Simple drop off off or is it...

wrathgon

Searching the darker side of the web on the station you find just a simple post " Drop off nearby system 100k payout meet here." which is about 8 hours at sublight speed on a moon in a nearby system with 3 planets in it, 2 gas giants and a planet so close to the star nothing you know could land on it.

(if both are going you need to find a way to fit both of you in Jake fighter or ask to borrow Necro or shutter from the party)

Following the location it has you land on one of the moons of the gas giant in a cater half the size of the earth. Another battleship of unknown design sits powered down and no movement or power comes from it. How do you approach and what do you land or msg ship? 

• 3 weeks later...

"So it's a 100K job! ,i was presuming since i was helping i'd be getting 50K and The Capt wants 25K"

'Jake any chance of negotiating a bump in the price for the job?"

"Do you have any idea what the job is,or just a blind drop?"

(Kartesh would offer Leadership to Jake doing a sense motive check,but if there was any need for diplomacy he would do the talking)

After getting permission from the captain and finding that Kartesh was interested in the job he flies the Necro to the coordinates given. He lands in a spot the he felt was defensible if things went sideways. He then tried to open communications to the battleship.  This is Jake, pilot of the Necro. We received a job posting that said to meet here, are you the ones who posted this job?

You see the ship port airlock open in response to you msg.

Putting the ship on the cloak and locking the controls you jump out with your vac suit. Its only a 100-metre dash.

As you get closer you clock power downed point defense lasers around the airlock. With the only choice you have, you enter the airlock which closes behind you. You wait till the inner door opens where a humanoid droid greets you. He seems unconcerned with any visible weapons. A short walk down 2 halls in the steel grated hallway that stretches 15 feet up, gives you an idea of the size of the aliens that walk these halls. 

The bridge seems to on the right side of the ship oddly placed you think. When the robot gets to the command door it opens by falling into the floor. 

What greets you in the 5 seat bridge sitting in what can only be the captain chair is what you would have to describe as a huge-size bug.

It makes some clicking sounds which a computer voice translates into English, close enough for you to understand.

" Yes I am a poster for the job. You have not seen ship can pay more for extra work you like? Me people at war with tech-heavy invaders. We need to kill tech. Star harvest from Nexus station(takes you a min to realize speaking about Capital) our plan no good for the harvester but people need it gone. two job 1 sends solar missile to the base to launch from the base, causing all tech in the system to die, including the harvester. 100k. You want more 250k launch weapons at star big danger bug big reward. Nexus no be happy though danger if find out you do this. Your choice. "

Mantis Man, Sarah Ireland

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

At the meeting Kartesh will act like at the Auction as a Diplomatic voice or advisor to Jake and act initially as the primary then fall back to a secondary role,backing him up with advice and leadership.

He upon entering remains Aware and uses his Intuition on the situation and Empathy upon the creature to gauge the creatures ???? whilst he speaks sensing his motives and if they the is anything deceptive behind them.

Once he has a gauge on him using his empathy again diplomatically he steps a few feet forward of Jake non threateningly and states the following,after observing them for at least a minute whilst he speaks.

"Noble !" he pauses..."We appologise for our miscomings!, but we do not know who you are ,by name or by race,or by faction you serve!

"We do not know of your War with the Heavy Tech invaders as you call them! if you are referring to the Owners and occupants of Capital Station."

"We do not know of your knowledge of value of currency,but i believe if i would converse with my Master,that he would agree that such a task,involving such an extreme risk of discovery,danger,and persecution after the fact most likely for the rest of our lives,not to mention that the act would kills millions of people, would warrant a substantial raise in your offer, i would wager of at least a million credits if not more."

"We hope this doesn't offend or anger you,and we sincerely appologise if we have,but we please ask you take this into consideration."

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)
Name
Leadership Diplomacy check for Jake's Know Tech Check
1d20+12 2
Empathy check on Creature for Sense Motive
1d20+15 13
Empathy Check on creature for opening Diplomacy
1d20+12 16
Aware Listen check
1d20+18 17
Aware spot check
1d20+12 12
Intuition check
1d20+9 5
Leadership Diplomacy check for Jake IF we need to use Bluff
1d20+12 20
Empathy check on creature after Kartesh speech for Diplomacy in case of offense.
1d20+12 7
Leadership check on Know Tech Appraisal for Jake to estimate true cost of what they want done
1d20+12 4

The air fills with clicks as the computer translates your words. It cocks its head and clicks replies. As you wait for the translation you look around the bridge. The sit he sits in does not fit one of his race, and the other chairs are just the same. This is not a ship made for his race. "We are the Thi-Keen Ri and my race is the Thi-Keen. Unclear what a faction is, I serve my people to save them." He seems just as he is worried about his people and not hostile towards you. Also a great sadness when speak about his people. 

"I sense your feelings and sincerity!,but also as a person of Diplomacy,perhaps with the payment you offer,perhaps we can try and negotiate some mutual agreement to safe guard your people and those you deem the Heavy Tech Invaders."

"If you could tell or show us where you come from? and how you got here? as it would appear this ship is not suited to your physiology,we could investigate who is responsible and try and bring about a peace,rather then resorting to heavy loss of life on both sides"