OOC - Kingdom Squad

55 minutes ago, WolfBirch said:

I don't know Rwby. I was just trying to spell something.

Leader is first initial... The order of the rest isn't consequential

@SMARTAgentKC did I read that right and we can scoop up uncommon magic items? Because a list of things come to mind pretty quickly. Moon sickle, bracers of archery, bag of holding...

Did we unintentionally end up splitting along the lines of Princess Academy membership or not? Wait, did Merida attend the academy? I can't remember.

She did attend the academy, I'm pretty sure that Mulan did too at some point, but I could be mistaken.

I'm also the only one brazen enough to just park my horse outside

Edit: Mulan wasn't in game, but previous player was a Mulan fangirl monk. So it may be cannon that Mulan attended the school.

Merlin coughed "as I was saying, magic tutoring is available to all in the kingdom squad, just approach the book and Archimedes and my two assistants will help you and if you have any magical item requests," he summoned his carpetbag with a poof "I have almost any common and uncommon ranked magical item or potion available just let me know what you are looking for."

Are there two separate stores? One for learning new spells/cantrips, and a different one for magic items?

Is the price for cantrips the same regardless of whether it's on the class list or not?

I regret one of the magic item purchases I did earlier. Is it possible to retcon that purchase and free up gold for the spell research? Also, can I ask Merlin to sponsor my boat (100g)?

Edit: Is the test to learn a cross-class spell an ability check that I can apply Magical Guidance on? From Tasha's Cauldron of everything, page 66.

Edited by Ayeba (see edit history)

Lol it's now a race... We really did make much money on that last adventure. But we did get a pretty neat boon so... There's that.

I do have a couple questions. If you are a caster, do you still get the free daily cast?

I ran out of time to finish setting up the shops plus I need to reward Kronk and Merida for their efforts in chapter 2

@Rumrunner @Prehysterical

(I'm thinking 700 gp plus a mage stone for each [I'll explain what that does later] if you want a different reward speak now

~~~

For the kingdom squad I've been handing out some of the more commonly used magic items that have been useful for quests ( like goggles of night for a trip into a dwarf mine)

Cantrips are 30gp each in spell research

I'll allow a recton this time but the boat is on your dime (no sponsoring)

Yes you can use the sorcerer magical guidance feature to reroll the dice.

For spell learned by research you do not get a free daily cast

Again, 700g and a mage stone sounds fine to me... I'm just not sure what to spend the 700 on. I want to buy a level 2 spell, maybe a cantrip too...

How much is serpent scale armor?

So many spells I want! All of them! Seriously, it is so hard to choose...

Tactically, it might be wise to pick up Healing Word. There's not a lot of healing present on our side.

17 minutes ago, Ayeba said:

So many spells I want! All of them! Seriously, it is so hard to choose...

Tactically, it might be wise to pick up Healing Word. There's not a lot of healing present on our side.

True... It's a great spell, one of the best, bonus action to revive player is pretty clutch. Been looking for myself, but limited spell slots make for difficult choosing. I have 3 spells in mind, but then I have to trade off against magic items... Oh the choices!

@AyebaI may be willing to lend you money? Depending on awesomeness.

1 hour ago, Rumrunner said:

True... It's a great spell, one of the best, bonus action to revive player is pretty clutch. Been looking for myself, but limited spell slots make for difficult choosing. I have 3 spells in mind, but then I have to trade off against magic items... Oh the choices!

@AyebaI may be willing to lend you money? Depending on awesomeness.

Appreciated, but I can perfectly fine afford Healing Word + 2 more level of non-class spells. Or more of class spells.

What you can do is throw out suggestions on what I should get. My sheet, if you're interested. So far, I'm reasonably sure I want Guidance and Healing Word, and Absorb Elements won't hurt. Do you know of any other great 1st level spells in any class list that would be very useful? Entangle comes to mind.

I could also take staples like Invisibility and Enhance Ability from the sorcerer list.