The Pre-Game In-Character Thread

Kamishiro_Rin

image.png.a78fd01e5dd4757f4293c2d56e3e3d2e.pngArtanis Brightblade

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 18 (Chain Mail+2 Shield) | HP: ??/?? () | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception ?, Insight ?, Investigation ?
Str: 17 (+3) | Dex: 8 (–1) | Con: 1 (+) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 1 (+)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Solamnic

My words,  | My thoughts,’  | My actions . . .

"Pleasure to meet you Lady Mery," Artanis replies, politely dipping his head, "You're much like myself then - I've never travelled to Vogler myself, but grew up in a small village in Lord Carrigan's fief."  

He coughs as Modri claps him on the back - probably his fault for not expecting such from the boisterous dwarf. "An excellent fight indeed from your telling, a pity Ispin interrupted its conclusion! Though we cannot hold such bests to the same code as ourselves, and giving it a right of retreat is only fair. Perhaps you shall come upon it again in your travels."

He turns to greet the three newcomers "Indeed Coltan, it speaks well to Ispin's character that so many have gathered in his memory!" Peering past the more subdued dwarf to his left he introduces himself to Katalina "Artanis Brightblade, and I would hope we can become friends. After all, we surely have to trust Aspen's judge of character."

Finally he calls over to his fellow knight who has returned from the rear rooms still wearing his armour for some reason. "Come Ser Emil, I'm sure you jest that you would ever have been called a murderer. I know it is a sad occasion that gathers us but it would not do Aspen's memory to be too dour. From where do you hail? You're making me feel underdressed!" he chuckles, "By all accounts Vogler is a peaceful enough town to afford more comfortable wear than your armour in the tavern. Katalina's story notwithstanding!"

OOC

I don’t always put OOC content in my posts, but when I do, I put it in here.

Orphélise 'Lisette' Anthylli (Twilight Cleric/Lunar Sorcerer) orphee5.png.2c83027b2bf55deda4168f40b3fad74f.png

AC: 16 (+2 shield) | HP: 10/10 | Initiative: +2 | Passive Perception: ?? | 
Spell Slots: 1st 2/2, 2nd 0/0, 3rd 0/0 | Cantrips 4/4 | DM Inspiration: 0/0

Several things happen in quick succession and Lisette has to pause and blink to process it all. Though the story of the boar does sound quite like Ispin, bless him, she doesn't entirely think the ending of the fight was quite accurate. But the man was still a friend of his, in the end, and goodness knows Ispin was a better judge of character than most. Deciding that talking would be better than simply standing there gobsmacked, she shakes herself back to the present, smiling serenely once again.

"Lisette," she introduces herself to the pretty blonde mostly, but also to the room at large, nodding back the way she'd come. "I've already gotten a room, so that's one less to worry about but... if anyone needs space, I'd be glad to move things around and share mine...?" Granted, it might be more sharing the floor than anything, but she supposes anything would be better than being out in the cold, wouldn't it? Moving to grab herself a plate, she starts piling meat onto it, occasionally pinching a bit between her fingers and nibbling as she speaks. She eyes the covered knight with a little scrunching of her nose, shaking her head.

"That's a grim joke to make if it is one," she says, only somewhat chiding, more vaguely amused- as if the attitude he's giving her off tickles some notion or another in her mind. Her eyes swing to the newest addition then, and she arches her brows slightly at the idea of 'bullies'. "Imprudent to pick a fight with someone they didn't know," she says, and the mirth in her expression grows. "Especially given the influx of us here for Ispin seem to hardly be... incapable." Fighters or enchanters in some capacity one and all- or so she assumes, though she can only speak for herself in terms of spellcraft. Deciding that a drink can wait, she settles at a table, picking at her meal in careful bites.

"It is a pleasure to meet you all though, despite the circumstances. I'm sure if nothing else, knowing we'd all be here would bring the old man no small amount of delight."

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

OOC

@tbgg it's either a site thing because there are a couple of posts without images for me or I have done Hecked Up(tm) somewhere-

Edited by astronavigatrix (see edit history)

spacer.png                        Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 12/12 (1d8+2) +2 Tough | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10, Insight 10, Investigation 14
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 11 (+0) | Cha: 16 (+3)
Languages: Common, Elvish, Solamnic, Kharolian, Draconic

Spell-casting: +5 or DC 13 | 1st 2/2

"Hunni," laughs Mery, finally figuring out what the tiny woman's comment about "the good rat" was about, "That's not rat you're eating, it's pig!"

