Character Selection

1 hour ago, rauhric said:

So is this a Battle Royal or will there be a narrative story to follow? 

Narrative..... similar to the original MSH Secret Wars module but heavily altered modified with new events and such... though there is likely to be a lot of battles.

1 hour ago, Jedaii said:

Will there be PreGens for ALL the supers or can we make the sheets ourselves?

I will be providing the sheets...  i am primarily sticking with around the 80s for the most part and such.

57 minutes ago, Roughtrade said:

The whole team?

This is beginning to sound like a very PvP setup

Yes the player will be roleplaying the whole team...  the reason is to expand it more into a secret war vs just a handful of characters. It always urked me that so many heros and villains were missing from it. PVP IS possible..  in theory the different universe heros might come to blows as so often happens when hero meets other heros... there can also be things like the anti-mutant/mutant mentality between the various marvels teams. If all the players and their collective heros decide to play nice with each other, then sort of PvP will be based on the narrative instead of just "hey fight each other" PvP concept.  Avoiding PvP is actually why i decided to keep the Villains strictly as NPC - though at some point it would be interesting to see a big SW PvP. But as it stands, the PvP should be limited unless you guys prove to be maniacs lol.

17 minutes ago, AlexTGreat said:

Narrative..... similar to the original MSH Secret Wars module but heavily altered modified with new events and such... though there is likely to be a lot of battles.

i plan on making it a long campaign vs a one and done type module.

Sounds super ambitious, but what about just letting us play a single character out in this long campaign. Having to play and roll for so many characters can really weigh down a game. I'm playing a DnD 5e Tomb Annihilation solo game where I have 6 characters + 5 hirelings and it is a lot to manage and keep straight during combat / adventure scenarios. While I do admire the idea, and look forward to playing in it (if selected), managing so many characters can get overwhelming and possibly cause undue slow downs in posting as it will seem like a lot of work to coordinate so many actions per post (or even multiple posts for each character).

Also, is it your intention to build all the characters? Could not the players build the characters if selected?

And would Magneto and Magma also be on the New Mutants team? And where Shadowcat goes, so do Lockheed. 

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)

2 hours ago, rauhric said:

Sounds super ambitious, but what about just letting us play a single character out in this long campaign. Having to play and roll for so many characters can really weigh down a game. I'm playing a DnD 5e Tomb Annihilation solo game where I have 6 characters + 5 hirelings and it is a lot to manage and keep straight during combat / adventure scenarios. While I do admire the idea, and look forward to playing in it (if selected), managing so many characters can get overwhelming and possibly cause undue slow downs in posting as it will seem like a lot of work to coordinate so many actions per post (or even multiple posts for each character).

Also, is it your intention to build all the characters? Could not the players build the characters if selected?

And would Magneto and Magma also be on the New Mutants team? And where Shadowcat goes, so do Lockheed. 

Yes it is rather ambitious project..

Well one of the reason i want the players to play a team vs just a single is to A: Have more hero/characters on the field/in the game. B: Stops me having to NPC all the non-selected characters. If a player is dead set on being a solo character then so be it. It is just ideal if they play a group. In the official MSH Secret Wars Module - the multiple character per player is one of the recommended concepts and that has a lot less options/characters. And the team characters do not have to be 100% active all the time - there can and likely will be down time for at least some of them. So for example while characters 4 thur 10 get some rest eye for the night - characters 1-3 can be on patrol or something. So it isnt like you need all team characters active all the time. Likewise, your team characters dont have to always act together - you could split them with characters from other teams to form sub-teams and only control the character from your team on that sub-team. Yes there might be times where you have to control them all. But it wont be always unless you choose to do so. Like maybe some of the more stealth minded characters discuss teaming up to do a stealth mission - then for that story arc you only have to play the character that is in that story arc. I also plan on introducing some story arcs that can draw singular characters away for micro solo adventures. And there is always the risk of death.

Character build - yes and no - primarily i am likely to just use what i can find in the books or ben reily site. I am trying to keep the characters aprox around their 80-90s time period. I figured it would mostly just be easier for me to post the characters than have to chase the players around to tweak them if i wasnt happy with them. After the initial character - players would be free to discuss some tweaking. 

Magma - yes - some reason i just forget about Magma.. when ever i prattle off the New Mutants i always seem to miss her for some reason. i will be adding her, i have been toying with moving Shadowcat to one of the xmen teams as is. And yes, Lockheed is sorta a given with Shadowcat.

As for Magneto - he is sorta a special NPC at the start depending on the hero character reactions to him and such. He can become an additional PC or remain a NPC or even become a villain.

The game will actually include a lot of random NPCs not on the lists that could actually be recruited to be a PC.