about. Unfortunately, her talent in recognizing magics is not very strong right now.

2.) The mirrors are about the size of a mirror you would find in a well furnished home: by width they are larger than a painting and tall enough that carrying such a mirror is going to demand all your focus and effort. And that's without considering how much they might weigh. There's a lot of metal in the frames, so they'llp probably weigh quite a bit, too.

3.) By what all of your group's members have seen, searched and sought, they look like they are attached to the wall. There are no visible hooks about, nor explicitoly carved little crevices they would be set it, but neither was there any magic fiddling with them - at least by what Elektra could tell.

4.) Mobilizing the mirrors is a good idea if you have a clear route to the lift.

3 hours ago, Draidden said:

I don't think we ever did detect magic on them. I suppose if someone mentions it we could take a minute or two to look into each mirror and see what happens. I just hope each one does not summon an enemy to fight. 😉

Wouldn't that just be a thing? Imagine how much fun it would be to get attacked right as you are grasping the mirror's frames on both sides and preparing to lift - and then, right on cue, The Boogie Monster comes flying right in your face!

2 hours ago, Terran said:

If not moveable, then we should consider one more attempt to detect magic on them when we are finished with our other tasks and are ready to depart.

If we still can't decipher the puzzle, then we could consult more experienced magicians for more information.

This information will have value in and of itself since we know the location of the magic mirrors.

Indeed. Very insightful.

So!

Who feels daring? Who wants to lift a mirror from its position, and which mirror shall it be?

Addititionally, thanks to Shade. You discovered that two mirrors are... off. Something is off about them and they both set Shade's nerves on edge. All those of you who stood watch are able to echo this feeling.

Are we "Sure" that our negative emotional reaction was from the mirror and not from seeing Shade's reflection?"

LoL 😀

1 hour ago, Terran said:

DM - Sorry I just realized I did not add a Herbalist Profession Skill Check dice roll.

I added one to my prior post. Did she learn anything about the dying fungus?

I rolled a 19 + 6 = 25 Herbalist Profession.

Sending data your way on the double.

Ok. I'm confused.

After defeating the goblins, we came out of their lair through a secret door.

Then we walked down the hallway past the statue area to get to the other side and begin exploring anew.

Can't we simply return that same way (which did not activate the statue when we came through last time)?

Then take out the goblins and make their lair our own.

We could, but we still have to get through the room with the statue and hope it does not activate on us as well as having to worry about the goblins waiting to throw javelins at us as we move through the room.

And considering they know of the secret passage, they will either be waiting for us or have blocked it off.

We don't know if the statue will attack us again, but it does appear you have to be on the steps leading out of the room, or into it, in order for the statue to activate. The goblins know that too and that is why they have set up and the top of the stairs and not moved onto them. Also they might know that the statue attacks anyone in the room once activated so could wait till we enter and then one of them steps on the stairs, activates the statue and then they run and get behind their door while the statue kills us.

So many dastardly ways to looks at this. 😉

12 hours ago, Terran said:

What thread shows us the awarded experience points?

There has been an oversight.

I will correct it in the future.

I also have an entry due for the Loot Bag Thread, thank you for reminding me.

12 hours ago, Draidden said:

So many dastardly ways to looks at this. 😉

Indeed~

It is almost as though by design crafted by a fiendish mind.

Currently, the party stands at 1030 exp each, per the latest Christmas Present over in Discord.