Character Selection

2 hours ago, Roughtrade said:

You have twenty two teams listed.  Are you really planning on having twenty two players?  And will X-Men Team One be expected to fight X-Men Team Two?  

As Epic as that would be, i doubt there will be 22 players. I mostly wanted to give players options. Unselected characters would likely be NPCs somewhere on battleworld to be encountered later. I am creating a map of battleworld with a couple of potential starting locations (4), and each team will be randomly determined (1D4), which starting location they start in - So teams could start at same location or a team might find itself alone.

I am drawing extra inspiration from the Thing comic series in which the Thing stayed on Battleworld for a period after the secret wars - so there is a lot of people, places and things on battleworld to encounter. So it isnt just hero vs hero or hero vs villain - there is also planetary exploration, random encounters, random events and so on. In the original series a chunk of Denver was transported and became part of Battleworld - i have expanded on that concept as well.

No the like minded teams wouldnt be expected to have issues with other like minded teams.. ie (x-men & x-men). Any potential hero vs hero confrontation would evolve around the less like minded teams (avengers vs xmen) and or different universe (marvel vs DC - ie: "that guy dressed like a bat looks like a villain..."). But again that is mostly determined by the players themselves.

7 hours ago, rauhric said:

I understand better what you want to do with your game. I look forward to seeing it come about. 

So how do we pick teams. Roll who gets to pick first?

Originally i was going to go with "Who ever gets the post in first" approach. But what i might do it find out who is all interested and then ill randomly determine the order and post the "draft" order by which the players then pick. I do still have a few more teams i am adding.

6 hours ago, Jedaii said:

Having teams will be interesting. Looking forward to seeing how this all works out 🙂

Yes in the original MSH Secret War Module they have guide lines of how to split up the 18-20 characters that appeared in that book. So i have taken it to the next level to expand the secret wars. I am excited to see how things play out as well - especially with all the random encounters/events and geological locations and such that i have planned out or randomly swirling around in my head.