OOC

Ruess

The events proceeded thusly

1. Tainted Mimic attacks Skold. Tainted Mimic succeeds partially.
    1. Skold is injured but Disabled.
  2. Elektra attacks the Tainted Mimic.
    1. Tainted Mimic is injured and rendered Dying.
    2. In order to save everyone's time, Tainted Mimic dies immediately.
  3. Skold crawls away from the metaphoric wreckage of the Tainted Mimic
    1. Skold is Disabled but he is able to take a single move action.
    2. Strictly speaking, he moves only five feet but we'll handwave him crawling ten feet as not worth making a fuss about.
    3. At the end of his turn, Skold takes five points of delayed damage.
    4. Skold is rendered Dying, and is at -5 HP
  4. Shade ceases his silence and assists Macsen is getting Skold cleaned enough to allow Elektra to save Skold's life.
  5. Elektra casts a single healing spell on her turn.
  6. Skold is healed ten hit points.
    1. Skold's hit points leap from -5 to 5.

I am aware this is somewhat streamlining things, but I dont feel like being immensely pedantic about this.

Hail, Conquering Heroes. Slayers of Tainted Mimic.

Addendum: If you wish to heal Skold further, you may take the time to do so. You have spells and potions, yes?

Edited by Ruess (see edit history)

Aye, Ruess has the right of it. The delayed damage pool is the unusual thing that might have thrown regular hp math off.

I do think I'm not quite restricted to 5ft though. Being disabled, I move at half speed, and I'm no longer being grappled at that point so I should return to normal [read: half] move speed, so a 10ft roll is within a halved to 15ft move speed. As you say, not worth arguing about, just going with what my understanding was at the time.

Edited by Lord of Monies (see edit history)

Point Of Order: I thought you were prone. You were not. Being rendered prone would have merited an explicit notification from me.

My mistake.

Rules Compendium, pages 72-72 covers Disabled and movement thereof. We're good here.

Wording

INJURY, HEALING, AND DEATH [excerpt.]

A disabled creature can take a single move action or standard action each round, but not both.
It can’t take full-round actions. It moves at half speed. Taking move actions doesn’t cause further injury.

Edited by Ruess (see edit history)

Ahh, yeah prone would explain it. I guess I might not technically have been prone from the mechanics of the attack, but I definitely carried on as if I was knocked on the ground which effectively is prone? The joys of the narrative overtaking the mechanics. What fun we have.

Next time I think I will go with Sarai's method.

LoL!

As snugglepooh posted, all you would have had to do is wear the gore until tomorrow when she could get the proper magic to conduct the cleaning!

Yuck! 😀

CAN ANYONE REMEMBER

Didn't we detect magical auras emanating from the mirrors?

If so, how big are they?

Are they hanging on the wall or affixed to the wall?

PS: If worth anything, we might be able to salvage them on the way out as we move spices and goods.

ร—
ร—