When Artanis calls her "Lady Mery", Mery 's mind scrambles madly for a few moments before finally her cheeks bloom with color.  "Oh!  Surely you don't think..."  And then it hits her.  Her unusual armor.  Her scholarly air.  "I'm not a noble," she gasps out.  "My parents are parchment makers.  In Palanthas.  I've just been lucky enough to spend a bit of time at the Great Library there."  

"And my armor!  It's a gift from Ispin, actually.  The last time he was in Palanthas, he brought it by and said it was for whenever I finally decided to travel about and see the world.  He's been encouraging me to do that for the longest time... And I really like clothing with pockets." She briefly pats the pockets at either hip of her armor.  "He remembered that, but never said where he got the armor from."

You can stop babbling now, Mery.  Really.  So much for your so-called social skills.

Feeling embarrassed by her outburst, Mery hides her discomfort by taking a sip of her wine and a bite of her food.  "What about you?  Did Ispin do anything for or give anything special to you?"

OOC

OOC comments, if I have them, will go here.

Edited by tbgg (see edit history)

Human Knight of Solamnia 

Str: 17 (+3) | Dex: 8 (–1) | Con: 1 (+) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 1 (+)

"My apologies, didn't mean to put you off balance there Mery," Artanis replies gently, "you certainly seemed a good deal more well dressed and well spoken than the rest of us, so I just assumed."  

"He actually did give me something before he left our family, though it was a good few years before it saw use. His letter of introduction to Becklin Uth Viharin is what saw me into the Order, so I guess everything I have right now was from him in a way." He finishes humbly. "It will be nice to see Becklin again as well, I assume she's in town."

OOC

I don’t always put OOC content in my posts, but when I do, I put it in here.

The Vengeful Knight

Emil Rosenthal, the Vengeful Knight

Human Knight of Solamnia, Oath of Vengeance Paladin 1

AC: 18 (Chain Mail+2 Shield) | HP: 12/12 (1d10+2) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: Passive Perception 10, Insight 12, Investigation 9
Str: 16 (+3)|Dex: 10 (+0)|Con: 15 (+2)|Int: 8 (-1)|Wis: 10 (+0)|Cha: 14 (+2)
Languages: Common, Solamnic, Abanasinian, Draconic

"Lay on Hands": 5/5 | "Divine Sense": 3/3 | Precise Strike: 2/2 |  Spell SlotsPlaceholder until level 2

Emil remained quite for a while when his fellow knight suggested that he had made an attempt at a bad joke. Though he still had a point. This was a funeral for a good man, it’s best to keep such words at bay for now.

“I hailed from a small village in Solamnia, by its northernmost border. It was a beautiful place, though it’s name could never be found in any map.”

He smiled for a second as he recalled the past. Though such days are long gone, the village and its people reduced to nothing but dust now. He shook his head before such memories could become overwhelming. Now is definitely not the time. He pulled down his helm’s face plate, covering his face once again now that he was finished eating.

“I’m not taking any chances. I feel naked without my armor.”

Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 11 (+0) | Cha: 16 (+3)

"I plan to travel around a bit after the funeral," Mery tells Artanis.  "That's thanks to Ispin's influence.  Other than the ship ride I took to get here, it'll be my first time traveling on my own, so I'm a little nervous about it, since I'm not quite the warrior you are.  But I want to write a book one day, a book about something that matters, and Ispin thought that seeing the world would be a good foundation for that.  So I guess I owe him for that, too."  Her voice softens as she talks about her desire to write a book, almost like she's letting Artanis in on a secret about herself.  This knight has a gentle manner, but will he think my dream is foolish?  

"As for Becklin, Yalme mentioned she lives in an abandoned watchtower somewhere here in town.  I didn't see it on my way in, but I was pretty focused on getting here and not really looking around.  I assume she'll be at the funeral, since she sent us our letters about Ispin's death, or at least, she did mine, and Yalme mentioned they were friends.  But if she's important to you and there's time, maybe you could drop by before the funeral."  Her tone makes it clear the idea is only a suggestion and Artanis is free to take it or not, as he sees fit.

