Spire Dormitory

hoverfrog

I tend to use Pathbuilder, and so half the time don't know the sources for what rules, feats, I am using in my builds.  However, I do have Lost Omens: Mwangi Expanse, and I don't remember it having a ton of mechanical stuff in it, other than some Mwangi-centric ancestries.  It is a huge asset to the Magaambyan setting for Strength of Thousands, I pulled a bunch of stuff about the Matanji orcs from that source book, so it is really great for getting us out of the euro-centric generic fantasy setting, and one of the things I love about Strength of Thousands.

14 hours ago, MinjaMan said:

Let me know if you are wanting to do discord. Put it here and ill join.

I am really looking forward to playing this game. Been a super long time since I was a player. Forever GM here. A few things to note about me though:

• I have been doing tabletop roleplaying games for over a decade with lots of systems.
  • I am fairly new to Myth-Weavers and just a little baby when it comes to using Baldr. I will most like be asking derpy how to questions. They will become less frequent as time goes on.
  • I am also new with Pathfinder 2e and I have read up on it semi extensively. Ill also start with derp questions that will fall off over time.

Also for posting format I might steal someone's. Any volunteers or @hoverfrog is there a specific one you want me to use? (The derpy questions have begun)

I'd prefer to keep conversations here, TBH. I tend to overlook Discord because I belong to a lot of groups there and I've turned off notifications to stop my phone pinging all day and all night.

I've been playing D&D since the red box days, dipping into other systems here and there, Traveller, Call of Cthulhu, Wild Talents, Serenity RPG, and others. I've been GMing nearly as long. Despite that I am fairly new to Pathfinder 2e, having had no real desire to change over from PF1e until recently. 

As for Baldr, I started playing here within the last year. If anyone wants a template I suggest checking out bwatford's posts on them and outright ripping them off. I have. As for what I prefer, a picture of some kind, some narrative, and actions given in a fieldset rather than a spoiler. I'm afraid I have an tendency to forget to look in spoilers. 

13 hours ago, MinjaMan said:

I don't see anywhere about where the orientation is being held what's the scene? I just want to be able to interact with that a little bit.

The location isn't that important but if you like then it can be outside the Spire Dormitory, under A1, the Soaring Spire.

12 hours ago, The Foiler said:

i would prefer to keep it all on the forums if we can, but I do have a Discord account, I just don't like all the phone notifications

I turned mine off, which is why I miss a lot on Discord. If you want to use Discord, I've set one up https://discord.gg/MjfAJpQF but we shouldn't rely on it. Keep things here, at least for the time being.

Hey guys I thought I could jump in on this game, but due to some extraordinary life events like my wife getting hit by a semi among other things I just can't keep up. Under normal circumstances I could. 

We can proceed by:

1. Alandri is late to class and I'll jump in with answering the orientation later when things calm down.
  2. You withdraw me from the game. (won't hurt my feelings if you choose this.)

So sorry guys I know we just started and I hate being flakey. Hope you understand. Either choice proceed without me.

I hope your wife is well after the collision. Take all the time you need. I'm fine with you starting late, @MinjaMan and thank you for letting us know. 

Speaking of absences, I'm away in London (where the streets are paved with gold) in the first week of May. I'll have my tablet and WiFi but I'm planning on visiting my old workplace and actually doing the tourist thing, which I never usually get the chance to do, so posting will be reduced for a few days.

I've made a new IC post. I'll be introducing a few NPCs, probably not all your dorm mates at once, and go through some basic tests that Teacher Ot will assess you on. There are a number of possible solutions to each test but feel free to be as creative as you like. There's no penalty for failing and it is supposed to introduce you to the idea of magic school more than anything else.

9 hours ago, artsmythe said:

@hoverfrog, may I assume that since Magaambya is in the southern hemisphere of Golarion and, therefore, the sun seems to travel from the northeast to the northwest?

Nantambu, where Magaambya is located is in the Northern Myangi Expanse. It is pretty much where the Tropic of Cancer would lie on Earth, roughly equivalent to Niger. The Vanji River, where Nantambu sits, corresponds roughly to the Niger River. So the sun appears to travel east to west, perhaps slightly to the south.

4 hours ago, MinjaMan said:

I think I somehow picked out the exact same text color as Lilly. I'll change it for next post.

Welcome, and Produce Flame would cover that first test nicely. 

Personalised colours are a matter of preference. I tend to use black for NPCs, sometimes different fonts and colours for unusual monsters like demon lords or powerful undead. There's not real issue with two people having the same colour text unless you'd prefer not to.