Spire Dormitory

hoverfrog

2 hours ago, The Foiler said:

Would a Recall Knowledge: Occultism check be appropriate for the jawbone, or is that like a Society thing? I'm guessing Anchor Root's traditions wouldn't fall under my Lore (Magaambya) or Esoteric Lore umbrellas (unless the jawbone is haunted, then that's Esoteric Lore).

PF2e's skill system is pretty flexible and I'm a pretty flexible GM. If you can justify your use of a skill narratively then I'll probably allow it. I mean, if a druid can identify magic items with Nature while a wizard uses Arcana then why not?

The Redridge clan is several weeks’ travel south-west from the Magaambya so Lore (Magaambya) is probably out unless you know of some direct connection between the two. Esoteric Lore, Occultism, and Society could cover it though.

@hoverfrog Would it be acceptable for Lilly to take the symbol of the Pursed Lips but instead of Message gain Musical Accompaniment? 😉

Edit: To be clear she doesn't have Message, I just like the idea of Musical Accompaniment for her as a more "fitting" selection.

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Ryfte said:

@hoverfrog Would it be acceptable for Lilly to take the symbol of the Pursed Lips but instead of Message gain Musical Accompaniment? 😉

Edit: To be clear she doesn't have Message, I just like the idea of Musical Accompaniment for her as a more "fitting" selection.

Yes, I like that. If anyone else has a particular desire for a (non offensive) cantrip that is different to those listed, just ask. It is just for one level and then, presumably, you'll take the same cantrip when you get your free wizard or druid archetype.

I'm tempted by shield (as a fighter who uses a two handed weapon), but it's not on the druid list, for when I hit 2nd, so it doesn't make sense.  Sadly I didn't take human, so I can't snag Adapted Cantrip or anything.  It'd be weird to have access to an arcane one then shift to primal, so maybe I will just take the stabilize one.

As for XP tracking, I am much more comfortable with leveling by Milestone, most of the PF2E AP's include a base level track, players should be x level by y chapter, so I am ok with that.  Less accounting, and effort, both on our part, and easier for you, our illustrious GM.