Hearing Emil speak up, she asks him, "What was the name of your village?  If it was your home, it was surely an important place to you, regardless of whether it appears on any map, and there is no shame in that." 

OOC

Edited post to reflect Becklin as female following confirmation of that fact.

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Game McHolyGrail IIIModri

Hill Dwarf Outlander Wild Magic Barbarian

AC: 16 (+1Dex + 3Con + 2Shield ) | HP: 18/18 (1d12+3+2+1) | Speed: 25 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 10
Str: 16 (+3) | Dex: 13 (+1) | Con:16 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Dwarvish, Elvish

Modri smiles at Hunni. No few Dwarf would stick up their nose at a Gully, but Modri's issues are with their Mountain kin. He rolls his sleeves up to show a bit more of his tattoos, and from this distance, Hunni can see no few scars as well. "None say boar, but there's plenty of words that match a boar. Fierce. Hardy."

His smile remains, but there's a shift. He leans a bit closer and his voice lowers for the first time he stepped into the establishment. "Nothing magic to my markings... yet." There's a weight to the last word, with a sincerity bordering on preaching. "Just got it all finished, and any day now expect something to happen. Can't tell you what, but it'll be sure to be a sight to see."

Modri leans back. "And you? Ispin had good taste in friends, I should know. If not pigs, what's your battle of choice?" 

OOC

-

token1.png.1f361b5b69f15cd7a9ff716bb787caee.pngHunni Collic

Gully Dwarf Mage of High Sorcery Hexblade Warlock

Hunni shrugged to Merry.  "My clan made lots of stew.  It was pretty much all we ate.  It had rats, and mushrooms, and bark, and snails, and spices, roots, flowers, anything else edible, really.  Meat was anything dead, or nearly dead, that we could get into the pot.  Master Wyren never had stew, but I guess Talls make it differently."  She ate the last of her portion happily, smacking her lips.  "Good stew, all the same."

The tiny warlock seemed more than a little distracted, though, examining the barbarian's tattoos.  "No magic, but they don't look like paint."  She rubbed at his arm.  "Doesn't come off.  Magic."

Human Knight of Solamnia 

"Well I can't say I ever had the time for books growing up, nor my family the coin," Artanis shares, 'aside from that children's picture book on the Legends of Solamina' he remembers a little embarrassed, 'but Mery probably means something a little more cultured than that if she's been to the Great Library'  "I certainly agree with what Spin told you there though, you need to get out there yourself to find something worthwhile - I can't see what value those Aesthetics offer rehashing the same things again and again."  

Having finished his meal, Artanis stands to clear his plate. He was raised to contribute not be waited upon, especially as the youngest of his brother's and sisters. He makes his way to the back, and seeing Yalme off dealing with something else, slips inside the kitchen to leave his bowl by the sink. "Sorry for interrupting, I hope you don't think me rude. Old habits die hard - can't leave dirty plates sitting around," he apologises to the owner with a smile.

Heading back to the table he places a hand on his fellow knights shoulder in a gesture of companionship, "Fair enough, I was proud of my colours when I first earned them too - still am to be clear," he laughs. "Though I hope you don't intend to sleep in it too, that gets uncomfortable quickly, and I'm talking from experience. But maybe you're hardier than I am."

Turning to the strangely painted elf Artanis agrees "Definitely speaks well of him to have touched so many lives." He wouldn't be so rude as to inquire of her provenance - his etiquette training from Ser Brightblade having changed that, but it's clear he's not quite sure how to place her. "What about you Lisette? Where did you meet him?"

OOC

@astronavigatrix Your portrait is showing as a little questionmark for me too - and I'm seeing everyone elses fine, so maybe an image hosting issue? I'm far from an expert though. EDIT:// It seems to link up to the imgur image just fine when I click on it though, and seems to display properly on the template in your application thread? So no idea. Its the same on mobile or laptop, browsers chrome and safari respectively.

@tbgg Yeah, I couldn't find a referenced gender either, but plumped for female as it sounded more that way to me! Hopefully Rin can clarify and we'll just assume everyone used the correct pronouns.

