How many games do you run?

cailano

On 4/26/2023 at 9:03 PM, CharmingSatyr said:

At my peak, I was running five Pathfinder APs (3 online, 2 tabletop).

Currently, I run 3, all online -- 1 going strong, 1 doing well, and 1 I'm considering whether or not I want to try to revive it.

Awesome!

Apparently among my gaming friends I'm known as a bit of an Auteur as a DM, but in a good way. As in it's rare for me to run a game even by our standards but when I do it tends to be some real shit, in a good way. Not running any at the moment but starting one up on another site.

Edited by GleefulNihilism (see edit history)

On 4/26/2023 at 6:03 PM, CharmingSatyr said:

At my peak, I was running five Pathfinder APs (3 online, 2 tabletop).

Currently, I run 3, all online -- 1 going strong, 1 doing well, and 1 I'm considering whether or not I want to try to revive it.

Dang, respect. APs can be hard. Lots of reading.

On 4/30/2023 at 9:23 AM, GleefulNihilism said:

Apparently among my gaming friends I'm known as a bit of an Auteur as a DM, but in a good way. As in it's rare for me to run a game even by our standards but when I do it tends to be some real shit, in a good way. Not running any at the moment but starting one up on another site.

Well, stop that one and start up a game here, instead! I mean, obviously.

14 minutes ago, cailano said:

Dang, respect. APs can be hard. Lots of reading.

Strangely enough, I find I do better if I read less.  I rarely read more than a few pages ahead of wherever the group is in the story.  With PbP, I have the luxury of time when figuring out how to improvise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One or two is my limit depending on how much I have fleshed out as I tend to burn out a lot faster if more work is piled on top of my weekly live games. Currently planning a Pokerole campaign for some friends and plan to make time for a second game since the system is so easy.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running 4 games on OGMW, and was running one here but it has died out. One of my games on OGMW is really three or four active games as none of the players interact and each are running their own storylines in a shared world. I also run two weekly IRL 5e games and a monthly Sentinels of the Multiverse IRL game. I'm also working on a couple storygames on a CYOA site, but there isn't much interaction with that. Just writing, publishing and waiting for feedback and reviews.

On 6/2/2023 at 11:30 AM, fabulist said:

Three (1 planning) games here, two at another site, one at yet another site.

On 5/24/2023 at 7:52 AM, Antares90 said:

One or two is my limit depending on how much I have fleshed out as I tend to burn out a lot faster if more work is piled on top of my weekly live games. Currently planning a Pokerole campaign for some friends and plan to make time for a second game since the system is so easy.

On 6/1/2023 at 11:22 AM, Anthr4xus said:

I'm running 4 games on OGMW, and was running one here but it has died out. One of my games on OGMW is really three or four active games as none of the players interact and each are running their own storylines in a shared world. I also run two weekly IRL 5e games and a monthly Sentinels of the Multiverse IRL game. I'm also working on a couple storygames on a CYOA site, but there isn't much interaction with that. Just writing, publishing and waiting for feedback and reviews.

Wow. Somebody said there was a "GM Shortage" - more like a Player Overload 😁 So many people want to play TTRPGs. All of you are doing the real hard work bringing fun gaming experiences to players around the world. If you need a break, take it, but don't ever give up running games because based on what I'm seeing, you have a passion for it 😉

I'm up to five here and always ruminating over another.

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, prophane said:

I'm running 3 GURPS games on MW. Running another pbp using Basic DnD. Also GMing 3 live GURPS games on roll20/ in- person. Finally I'm playing in a live DnD5e game and a Pulp Cthulhu game (both on Roll20)

👍👍👍

I wish I could love GURPS. Great system tho!