OOC

Jedaii

On 3/15/2023 at 10:33 PM, Blick said:

I went ahead and opened a new topic to get us started.

Still trying to get the hang of this post formatting.

Thanks. I need to remember to post twice when opening an IC. I'll update the forum once everyone has posted.

Hey! Sorry I'm late to the party. I hadn't turned on thread notifications yet, but they're on now.

I'm too am trying to get comfortable with the new site, and I miss my old ways. Normally I will type a post into a text editor first, with bbcode for images and bold, etc., and then paste it into the post but now I'll have to figure out how to do that with html I guess. :| 

And I realized that I often highlight words with the mouse as I'm reading, which brings up "Quote Selection" here on Baldr. :( Well, I'll adapt I'm sure.

It looks like I'll have to upload and insert an image (my character's headshot) to every post? Has anyone found a better way to do this? It seems like such a waste of space on the server.

Game on!

Edited by StevetheNPC (see edit history)

1 hour ago, StevetheNPC said:

It looks like I'll have to upload and insert an image (my character's headshot) to every post? Has anyone found a better way to do this? It seems like such a waste of space on the server.

You only have to upload the image once.  Then you can use the 'other media' drop down in the footer of the posting area and select insert existing attachment.  It should show you all the images you've uploaded to Baldr as options, so even color images you use in posts can be reused.

1 hour ago, StevetheNPC said:

It looks like I'll have to upload and insert an image (my character's headshot) to every post? Has anyone found a better way to do this?

Ah, okay, if you've already uploaded an image, you can click the Other Media button below the text editor and select "Insert existing attachment". But you still have to double-click the inserted image to set the justification and size.

You can also manage uploaded images under My Attachments by clicking on your username in the upper right.

Still, I like the bbcode method better. :P

Okey dokey. We have a 2-wagon caravan displayed below and I need a marching order: PCs can be to the front, left or right of the front wagon OR to the left, right or rear of the rear wagon. Let me know where they are so I can set tokens please. 

Caravan.png.c7485cca646f5a82c96be47289d514a7.png

5 hours ago, Jedaii said:

Okey dokey. We have a 2-wagon caravan displayed below and I need a marching order: PCs can be to the front, left or right of the front wagon OR to the left, right or rear of the rear wagon. Let me know where they are so I can set tokens please. 

Caravan.png.c7485cca646f5a82c96be47289d514a7.png

Gabe will walk in the rear of the 2nd wagon