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)

The Vengeful Knight

"Lay on Hands": 5/5 | "Divine Sense": 3/3 | Precise Strike: 2/2 |  Spell SlotsPlaceholder until level 2

“It had no name. It was always just ‘home’ to me.”

He spoke truthfully. When Emil first joined the knights, he had a hard time convincing the order that his home existed, to the point of bringing an officer with him to his home to prove it. Even then, it seemed nobody bothered to give it a name, perhaps it simply didn’t matter to most people, save for Emil himself. His melancholy was interrupted by Artanis placing a hand on his shoulder. He calmly took hold of his fellow knight’s forearm and gently moved it off of his shoulder.

“Better uncomfortable than unprepared.”

spacer.pngMeryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Mery opens her mouth to tell Artanis about why history matters as well as the value of what the Aesthetics do when the young knight suddenly rises and takes his dishes into the kitchen, so she closes it again.  This should probably be a private conversation, anyway, and there are others I should speak to.  And I should think about the best way to explain everything, too.  See if I can figure out how to put it in a way he can relate to.

When Artanis returns and puts a friendly hand on Emil's shoulder and the second knight removes it, she frowns slightly.  Emil is a riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a mystery.  There is a story there, but I suspect it will not be easily learned, and probably not in front of so many strangers. Perhaps he would be more at ease in private conversation.  One question does strike her as worth asking right now, though. "Tell me, Sir Emil, do you know of a particular threat that we should all be aware of, or is it simply a preference of yours to be prepared for battle at all times?"

She tells Hunni, "What you say is true.  We Talls do not really care to eat rat, although I suppose if times were desperate and food was scarce, we might eat it.  I am glad you are enjoying our kind of stew.  It is good.  Among your people, or even just for you personally, what spices do you like?  Personally, I'm a big fan of basil."

Then, remembering that Katlina had mentioned seeking out Cook's Utensils, Mery asks the Kender, "Or you for that matter?  What spices do the Kender commonly use in cooking?"

She tells Modri, "I am afraid I have never hunted in the way you speak of, as when I hunt, I tend to seek answers, but I can do some small magics, and I think I understand your excitement about seeing what your markings will do.  If we are all together when you find out, I hope you will show us.  Perhaps I will even buy you a drink to celebrate, if you would accept that."  She feels a little funny offering to buy the Dwarf a drink, but it was something he seemed to appreciate and she hopes he will be able to take it as a gesture of simple friendliness on her part.

She isn't quite sure what to make of Lisette.  She appears Elven, but something about her seems otherworldly beyond even the otherworldliness of ordinary Elves, even though I can't say what exactly is giving me that impression.  Then again, it's not like I'm an expert on ordinary Elves.  Echoing Artanis' question, she says to her, "Yes, I would be quite interested to hear how you met Ispin and if/how he has influenced you.  Also, where do you hail from originally?" Perhaps there would be a clue in the woman's origins.

I have not spoken to Coltan in a bit.  I will get back to him, that I swear.  But in the next round of conversation!

OOC

@PureChance I finally found some confirmation that Becklin is, in fact, female, so I'll go back and fix my post.  Glad to have that little mystery cleared up!

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Game McHolyGrail IIIModri

Hill Dwarf Outlander Wild Magic Barbarian

AC: 16 (+1Dex + 3Con + 2Shield ) | HP: 18/18 (1d12+3+2+1) | Speed: 25 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 10
Str: 16 (+3) | Dex: 13 (+1) | Con:16 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Dwarvish, Elvish

Modri turns his head to one side for a moment when Hunni comments on what she thinks is 'magic'. Not the sharpest rock, this one. 

Still, he smiles bigger. "Aye, magic they are. Maybe a magic you can have to, if'n there's ever something you want that don't come off."

It's at that point Modri stops to listen to the other conversations. Starts to get an initial impression of more than just Artanis and Hunni.

A dour man, the one fully armed and armored. Not wrong though, not wrong at all.

Kender... knack for finding trouble without trying. Makes me jealous.

The colorful lady... not a common sight in this village... or at all...

Meryelle almost catches Modri off guard, lost in thought. He responds to her in Elvish. "Not one to turn down a drink, especially not someone Ispin took kindly too." With a nod, Modri slips over to Coltan.

