Generation Related Questions

IWantBapo

1 hour ago, IWantBapo said:

Yep, that checks out. You can garnish additional hit points based off of your spell level but I am pretty sure stances do not have a set spell level, only character level requirements.

They do have initiator levels though. Martial Spirit is Level One. The statement is a bit iffy because of the "effect" hence the reason I asked whether it works with other sources such as blade magic. So it only works with spells? Or does that include spell-like abilities based off spells?

8 hours ago, MysteryNo1 said:

They do have initiator levels though. Martial Spirit is Level One. The statement is a bit iffy because of the "effect" hence the reason I asked whether it works with other sources such as blade magic. So it only works with spells? Or does that include spell-like abilities based off spells?

The problem is that it specifically says spell level, which is exclusive to using magic. If I am remembering correctly, stances also do not operate as spell-like abilities, so the item doesn't apply here. Now if the stance state that it heals equal to 2+spell level or had wording indicating it was a spell-like ability with a caster level equal to your character level then I could see how the item might apply, unfortunately it does not indicate either of those things.

7 hours ago, Rudolf said:

Are you referring to the city of Greyhawk, or the entire campaign setting? Where should characters be from?

You just need to be from the Greyhawk setting, four times bi-weekly is minimum twice a week.

On 2/21/2023 at 6:54 AM, IWantBapo said:

Yep, that checks out. You can garnish additional hit points based off of your spell level but I am pretty sure stances do not have a set spell level, only character level requirements.

There's a second part of the soulmeld based on invested essentia. Edit: i.e. not based on spell level.

"Essentia: Every point of essentia invested increases the additional healing by 2 more hit points."

I've used this with a crusader before. Basically as long as you're investing essentia it works, RAW. It was my default essentia investment to pick up 6 or 8 points of healing per hit (with that stance) along with combat reflexes. 😉

Edit 2: Oh, and for reference, most maneuvers and stances are Ex abilities, they even work in dead magic zones / an anti magic field. The ones that aren't are Su abilities and those are specified. Its why martial adepts don't have to worry about spell resistance, ever. 😉

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Amoren said:

Standard two flaws allowed?

Yup, you can take up to two flaws.

59 minutes ago, Ryfte said:

There's a second part of the soulmeld based on invested essentia. Edit: i.e. not based on spell level.

"Essentia: Every point of essentia invested increases the additional healing by 2 more hit points."

I've used this with a crusader before. Basically as long as you're investing essentia it works, RAW. It was my default essentia investment to pick up 6 or 8 points of healing per hit (with that stance) along with combat reflexes. 😉

Edit 2: Oh, and for reference, most maneuvers and stances are Ex abilities, they even work in dead magic zones / an anti magic field. The ones that aren't are Su abilities and those are specified. Its why martial adepts don't have to worry about spell resistance, ever. 😉

Okay, well if you plan on doing it that way than I suppose its fine. So long as its RAW. Just be sure to give me the book and page number so I can find the rules if I need to later.

Edited by IWantBapo (see edit history)

Magic of Incarnum can be a lot of fun. Its unfortunate that it was published at the end of the 3.x cycle and never really got much support other than the main book. That's true of quite a bit of interesting stuff, just like Tome of Battle, i.e. Martial Adepts. *shrug*

7 hours ago, Steel Warrior said:

@IWantBapo Although Dragon Magazine is banned, is the Dragon Magazine Compendium book a valid source?

Like Battledancer class, or the Serenity Feat. Also how are you regarding Vow of Poverty?

A compendium is just a brief summary of a larger work or of a field of knowledge. So the Compendium is not allowed to be used.

Vow of Poverty is RAW and allowed.

3 hours ago, Amoren said:

Second question, Fractional BAB/Saves or no?
Edit: Nevermind, went with a different build idea that would be the same either way!

On another note, one absolutely sneaky kobold has been finished.

We wont be using Fractionals, for clarification.

2 hours ago, IWantBapo said:

A compendium is just a brief summary of a larger work or of a field of knowledge. So the Compendium is not allowed to be used.

Vow of Poverty is RAW and allowed.

We wont be using Fractionals, for clarification.

I see, because it has the official wizards licensed product, technically it's an official source. Unlike say, Tome of Horrors by Necromacer Games, which does not have the official logo.

image.png.6be8ca3a27e20a0db00f7d1f47120849.png

7 hours ago, Steel Warrior said:

I see, because it has the official wizards licensed product, technically it's an official source. Unlike say, Tome of Horrors by Necromacer Games, which does not have the official logo.

image.png.6be8ca3a27e20a0db00f7d1f47120849.png

Right, but its just all of the dragon magazines stacked into one spot is it not?