OOC - Kingdom Squad

@Rumrunner @Prehysterical

Here's the data for the Mage Stone.

Mage Stone - Wonderous Item, Requires Attunement

A bright gemstone that is used as a source of magical power. While attuned to a mage stone, the mage stone can be used in replacement of spell slots to fuel magic spells or other abilities that use spell slots by consuming charges 1 charge per level of spell slot required. A mage stone has a max number of charges equal to the wielder's proficiency bonus times 2. As a bonus action, You can recharge a mage stone attuned by you by using a spell slot of your own restoring 1 charge per spell slot level used up to its max. A mage stone also regenerates 1d3+1 charges daily at dawn.

OOC, where did your characters study and train? Up until now, I've not read any backstories to preserve the notion that Mickey has never met any of you before. Where do the princesses learn magic? It seems that everybody, both on Team: Cauldron and Team: Sundial, know some magic. Do they teach magic in the Princess Academy? Do they only teach it in the Mage Towers but courses are open to royalty? Do the various spellcasters study together or do they have separate schools/programs for wizards, warlocks, sorcerers, paladins, druids, clerics, and bards?

1 hour ago, artsmythe said:

OOC, where did your characters study and train? Up until now, I've not read any backstories to preserve the notion that Mickey has never met any of you before. Where do the princesses learn magic? It seems that everybody, both on Team: Cauldron and Team: Sundial, know some magic. Do they teach magic in the Princess Academy? Do they only teach it in the Mage Towers but courses are open to royalty? Do the various spellcasters study together or do they have separate schools/programs for wizards, warlocks, sorcerers, paladins, druids, clerics, and bards?

Moana learned on her own during a two-year period between the end of the movie and 'now'. I took only water-related spells, or spells that could reasonably be explained with her connection to the water. I'm thinking of waiving that requirement a bit when learning from Archimedes, because... magic!

Eilonwy learned some magic from her family, but more studying at the Princess Academy. You would have to read the books to learn more about where she originally learned magic.

2 hours ago, Ayeba said:

Moana learned on her own during a two-year period between the end of the movie and 'now'. I took only water-related spells, or spells that could reasonably be explained with her connection to the water. I'm thinking of waiving that requirement a bit when learning from Archimedes, because... magic!

Upto you, but I like themed magic. I would vote stick to water related magic, but up to you. Perhaps you can flavor some other spells as water related, like make a healing spell use 'healing' water.

I think I saw THE BLACK CAULDRON when it first came out in movie theaters, and I don't remember much. I've never read any of THE CHRONICLES OF PRYDAIN series, either.

TBH, I've never seen THE EMPEROR'S NEW GROOVE or MOANA, for that matter. I have seen (and enjoyed) BRAVE, TANGLED, SLEEPING BEAUTY, and MULAN.

I'v read the chronicle- really underatted book series, which the disney film try to adapt very quickly.

Try to imagine a disney film about the whole LoTR trilogy in I dont know.

60 minutes?

---

Aurora had her blessings,but she has mastered her magic at the academy. I think

4 hours ago, WolfBirch said:

Eilonwy learned some magic from her family, but more studying at the Princess Academy. You would have to read the books to learn more about where she originally learned magic.

Upto you, but I like themed magic. I would vote stick to water related magic, but up to you. Perhaps you can flavor some other spells as water related, like make a healing spell use 'healing' water.

Lol healing word is throwing water in their face

6 hours ago, WolfBirch said:

Yeah, you're right. I'll stick to only spells that make sense thematically; that's the more entertaining approach.

Since I can't figure out how to make Guidance work with water flavor, I'll have to drop it. Maybe someone else can take it? For a mere 30g, it's an extremely good utility cantrip.

I'll probably try guidance then, think of it as a wisp thing. They did literally guide Merida throughout the movie.

Was thinking of trying find steed and maybe find familiar, I can't do rituals, but still. Angus is amazing and I've already been summoning the witch's crow with Summon beast.

I have too much competition for bonus actions, I may pull a magic item instead.

Looking at luck stone or bag of holding