OOC

Ruess

Well, I was reminded that the casters lose access to their spells in the room, so casting spells won't work. There is a chance that the Silent spell will be canceled once Shade enters the room, but at least they won't hear us until we are rushing into the room.

I am not trying to push the group into anything, but at the same time I do not want to sit around for 2 or 3 weeks discussing what we might do. I find that happens a lot on these boards and in some cases it takes either the DM or a player deciding they are going to do something to push things along.

I'm good for resolving any kind of a plan quickly to spare us time. i've seen plenty to have a gist of what you would do and prioritize.

I'm also thinking we should take planning slowly for the holidays. Let's take our time feasting and being merry.

• 2 weeks later...

If one of us has access to the Mending spell they could repair the dolphin. Then it would be worth a lot more when we sell it.

I guess at next level I should spend some skill points on Appraise. Unless someone else already has it.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, I'm takinng a little look across mundane gear to shop for rope-bridge assistance. Extra rope is a given of course to act as lifelines for those crossing. I don't know if pitons would be of any help, but might get some anyway for who knows what. Beyond that, I'm open to suggestions.

We should probably carry pitons, hooks, rings, hammer, as a matter of course, assuming someone can absorb the excess weight without compromising their abilities.

Well, I think our biggest problem is that we could not see the other side of the bridge. So that makes it over 60' long and we have no way of getting to the other side without at least one of us going on the current bridge. Which we are fairly certain it will not hold for even Shade.

It still wouldn't hurt to lay in those basic supplies mentioned above.

A folding grappling hook (Arms and Equipment Guide), folding saw (A.&E.G.), flasks of oil, sledgehammer, pry bar, block and tackle, bag of nails, etc. might be valuable too.

Elektra can carry some extra weight without altering her skills.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

PS: We also either talked about, or used rawhide cords and pieces of rope to strengthen the bridge.

I can't remember if it went any farther than being discussed or not.

Edited by Terran (see edit history)

Another concern I have is reinforcing the anchor points. Splitting into two teams allows there to be some defense in case we get rushed and the bridge attacked, but something that would make it harder to uproot the bridge means we'd have more time to move or intervene.