Spire Dormitory

hoverfrog

3 minutes ago, Steel Warrior said:

Too bad I don't know a lick of PF 2e. Might have to peruse Nethys.

I've just put up the character generation thread. AoN is good but for a complete novice I suggest using Pathbuilder 2e. Although the free archetype rules require the paid version you can use it to build your starting character and just add the feat to a myth-weavers sheet when you hit second level.

A little pregame IC is a good thing, provided it's not mandatory and we don't have like 30 applicants writing 1000 word descriptions of themselves entering such and such tavern. Can't see any reason not to have it if the GM likes the idea

1 hour ago, Zen Gypsy said:

Since Craft covers cooking, would it be reasonable to assume that Kaikara is helping in the kitchens?  Especially with so many new students showing up?

That would be fine by me.

Rule question re: Wild Shape, since it's such a core component of my overall concept.  The Polymorph trait is as follows:  

These effects transform the target into a new form. A target can't be under the effect of more than one polymorph effect at a time. If it comes under the effect of a second polymorph effect, the second polymorph effect attempts to counteract the first. If it succeeds, it takes effect, and if it fails, the spell has no effect on that target. Any Strikes specifically granted by a polymorph effect are magical. Unless otherwise stated, polymorph spells don't allow the target to take on the appearance of a specific individual creature, but rather just a generic creature of a general type or ancestry.

If you take on a battle form with a polymorph spell, the special statistics can be adjusted only by circumstance bonuses, status bonuses, and penalties. Unless otherwise noted, the battle form prevents you from casting spells, speaking, and using most manipulate actions that require hands. (If there's doubt about whether you can use an action, the GM decides.) Your gear is absorbed into you; the constant abilities of your gear still function, but you can't activate any items.

My question is, since Trip does not have the Manipulate trait, but *does* require a free hand, would I be able to use Trip, and by extension, Knockdown, in my Wild Shape form?  It seems reasonable, dogs can latch on and drag down with their jaws, and, hell, my housecat can trip me just by walking between my feet on the stairs ... lol ...

Edited by Zen Gypsy (see edit history)