Spire Dormitory

hoverfrog

18 hours ago, Zen Gypsy said:

Rule question re: Wild Shape, since it's such a core component of my overall concept.  The Polymorph trait is as follows:  

My question is, since Trip does not have the Manipulate trait, but *does* require a free hand, would I be able to use Trip, and by extension, Knockdown, in my Wild Shape form?  It seems reasonable, dogs can latch on and drag down with their jaws, and, hell, my housecat can trip me just by walking between my feet on the stairs ... lol ...

Trip does have the Attack trait and requires one free hand, mainly for game balance. So you can't be holding a potion in one hand and a weapon in the other and still trip someone. If you wild shaped into a wolf, you couldn't trip someone if you were holding something in your mouth. I'm happy for a wild shaped druid to use their feats, including Knockdown, or their skills, subject to limitations of the form you've assumed. So you can make an athletics check to trip someone if you have an available way to attack but you can't use the Diplomacy skill to negotiate with a kobold because you have no way to communicate with them...unless you can think of a way of doing so. Nor could you use performance to play the piano with you paws.

To be honest, if a character were tied up and lying on the floor without a free hand and wanted to try tripping someone by flailing at them with their legs or rolling into them, I'd probably allow it with a penalty just because it seems like a cool thing to do. Rule of Cool wins.

6 hours ago, tyrtaeus said:

How do you feel about guns @Hoverfrog?

In general I believe that there should be strict laws controlling access to firearms, 😉 or at least to ammunition.

In Pathfinder, I'm fine with people using them as long as they are proficient.

So happy to be here!  Quick question, did we want to set up a Discord channel for OOC banter between GM and players, or are we fine just using the OOC forums?  Whichever folks would prefer, I am just so used to quick notifications and such on away notices and what have you, through Discord, so figured I would suggest it here.

Very excited for this opportunity to bring Lily "to life" so to speak, pun regarding her ancestry definitely intended there. Thanks for the invitation!

I'm fine with Discord, or any other online tool / application that helps if the DM is interested in using it. I'm also fine with simply using MW all by its lonesome. 😄

Cool, how does everyone else feel about Discord or sticking to MW alone?

I do have a Discord server set up but it is much neglected. I could either start one just for this game or try to breathe life into the old channel.

Let me know if you are wanting to do discord. Put it here and ill join.

I am really looking forward to playing this game. Been a super long time since I was a player. Forever GM here. A few things to note about me though:

• I have been doing tabletop roleplaying games for over a decade with lots of systems.
  • I am fairly new to Myth-Weavers and just a little baby when it comes to using Baldr. I will most like be asking derpy how to questions. They will become less frequent as time goes on.
  • I am also new with Pathfinder 2e and I have read up on it semi extensively. Ill also start with derp questions that will fall off over time.

Also for posting format I might steal someone's. Any volunteers or @hoverfrog is there a specific one you want me to use? (The derpy questions have begun)

OOC, I only have the PF2e Core Rulebook, but I'm thinking about buying some other resource material. Would Pathfinder Lost Omens: The Mwangi Expanse and Pathfinder Chronicles: Gods & Magic be permitted of players to use?