The Pre-Game In-Character Thread

Kamishiro_Rin

token_1.png.ba18d35c074c2d2a05b1e13a8e573631.pngDecimus - Initiate of High Sorcery | Bladesinger Wizard | Human

AC: 13 | HP: 8/8 | Speed: 30 ft | Spell-casting: +5 / DC 13
Senses: Passive Perception 12, Insight 12, Investigation 15
STR: Score: -1
Athletics: -1
| DEXScore: +3
Acrobatics: +3
Stealth: +3
Sleight of Hand: +3
:
 16 | CONScore: 214 | INTScore: +3
Arcana: +5
History: +5
Investigation: +5
Nature: +3
Religion: +5
:
 16 | WISScore: 0

Animal Handling: 0
Insight: +2
Medicine: 0
Perception: +2
Survival: 0
:
 10 | CHAScore: -1

Deception: -1
Intimidation: -1
Performance: -1
Persuasion: -1
:

Languages: Common, Abyssal, Celestial, Primordial

FeatsWar Caster | Cantrips Blade Ward
Booming Blade
Green-Flame Blade
| Level 1Expeditious Retreat
Magic Missile
Tensors Floating Disk
Tash's Hideous Laughter
Identify
Detect Magic
Comprehend Languages
Shield

The Elvish language really was a beautiful one, he really should have dedicated more time to the study of it during his earlier days.  He was getting old now, thirty, and it seemed making things stick in his memory was becoming more and more of a challenge every day.  The language had a musical quality to it that gave the listener the impression they were not listening to a conversation between people, but something more primal, like the language of nature, as though it had always been here, and the Elves adapted to it.  What a marvel to have such poetry available in every word you spoke.  He sighed and rested his head against the high back chair, feeling the weight of his eyelids increasing from the warmth of the fire and primordial comfort of the Elvish speech.  As the Half-Elf turned her words to him (thankfully in common, he did not want to embarrass himself just yet), he turned his head to face her, not wanting to be rude.  She introduced herself, and expressed quite critically that it was not his appearance that warranted a quick break in the fresh air, to which he smiled, having not had the thought cross his mind, but appreciated her insistence.  Mery had a very nostalgic presence, reminding him of many of the other initiates, overtaxed and overstimulated.  He nodded in affirmation to her as she made her proposition to the rest of the bar to request if they would like to join her outside.  Decimus was conflicted, on one hand, he had spent a significant portion of the last week on the road, and was excited at the prospect of staying inside, but on the other, he was always inclined to follow beauty in all of its forms, be it poetry... music... or a work of art.

"I may join, but I've had plenty of fresh air for the moment, and I fear too much of a good thing... Well, you know the rest"  

MerituuliToken.png.53f9774174cd1fbd27a1aa51cf1736c8.png Merituuli Kaiutin

Sea Elf Far Traveler Beast Master Ranger

AC: 18 (Scale Mail, +2 Shield) | HP: 14/14 (1d10+2+2) | Speed: 30 ft., Swim 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 17 (Expertise, Darkvision 60 ft.), Insight 15, Investigation 10
Str: 12 (+1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 17 (+3) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: Common, Elvish, Kenderspeak, Kharolian, Khur

“My words” | ‘My thoughts’  | My actions . . .

It had taken many long weeks of travel along the Vingaard, but Merituuli had finally made it.  The little village of Vogler, positively quaint in comparison to the underwater city of Dimernost, still held a certain homely charm to it... and, at the very least, it was near enough to the water to not feel entirely alien to the sea elf.  He walked along the streets, letter from Lady Becklin in hand, muttering to himself, “Brass Crab, Brass Crab, Brass Crab... hope they have something edible... this 'beef' and 'pork' the land-dwellers insist on serving...”  He found that he did not need to walk far, as the Brass Crab was thankfully close to the wharf.  Looking up as he approached the establishment, his mouth turned into a wide grin and he chuckled softly to himself, thinking, By the Fisher, it does look like a crab, doesn't it?  Good sign, that!

He paused a moment as his sharp ears picked up on the sound of a woman singing.  He was unfamiliar with the tune... a dirge, perhaps?... but it was haunting, and held his attention as he approached closer.  Finally, standing a respectable distance away, he allowed the woman to finish her solo before waving to get her attention.

Standing tall and proud, with the grin still plastered across his face, was a highly unusual sight in these lands - a sea elf.  His light blue skin visible for all to see, he only wore a simple pair of woven kelp pants, leaving his upper torso bare.  Old scars crisscrossed along his body, including the tell-tale pattern of a shark-bite at his hip, and he wore a necklace of shark teeth, shells, and pearls around his neck.  Perhaps most strange about the sea elf, as if that fact alone wasn't strange enough, was the staff-length straight, ridged shell that he had strapped to his back.

Speaking in accented Common, he exclaimed, "Very moving!  Will you be singing at Sir Ispin's services, by chance?"

OOC

@tbggHello there!

Edited by PhoenixSlayer (see edit history)

spacer.png                        Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 12/12 (1d8+2) +2 Tough | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10, Insight 10, Investigation 14
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 11 (+0) | Cha: 16 (+3)
Languages: Common, Elvish, Solamnic, Kharolian, Draconic

Spell-casting: +5 or DC 13 | 1st 2/2

Mery jumps at the voice, startled.  Yes, she was singing - albeit quietly - in public. She'd even invited some of the others from inside the inn to join her if they wanted to.  But she'd gotten so caught up in her song that she'd forgotten about all of that.

