Simple drop off off or is it...

wrathgon

He brings up a image of something you know very well: Meklars you met in the auction, cold and calculating, this plan may be the best way to deal with them. " If only you have offered this many months ago, but now they are at our birthing chambers within the week and this only plan we have to launch counter offensive. We cannot risk waiting to open talks with these machines to try to stop them. We need to act now, if do not want this job please leave so others can take it. "   

Meklar2016.webp

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

Jake listens to the back and forth between the Alien and Kartesh. He gives the alien a sad understanding look. I feel for the plight of your people, however we will need to think about your request as, at least to me it feels like we are just swapping out the genecide of your people with the mass murder of their people, as well as potentially many innocent bystanders. We need to better understand what the consequences will be if we do this and what that will be worth. This is not to say we will not take your job but as Kartesh says it's something that even without the moral issues would be of considerable personal risk for us and our crew and 100K would not come close to compensating for it.

He looks over at Kartesh, giving him a look. Speaking to him in a low voice What are your thoughts?

Kartesh stretches his mind back trying to recall the name of the faction leader at the Auction.

"I have negotiated with Overseer CB ??? before

"I would understand your reluctance to tell us,since you fear their destruction,but where are these birthing chambers being effected? and is there anything else we could possibly do"

"We could try and negotiate with them on your behalf".

""If not i will consult with my Master and we shall decide whether to take up your offer or decline,we bear no harm or malice with your people and would respect if we do decline that on the good faith that we came here,we would also expect to leave safely.""

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)

" The chambers are the end landing point and where the resources are that these men of metal want and have been killing us for. " he turns to daris " i do not ask you to fight our battle but if want the 100k a simple drop off mission to our base, gett through the patrols should be easy with your ship. They will defeat last of the defenders within 7 days maybe sooner" 

Looking at the base location on The View screen the Dyson Sphere that they're going to destroy is not Capital itself but one of the many  dysan sphere in nearby systems that collects power and sends it back to the station for its massive power consumption. Its a unmanned power station.

"'Noble Thi Keen ! please allow me to consult with my Master"

he withdraws to speak with some privacy to Jake.

Saying ""Well this is some serious situation we have ourselves in here.!"

"If they are telling the truth,if we do nothing,the Meklar will destroy their birthing chambers""

""But what will the loss of a Dyson sphere do to Capital? Would it still kill people due to power loss?""

he offers Jake his Leadership asking Jake to assess the consequences with his knowledge of technology.

he also offers his Leadership to appraise the battleship the Thi Keen possess..for the possibility of offering the Meklar the ship for them to leave the Thi Keen alone.

""Or could we suggest a potential relocation of their race,if they weren't attached to the planet ""

Based on what he is trying to say, the resource that they are collecting their race needs to either birth their children or keep the eggs in the resource until ready to hatch. That is the reason for their endpoint at the birthing pools, they both need the resources, one for themselves, the other to bring new babies into the world.

Kartesh says "So if my understanding is correct . you are both requiring a particular resource"

"May i enquire how long your children require in this resource to be able to survive until full term?"

"Do you younglings require the resource in it's natural state? or if we were to negotiate a trade deal to buy the resource off the Meklar.ensuring the resource required for your birthing chambers"

"Do you know the name of the resource in question!"

The creature in front of you turns red and slams down one of his many fists. A force field appears around Kar Tesh and the clicks are fast and full of emotion. The computer voice does not accurately portray the emotion of the creature in front of you.   " This is our home, our world, i am not begging with invaders, we will destroy them with or without you. Now you came here for the job, so i accept you WILL help me." It points to Jake "Quiet one you fly me to the base to drop off my weapon to my people, you chatting one stay here till we get back, i set a timer if i do not send msg to update will crush you inside that cage stops your friend here from betraying me. Lets go NOW. " Laser Turrets drop down and target Jake waiting for his response to the demand. 

Suddenly surrounded by a force field the general tone of Kartesh shifts slightly from one of sympathy to one of pity.

He says "I strongly discourage this course of action Noble Thi Keen!, I know you are in a desperate situation,but there are other ways..."'

"The race invading your world are known as the Meklar,They are but one race that dwell on the Station,that is powered by the sphere you seek to destroy""

""We personal saw what the People who run the station did to a planet that ,did an act that merely cost them money,and they sent a fleet of ships to wipe them out,and wipe them out they did."

""What do you think they would do to someone that openly destroys something majorly substantial to them!""

""If you force my Master to act,sure it may cost my life if he refuses,but i am 1000% certain,your actions if they werent desperate enough,would potentially send you into extinction.""

""So i strongly advise you to put aside your emotions and act like them,allow us to negotiate on your behalf or be it on your own head the consquences of your own actions.""

Name
Diplomacy roll to either calm them down and make them see sense
1d20+12 19
Knowledge:Behavioural Sciences
1d20+8 8

Jake raises an eyebrow in the change in situation but otherwise remains calm.  I know you feel like you own this situation, but what makes you think threatening my companion would actually get me to do anything.  At the end of the day he is just one being, and you threaten to harm much more with your acts.  I understand your need, and even empathize with it.  If there was a way to just harm the Meklar I would be all over it.  So if you wish to kill my companion and even me, that is still just two deaths compared to millions.  Now if instead you would like to take a moment and think rationally perhaps we can come up with a plan that helps you, but will not harm innocent civilians.  Like I said before I personally do not care if the Meklar are harmed so if we can do something that makes them stop harming your young then lets do that.

Name
Bluff
1d20+10 6
Technology to devise ways to harm Meklar
1d20+14 15

The clicks stay heated "Millions of death of who, you worry about these killers, they have already killed millions of my people! Our offspring are our only hope and you want to take that away from us, NO you will help me or you and your friend will die! I will find others to take my credits who are not on the side of our attackers!" Despite the words, he does not make any more hostile moves that you can see at least 

To be honest, a massive solar flare is the best way to deal with them, it will fry their tech, and even if it's protected it will have massive effects on their bodies and equipment that will give them a good chance of a counter-attack to work.