Game Page Navigation Location Poll

Nav Menu Location Poll  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the nav menu on the top or the sidebar?

• Top Nav Menu
    • Sidebar Nav Menu (Top in mobile)

This poll is closed to new votes

I voted side bar, because i think it looks nice and clean but i DO have a question.

One of the good things about the sidebar is that it can be very long if it needs to be. What happens if the top bar is very long, like if you had 20 pages there, does it scroll, or does it compress?

Thanks Eric and Colin. I'd still like to see an example, but like I said for me I think the sidebar will always be the cleaner/more convenient format (on desktop at least, mobile's a different matter, but I haven't even checked out the site on mobile yet).

Another question, would it be possible for that to be a user-specific setting? Or is that too much work/trouble on the back end?

PigLick

Thanks Buchern! Yep, I definitely think I'd prefer the sidebar. Maybe it's just the nitpicky/OCD tendencies in me, but having those tabs up there with different widths and no borders/delineation just seems a bit jumbled and messy to me, plus screens have way more width than height to work with, so I'd rather have stuff like that on the side rather than have to scroll past it on every single subforum.