There's a look of recognition in his eyes, not as someone who knows Coltan personally, but as a fellow Hill Dwarf. He changes his speech to Dwarvish. "Humans. The good ones don't live long enough, do they?" 

OOC

-

The Vengeful Knight

"..."

Emil held in the urge to simply say that dragons could swoop down from the skies at any minute. He knew better. Knowledge of the dragons and their ilk were commonplace, especially to people as well travelled as these. He need not remind these people of them, nor should he sour the mood further by going on a tirade about them.

"Even in a town as peaceful as this, trouble could brew. Madame Grovegust did say she was harassed by some people, no?"

He shot the Kender a quick glance before looking down on the table once more. Their presence pretty much verified his slight paranoia, which he was glad about.

token_1.png.ba18d35c074c2d2a05b1e13a8e573631.pngDecimus - Initiate of High Sorcery | Bladesinger Wizard | Human

AC: 13 | HP: 8/8 | Speed: 30 ft | Spell-casting: +5 / DC 13
Senses: Passive Perception 12, Insight 12, Investigation 15
STR: Score: -1
Athletics: -1
| DEXScore: +3
Acrobatics: +3
Stealth: +3
Sleight of Hand: +3
:
 16 | CONScore: 214 | INTScore: +3
Arcana: +5
History: +5
Investigation: +5
Nature: +3
Religion: +5
:
 16 | WISScore: 0

Animal Handling: 0
Insight: +2
Medicine: 0
Perception: +2
Survival: 0
:
 10 | CHAScore: -1

Deception: -1
Intimidation: -1
Performance: -1
Persuasion: -1
:

Languages: Common, Abyssal, Celestial, Primordial

FeatsWar Caster | Cantrips Blade Ward
Booming Blade
Green-Flame Blade
| Level 1Expeditious Retreat
Magic Missile
Tensors Floating Disk
Tash's Hideous Laughter
Identify
Detect Magic
Comprehend Languages
Shield

His nose wrinkled as a soft poke in his side disturbed his peaceful sleep, and for a moment he was suspended between slumber and the waking world, unsure which was which.  A harder poke pressed against his ribs and he blearily opened his eyes, seeing the straw of his sakkat covering his face, and becoming more attuned to the sounds of the world around him.  He grumbled, feeling the asymmetrical movement of the cart rocking him gently as it trundled slowly down the road towards their destination.  Slowly, his hand came up and slid the hat from off of his face, and he squinted as the bright daylight blinded his one good eye.  The child of the farmer who had been generous enough to offer him a ride had poked him twice already, and looked to be readying herself for a third when he gave her a mischievous look, a twinkle in his eye.  He swirled one hand for a moment while leaning on his other elbow to raise himself, holding his palm facing up, and used a slight amount of magic to send sparks flying, to which the young girl giggled and the farmer at the front of the cart realized he was awake.  

"Good of ye to rejoin us lad, we've landed in Vogler, we've got a bit further to go, but if yer looking for a more suitable place to lay yer head, the Brass Crab is where ye'll be"

Decimus tipped his hat and slid off the edge of the still moving cart, waving goodbye to the farmer and his daughter, smiling softly to himself at their kindness.  People from these small towns were wonderful.  Ispin had been a great example of one as well.  He sighed while he brushed straw and some dry dirt off his kimono, straightening it a little and letting his eye wander around the town.  Had he been awake on the way in, he would have been interested in studying that crumbling keep alongside the road, it was too far for him to see anything of note on it, and he was not about to walk all that way back just to satisfy a small curiosity.  The town itself was cute, small wooden buildings, thatch rooves, and stone chimneys breathing whisps of smoke into the air, testifying to who was home and who was out and about.  The only real thing of note was the incomplete stone bridge that loomed above the river like an ancient gargoyle.  It was beautifully masoned, and the wizard expected that if he had a closer look at the keep, that was the sort of refined and ancient work he would have been treated to.  The scars of The Cataclysm really could be found Krynn, and with the encroaching rumors of Dragons and armies, maybe generations from now, the scars of small towns like this will be all that exist for people to know they once lived and loved here.  He was getting sentimental again, quite soon he was sure to see some bad news in the stones.  

