Spire Dormitory

hoverfrog

34 minutes ago, hoverfrog said:

You can find her easily enough. Sorry. I know you discussed it but I might have missed someone speaking to her in character.

How about you make the checks and then go and see her. You'll need to convince her to come along.

I think I'll wait to see what @Zen Gypsy posts before I say what Thandeka will do next.

23 hours ago, hoverfrog said:

You can find her easily enough. Sorry. I know you discussed it but I might have missed someone speaking to her in character.

How about you make the checks and then go and see her. You'll need to convince her to come along.

Well, how about if I post the checks here in this thread? Would that be okay? I'm really waiting for @Zen Gypsy to post before Thandeka does anything that would necessitate a roll. I'm guessing PERCEPTION (find Anchor Root), DIPLOMACY (Persuade her to join us), and NATURE (Recall knowledge re: gremlins) +2?

On 10/6/2023 at 2:48 PM, Zen Gypsy said:

I didn't think you were able to reroll failed Recall Knowledge checks? I got an 8 on my first attempt...

So RAW this is what the skill check says:

Sometimes a character might want to follow up on a check to Recall Knowledge, rolling another check to discover more information. After a success, further uses of Recall Knowledge can yield more information, but you should adjust the difficulty to be higher for each attempt. Once a character has attempted an incredibly hard check or failed a check, further attempts are fruitless—the character has recalled everything they know about the subject.

However, you've now got access to additional information, the library, so a reroll is possible. You couldn't remember anything about them but after consulting books on them, you are able to learn something useful. It is a material change to how you are recalling knowledge.

• 3 weeks later...

It has been very quiet here recently. Could you all please check in if you're still interested in this game. If you don't I'll assume you've dropped out and look for replacements. It is Sunday today so I think a reply by next Sunday is plenty of time. Thanks.