Spire Dormitory

hoverfrog

4 hours ago, MinjaMan said:

I rolled on my post for the occultism...... Honestly you can just ignore it.

A natural 1 turns your failure into a critical failure. Nah, you just don't learn anything really.

As a party you don't have a lot of Occultism knowledge really. I hope it doesn't come up too often in magic school. 😉

@hoverfrog, with a result of 16 on her Nature check, does Thandeka recall anything about the tiny spike on the snake's tail? If not, will she have to roll again? Is the spike that she notices as result of her Perception result seem artificial or natural to the snake?

Edited by artsmythe (see edit history)

10 hours ago, artsmythe said:

@hoverfrog, with a result of 16 on her Nature check, does Thandeka recall anything about the tiny spike on the snake's tail? If not, will she have to roll again? Is the spike that she notices as result of her Perception result seem artificial or natural to the snake?

It seems natural (for a magical world), some sort of random mutation probably. No need to roll again.

On 4/19/2023 at 4:22 AM, Ryfte said:

I've been literally offline for a week... my covid (which has been hovering about our house for a month) finally kicked my butt and saddled me with a sinus infection, double ear infection, and bronchitis all at once, lol. I've been camped out on my office couch drugged to the gills and mostly unconscious for the better part of the entire week!

I'm quite literally just coming back online as of this evening.

Also, I'll be catching up here and in my other threads over the next 24 hours. Thanks for your patience everyone!

Cheers!

~ Ryfte

Knowing how Covid can hit you hard even when you're testing negative again, I thought I'd check in and see how you're doing.

I caught up, backread the thread yesterday.

Posted in a few threads here and will pick my posting up for this one over the weekend.

I have that really irritating dry itchy cough that seems to stick around in most adults for up to a year. Along with the fatigue. Despite technically no longer having it, lol.

I consider myself lucky I haven't gotten it (or if I ever did I was asymptomatic and didn't know it). My wife and older kid had it twice and the younger one got it once, but despite living in a small apartment and continuing to sleep in bed with my wife the whole time I have skated by so far.

Hope you get back to normal physically sooner than later. My daughter had the dulled sense of smell for months and my wife experienced the lasting fatigue pretty bad for a while.

My wife and I are both exceedingly fatigued and I don't know about her but my headspace is just not all there either. My days are seriously blurred together... although part of that is having a backlog of 3 weeks of work to get caught up on as quickly as possible too. 😄

Hopefully you make a full recover Ryfte, just take it easy until you do!

Also, quick question, is Anchor Root male or female?  Or non-binary?  They've been referred to as both he & she so I just want to clarify.

2 hours ago, Zen Gypsy said:

Hopefully you make a full recover Ryfte, just take it easy until you do!

Also, quick question, is Anchor Root male or female?  Or non-binary?  They've been referred to as both he & she so I just want to clarify.

Anchor Root is female. I'll go and correct any mistakes I've made.

Would a Recall Knowledge: Occultism check be appropriate for the jawbone, or is that like a Society thing? I'm guessing Anchor Root's traditions wouldn't fall under my Lore (Magaambya) or Esoteric Lore umbrellas (unless the jawbone is haunted, then that's Esoteric Lore).