ariel's application

ariel

40 minutes ago, ariel said:

Jeez Louise. Ok! I will post soon!

In public news, I did make one small change in Dae since the game began and wanted to ensure was ok with you. I just moved the one skill from Deception from Persuasion. As soon as I started playing her, I really felt the former didn't work. Ok?

Domino effect! I had been considering giving Mags expertise in Deception: Mags was trained as a conman, but he has little natural talent with deception. He's just naturally forthright and uncomfortable lying to people. However, I was thinking of expertise to reflect that, as he grows in his connection to Nezeris, he'd increase his ability with deception--so more of a divine boon rather than the result of the Master's training. 

But I dropped the (expertise in deception) idea when I saw that Dae was going to be the queen of deception--Mags would never shine at deception in her presence. But if Dae is getting out of the Deception business, I'll have to reconsider. 

On 3/25/2023 at 11:31 AM, ariel said:

Sorry, forgot to post that I can see it now. 

I really like your "non-shiny" bard. Many D&D applications involve characters that are not designed to part of an ensemble cast, but rather the start of their own show. I liked Dae for many reasons, part part of the appeal was her non-shiny, yet compelling, starting point. She is the kind of character I want to accompany as she has her adventures, but she's also the kind of character that works as part of an ensemble, interacting with the rest of the cast in interesting ways. 

The Crush: yeah, let's put that on hold. We can talk more about it when you've got a better handle on Dae. 

The Visions: I'm trying to keep things as flexible as possible, so lets say the visions sometimes have sound and sometimes don't. You decide what you think would make for interesting role play and dynamics between Dae and Mags. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...