OOC - Kingdom Squad

It has not been officially marked on how long it takes for a revival to occur nor if there are any other rules surrounding the phenomenon. Many especially the villains assume that they somehow cheated death at the end of their stories even if they recall the moment of their destruction or death by the hands of the heroes. Some even say that they miraculously recovered from a great fall or other injury that would have doomed a normal man or woman others say upon their death they shed their mortal coils and now just exist because their souls sought to keep living

15 minutes ago, WolfBirch said:

Eilonwy clearly wants to go after the cauldron and be part of group #1.

It is her story... Though it would be hilarious if she was all like "nooope, been there done that, let someone else deal with it this time."

4 minutes ago, Rumrunner said:

It is her story... Though it would be hilarious if she was all like "nooope, been there done that, let someone else deal with it this time."

Ha ha. That would be funny. But she has reasons for her choices here...

3 hours ago, SMARTAgentKC said:

It has not been officially marked on how long it takes for a revival to occur nor if there are any other rules surrounding the phenomenon. Many especially the villains assume that they somehow cheated death at the end of their stories even if they recall the moment of their destruction or death by the hands of the heroes. Some even say that they miraculously recovered from a great fall or other injury that would have doomed a normal man or woman others say upon their death they shed their mortal coils and now just exist because their souls sought to keep living

I immediately started thinking about all the practical implications for this. Like a messenger visiting another country delivering a message to the regent, and then killing themselves because it would be faster than going back. Or an army sent out to attack a foreign country, getting the message that their capital is under attack, leading to mass suicide.

5 hours ago, Rumrunner said:

So was Mor'du's spirit saved at the end of brave, is he no longer a villain? He was a power hungry prince/bear.

going by the original story, I would say he got redeemed in the end and desired to move on to the afterlife. I'd even argue he became a part of the wisps and helps provide Merida with some of her powers and magic especially one that boosts overall strength.

4 hours ago, Ayeba said:

I immediately started thinking about all the practical implications for this. Like a messenger visiting another country delivering a message to the regent, and then killing themselves because it would be faster than going back. Or an army sent out to attack a foreign country, getting the message that their capital is under attack, leading to mass suicide.

Hades: *puts hand on my shoulder* you see KC this is exactly what happens when you give mortals extra lives. They come up with some crazy stuff.
Me: *rolls eyes as he typing on his computer* and that's why I had the highly whispered rumor spread through various high ranking people's ears that the revival phenomenon has not been studied, is not guaranteed to work as desired, does not nullify the pain of death which is what most fear, and is not controlled by them but by something else out of their control, plus anything I don't want them to know about the whole process I'm not telling.
Hades: and you have mentioned how there are fates worse than death right.
Me: Duh... I would think that's a given
Hades: So when am I making my grand return into this game of yours
Me: *shows him a script file* does this work
Hades: *pulls out a pair of eyeglasses to study the screen* ah that's your plan. Well if you'll excuse me I'll go get ready for my debut *snickers as he strolls off*

49 minutes ago, SMARTAgentKC said:

Hades: *puts hand on my shoulder* you see KC this is exactly what happens when you give mortals extra lives. They come up with some crazy stuff.
Me: *rolls eyes as he typing on his computer* and that's why I had the highly whispered rumor spread through various high ranking people's ears that the revival phenomenon has not been studied, is not guaranteed to work as desired, does not nullify the pain of death which is what most fear, and is not controlled by them but by something else out of their control, plus anything I don't want them to know about the whole process I'm not telling.
Hades: and you have mentioned how there are fates worse than death right.
Me: Duh... I would think that's a given
Hades: So when am I making my grand return into this game of yours
Me: *shows him a script file* does this work
Hades: *pulls out a pair of eyeglasses to study the screen* ah that's your plan. Well if you'll excuse me I'll go get ready for my debut *snickers as he strolls off*

Excellent. Five out of five stars. Would read again.

Just to be clear, I was making a joke earlier. It is just too tempting to drag something to their logical extremes and see what happens.

As for your IC post:

Ursula hummed as she thought over Moana's questions. "Am I allowed to contribute, yes, will I... hmm... I might if I think if it is not enough of a challenge for you. but there will always be a way for you to complete the challenge. The Sundial is heavy enough that it will need someone to use two hands, a strong back or magic to carry it

I'm not sure exactly what she's trying to convey, but what I'm reading between the lines is: "You have to defeat me to get the Sundial." The logical response, from my perspective, is "In that case, I don't see a good reason to even try. Let's focus on the Cauldron, folks."

Do you want us to go after both, or can we decide to just go after the Cauldron?

Edit: it doesn't help that she has an artifact that can let her literally see the future, which pretty much deny us all opportunity for subterfuge. "Let me check which route they will take out. Oh yes, now I know exactly where to intercept them."

Edited by Ayeba (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Ayeba said:

As for your IC post:

I'm not sure exactly what she's trying to convey, but what I'm reading between the lines is: "You have to defeat me to get the Sundial." The logical response, from my perspective, is "In that case, I don't see a good reason to even try. Let's focus on the Cauldron, folks."

Do you want us to go after both, or can we decide to just go after the Cauldron?

Edit: it doesn't help that she has an artifact that can let her literally see the future, which pretty much deny us all opportunity for subterfuge. "Let me check which route they will take out. Oh yes, now I know exactly where to intercept them."

I think you're missing the part where Ursula having the sundial is bad and it's because of the sundials magic that we have the ability to try to get it now. We may not have this opportunity later.

This whole thing is about not letting villains have the sundial, and Ursula is a villain.

The cauldron is because it allows more villains to get access to the sundial. That's worse, barely.

We need to stop both.

2 hours ago, Rumrunner said:

I think you're missing the part where Ursula having the sundial is bad and it's because of the sundials magic that we have the ability to try to get it now. We may not have this opportunity later.

This whole thing is about not letting villains have the sundial, and Ursula is a villain.

The cauldron is because it allows more villains to get access to the sundial. That's worse, barely.

We need to stop both.

I guess I need to get into the "hero" headspace. It's not like Moana gave up in the movie just because the challenge seemed insurmountable. Imagine if every Disney film ended as soon as the main character faced a significant hurdle.

"No, Princess, you can't! It's too dangerous!"

"You're right. Let's just stay home."

"Oh... okay."

End of movie.

Edited by Ayeba (see edit history)

18 minutes ago, Ayeba said:

I guess I need to get into the "hero" headspace. It's not like Moana gave up in the movie just because the challenge seemed insurmountable. Imagine if every Disney film ended as soon as the main character faced a significant hurdle.

"No, Princess, you can't! It's too dangerous!"

"You're right. Let's just stay home."

"Oh... okay."

End of movie.

Exactly! :D

Honestly I think telling or even implying a princess she can't or shouldn't do something seems like the most sure fire way to get her to do just that, but glad you're on board. We have like four+ princesses, if Disney's taught me anything we should be able to take on at least 4 separate world saving adventures simultaneously, so 2 should be breezy.