Turning to face the voice, she's astonished for just a moment by the sheer exoticness of its owner, and she takes a moment to take in the blue skin, the pants made of kelp, the necklace, and the shell on his back.  His pointed ears, however, give away that he is an Elf of some kind.  Although Mery has never seen anyone of his race before, she remembers her "Elven" phase when she was trying to learn everything she could about her Elven heritage, and the book she read about the different races of Elves on Krynn.  This had to be a sea Elf.  But if she was remembering right, there were two types - the deep dwellers and the shoal dwellers.

"Greetings," she finally says with a warm smile for the newcomer.  "If you're here for Ispin Greenshield's funeral, you've come to the right place.  I'm Mery.  Which kind of sea Elf are you, shoal dweller or deep dweller?  And what is your name?"  She has other questions for the newcomer as well, but doesn't want to hit him with too many at once.

"As for singing at Ispin's funeral, I hadn't planned on it.  It's just there's getting to be a lot of people in there, and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed, even though they seem like perfectly nice people.  I came out here to take a short break, and got kind of caught up in my song."  She gives an embarrassed grin, and her cheeks flush pink.

OOC

@PhoenixSlayer Hi!  You're up, if you want to respond to Mery.

Edited by tbgg (see edit history)

token1.png.1f361b5b69f15cd7a9ff716bb787caee.pngHunni Collic

Gully Dwarf Mage of High Sorcery Hexblade Warlock

The gully dwarf smiled at Modri.  "That does sound fun.  Useful.  I could write recipes on myself, that I didn't want to lose.  Or spells!  Or recipes.  That would be useful."  She continued her doodling, this time on the table itself, with her magical writing.

As she doodled, Hunni listened to the others talk.  Emril seemed a bit too intense, a little scary, and reminded her of the talls that her tribe was always running away from.  Soldiers.  The ones fighting the lizard-like tails during the war.  She decided not to bother him while he was...  doing whatever it was he was doing in his metal clothes.

The other tall talking to him seemed nice enough, although she suspected he was a soldier too.  Ipsin seemed to have dangerous friends.  She'd stick with the funny painted dwarf and the nice elven lady who helped her get some stew.

Then, the elf lady stepped outside.  Hunni considered joining her, but decided that it was nice inside, with all the people, even if they were scary.

Instead, she called out to Decimus.  "Hey!  Are you a pirate?"

token_1.png.ba18d35c074c2d2a05b1e13a8e573631.pngDecimus - Initiate of High Sorcery | Bladesinger Wizard | Human

AC: 13 | HP: 6/6 | Speed: 30 ft
Senses: Passive Perception 12, Insight 12, Investigation 15
STR: Score: -1
Athletics: -1
| DEXScore: +3
Acrobatics: +3
Stealth: +3
Sleight of Hand: +3
:
 16 | CONScore: 2:14 | INTScore: +3
Arcana: +5
History: +5
Investigation: +5
Nature: +3
Religion: +5
:
 16 | WISScore: 0

Animal Handling: 0
Insight: +2
Medicine: 0
Perception: +2
Survival: 0
:
 10 | CHAScore: -1

Deception: -1
Intimidation: -1
Performance: -1
Persuasion: -1
:

Languages: Common, Abyssal, Celestial, Primordial

Cantrips Blade Ward
Booming Blade
Green-Flame Blade
| Level 1Expeditious Retreat
Magic Missile
Tensors Floating Disk
Tash's Hideous Laughter
Identify
Detect Magic
Comprehend Languages
Shield

Decimus settled back into his seat, staring emptily into the fire, losing himself in the sounds of crackling wood and the whooshing breath of the fire as it danced atop the logs, his mind wandering to some dark places as the flames consumed his thoughts.  The question was just absurd enough to be able to pierce through the dark veil of auguries that he had been trying to decipher.  He turned his head, trying to figure out what prompted it.  His lips parted slightly, and his heavy-lidded eye widened as he realized what she was talking about.  In a rather dopey manner, he pointed at the eyepatch.

"This?"

He smiled ruefully.  

"I'm afraid not, I just happened to have a great eye for detail, and I thought it would be nice to help someone out with it"

As his eyes adjusted to the darkness of the rest of the inn after staring at the fire, he catalogued who he was speaking to.  A Halfling?  Decimus was not certain, but did not want to offend.  He liked her style though, she was abuzz with vibrant energy that, while not in tune with his own, felt positive and endearing.  

"My name is Decimus, I'm no pirate, but I am an High Sorcery Initiate, far less interesting, who might you be?" 

Edited by tyrtaeus (see edit history)

image.png.a78fd01e5dd4757f4293c2d56e3e3d2e.pngArtanis Brightblade

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 18 (Chain Mail+2 Shield) | HP: ??/?? () | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception ?, Insight ?, Investigation ?
Str: 17 (+3) | Dex: 8 (–1) | Con: 1 (+) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 1 (+)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Solamnic

My words,  | My thoughts,’  | My actions . . .

Having just struck up conversation with one of Ispin's companions, the door reveals yet another new slice of the adventurers history. A tall human with a farmers hat - perhaps another person Artanis had more in common with. Certainly trying to get some conversation out of Emil had proven akin to bleeding a stone, though the man's tension had been as clear as day. 'Perhaps I should try treating him more like a skittish rescue,' Artanis mused 'if we have that time together. I don't know what past he has that's left him so careful, but people aren't born like that'. 

He laughed when Hunni asked the newcomer if they were a pirate, then caught himself 'though who knows really? Ipsin certainly had companions from all walks of life' Certainly he was not expecting the man to be a wizard - he did not match the rather more scholarly appearance Artanis had in his imagination. IF anything, he would have assumed Mery to be such, if she were older. 

"Have you travelled far then?" he calls over to the man by the fire. "I'm sorry I didn't catch your name."

OOC

@astronavigatrix Please still feel free to jump in and reply to Artanis' question, Just felt a lot was still happening.

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)