Mad Ramblings

Just now, Malkavian Grin said:

We haven't started up yet, so nope! Here's what we've got for the moment. It looks like I'm going to run this in two groups (parallel universes). Please add your preference to what you think you can handle each week.

Posting preferences thus far:

• Multiple posts/week
  •  

This works. I have the pdf of the rules. I've played OSE and Basic D&D but not Mork Borg but I have the pdf. I haven't gamed on myth weavers etc in a while so I'd need help linking a sheet and character pic

Alright great!

Posting on BALDR is a bit different than OGMW, but in my opinion an worthy investment of time. Posts can actually be artistic! HTML/CSS is such a wonderful tool.

As far as the rules go, the PDF will get you familiar with the game, but I'm running with several of the optional rules so you'd do well to read up on that. It's easiest to start from Those, Cursed Few and Forlorn for character creation since I've changed that process.

If you need a character sheet, feel free to grab the example sheet (there are no actual character sheets in the system for this game), go to the bottom of the post, hit "Clone" and then select all and cut it. Then start a new thread and hit paste and it should spit it back out properly. (If it doesn't, let me know and I'll help so you don't have to mess with copying/pasting the source).

Based on this, I have enough to get at least the faster group up and going. I still need to hear from TOM (below) though to see what they prefer.

As for @Couch Potato Rex and @GaryD20 how do you feel about just the two of you? I could include an NPC for you to essentially soak up some damage in combat? Choomie would be joining you but ran into some IRL issues so they'll just be reading along for now. (this could change depending on what MrObsolete wishes to do)

Posting preferences thus far:

• Multiple posts/week
    • Dixi
    • Fletcher
    • XQbitor
    • Qstor
    • Vedast
  • Once/week
    • Couch Potato Rex
    • Garyd20
  • No word yet

Okay folks, this is it!

I'm going to be crafting up the beginning of our wicked little adventure over the next few hours. This will get our multiple posts/week group started.

I still need to sort out the slower group. Obsolete man hasn't been on in a week and has few posts (they may have bailed but it might just be IRL woes) and haven't heard from Rex in a little bit (have to double check if the character is done). Gary, we'll figure something out, I'm not gonna leave you hanging.

Going forward, you will have game-specific OOC chats. DO NOT DISCUSS THE SCENARIO IN THIS SHARED CHAT (please).

@Choomie @Couch Potato Rex I've added you both to the in-character thread so you can read along.

@GaryD20 Well, seems like we've got just you now in the 1/week group. How do you want to handle this? Want to go it alone with an NPC helper? Shall I try to shake some people out of various trees I have? I know going solo isn't fun for everyone.

Out of curiosity, what does it mean when the section is highlighted and underlined, but there appears to be no individual thread/post that is so marked? Invisible posts?

Those are private threads. I created 2 OOC threads and 2 IC threads for each of our two groups, since you're going through the same dungeon.

I recognize that it is annoying and I wish there was a better way. Fortunately there's a button you can push to clear this. It's at the top of the thread listings as "Mark forum as read" and will un-highlight any threads which you don't have access to.

image.png.cfd6a0fea587891406d905301c8af051.png

32 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Those are private threads. I created 2 OOC threads and 2 IC threads for each of our two groups, since you're going through the same dungeon.

I recognize that it is annoying and I wish there was a better way. Fortunately there's a button you can push to clear this. It's at the top of the thread listings as "Mark forum as read" and will un-highlight any threads which you don't have access to.

image.png.cfd6a0fea587891406d905301c8af051.png

👍

• 4 weeks later...