He meandered up to the door of the inn, it was larger than other buildings, with some actual brass holdings on it, giving its name some credence.  If he squinted his eye hard enough and really thought about it, the positioning of the windows, rounded shape, and the way the thatch fell over the walls, he could see an ugly old crab left out in the sun.  He liked it.  He pushed the door open with one hand and used the other to tip his sakkat back as he entered, no longer needing it to prevent the sun from blinding him.  The inside was just as full of character as the outside, featuring a remarkable (but faded) mural of crustaceous combat which he instantly fell in love with.  The host calls out as he enters, her usual spiel he expects, interrupting the service she goes through to make sure he knows what he needs to know.  A bed would be nice, but a bottle of wine would be nicer, and maybe, one of these other folk sharing the lodges would be so kind to share some stories.  His eye wandered.  Almost immediately he heard the Dwarf reference his old friend, and he smiled solemnly, it made sense, Ispin was the kind of man that could inspire legions, of course he had friends of all walks of life, especially considering there was a second Dwarf in here too.  He called out to the Dwarf conversing with the delicate looking Half-Elf, his voice low and steady, a baritone with a drawl.    

"Pardon my interruption my friend, as much as I share your pain of the passing of our dear Ispin, we all live long enough to do what we were destined to do, his time was due and I'm sure he made peace with it"  

He closed the door gently behind him, and walked further into the inn, taking in the rustic décor and getting better looks at the people who populated the place.  Thanking Yalme for her hospitality, but politely declining any drinks or food as of yet, he sat down by the hearth, he let the heat wash over him.  He was not cold, but a good, comfortable fire should be enjoyed, there was never the promise of another tomorrow these days.  

Edited by tyrtaeus (see edit history)

Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 10 (+0) | Cha: 16 (+3)

Mery finds her energies beginning to seriously lag.  My mother could interact with all of these people and walk away feeling energized, but I sure can't.  I'm feeling drained, and I don't seem to be making much headway getting people to talk to each other and push past that awkwardness there always is when you're trying to find common ground with people you do not know.  Or maybe they just don't rely on conversation as much as I do to find that common ground.  She finds it an interesting question, but one she currently lacks the energy to ponder further.

Offering Modri a smile, she responds to him, also in Elvish. 

Mery's Elvish

"Speaking my language is not necessary, but if you wish to practice it, I am happy to practice with you.  Do remind me about that drink if I should forget.  I try to never forget a promise like that, but do occasionally get distracted by other things."

She notes the stranger walking in, and gives him her best smile, although it is a little tremulous at this point.  "Welcome, friend.  You will find most of us are here for Ispin.  I hope you won't think it rude of me, but I am in desperate need of a bit of fresh air.  I want to assure you, though, my stepping out is is no way, shape, or form about you, and I hope you will feel welcome here.  I'm Mery, and I'd be happy to chat with you a bit later."

To the group at large, she announces, "I'll be back in a few minutes.  Any of you also in need of a bit of air are welcome to join me," and then steps outside and just to the side of the Brass Crab's main entrance, taking a few deep breaths and performing a few stretches to help get her blood flowing again.  It would be nice if at least one person chose to join me, but I suppose all I could really do is let it be known I am open to company.  Solitude is always nice, too, though, and I can at least look around a bit.

She then begins tuning into her senses, noting the ruined watchtower in the distance where Becklin Uth Viharin presumably lives, the faint cacophony of what sounds like a market somewhere to the south, and the not entirely pleasant smell of fish and the nearby river.  Satisfied that's probably as much as there is to take note of in Vogler short of actually leaving the Brass Crab and exploring the town, she closes her eyes and lifts her face to the sky, reveling in the feel of the warmth of the sun on her skin and continuing to breathe deeply.

Then, so softly as to just barely be audible, she begins to sing, her voice a sweet mezzo-soprano, the tune haunting, its mood melancholy:

🎵And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more 🎶
🎵 People talking without speaking,
People hearing without listening 🎶
🎵 People writing songs, that voices never shared
And no one dared 🎶
🎵 Disturb the sound of silence

She will immediately stop singing if anyone should choose to join her.

OOC

Mery will hang out here until either someone joins her or it becomes apparent that no one is going to.

Music credit: Paul Simon, Sound of Silence