How many games do you run?

cailano

39 minutes ago, Jedaii said:

Agreed. Have you done GURPS Supers? Opinions?

No I have not. I have not actually played any superhero RPGs since the original Marvel Super Heroes back in the 80s. Though I love comics and superhero movies, I am not drawn to superhero gaming at all. I have heard from others that GURPS Supers IS a well done system though.

Marvel Super Heroes: The Heroic Role-Playing Game - Wikipedia

• 1 month later...

My goal is one game as GM at a time. I don't think I could manage more than that.

As a player, though... I could do upwards of perhaps three. Four, if I push it.

If I'm running one at the same time, that will take a slot.

If I think about it hard enough, I think my absolute maximum number of open game slots would cap at five. That would be one as GM, max of four as a player. It really would depend on the frequency of posting, honestly.

On 6/25/2023 at 1:33 PM, prophane said:

It's definitely not for everyone.

I can agree on that.

To be fair, I kind of burned out on a campaign I was running in GURPS 4e Dungeon Fantasy.

Part of it was... GDF was just too overpowered for what I wanted to run.

I might be better as a player with GDF, but I might consider doing something that's a little more modern for it, like a special operations game, or something more akin to Monster Hunters (the GURPS game, not the anime... well, maybe the book series...)

• 2 months later...

Like others here, I can usually play in multiple games without breaking a sweat, but I try never to run more than one at a time. Based on the responses here, I'm in pretty good company.

I will add that I've started playing in person again for the first time in...*gulp*...decades, so that's taking up time that I normally would have used for more PbP games to join, so my total number of games being played in online is lower than usual for me. I have to say, though, that I love the mixture of both mediums now. PbP will always be my first love for TTRPGs and it allows for more pure, immersive roleplaying than any other style I think, but getting together with friends, rolling dice, killing bandits and eating hot pretzels together over some drinks is a great way to spend an evening too. :)

Edited by Raistlinmc (see edit history)

The reason I started looking at running multiple games is that while I suspect fantasy RPGs will remain my main interest, I want to expand my horizons a bit and experiment with other genres. For example, I wouldn't want a sci-fi game to be my only game, but I want to run one in that genre.

So, I envision having a primary campaign and a series of one-shots in various genres. I've got my eye on Stars Without Number, Trail of Cthulhu, Alien... not sure what else.