Adventure 2: Dwarfed by a phantom thief?

Kronk's calming words seemed to have an effect on all around.

Doc coughed slightly "well uh I thought maybe they are the ones who scared dopey..."

Grumpy growled "and even if they didn't they're ruining our mining equipment!"

The strange creatures on the other hand seemed to become attentive to the group and stopped trashing the equipment. A good look at the creatures showed that they had a vaguely humanoid shape with blue skin all over, but had large three prong silver claws, a diamond shaped head and red eyes shaped like a stylized v almost like it seemed to be an expression of sorrow. One of them seemed to size Kronk up the expression on its face unchanging.

The others also seem to do this and for the moment they aren't attacking but are watching the group like a bunch of smaller pack creatures

~~~

Merida and Yichan are up, it seems the enemy has paused due to Kronk's persuading. What do you want to do?

~~~

OOC: ignore the first one I didn't realize that I set it up to roll 100 percentile dice and set it to have success at 51 and above. it seemed to roll a 50:50 split

Name
Does it attack?
success(100d100,51,above,no,no) 48,22,65,76,93,41,46,79,47,61,89,40,89,11,93,57,17,24,42,32,90,2,77,20,100,90,49,80,48,9,95,69,42,20,52,20,11,50,30,10,13,26,1,66,49,65,2,82,77,86,64,53,53,95,40,37,84,5,33,68,71,68,10,60,47,55,92,10,1,43,80,59,86,77,80,19,86,67,31,5,5,9,13,25,61,46,99,96,89,89,22,54,62,43,1,51,25,69,10,54
does it attack
1d100 7

spacer.pngYichan Su | Variant Human Monk (Way of Open Hand) 6

AC 17 | HP 51/51 | Speed 55ft | PP 16 | Init +6 | Ki 6/6

Seeing the creatures pause, Yichan also stops. She raises her hands up and opens up her hands to show them that she has no weapons. She takes a few steps forward only and calmly asks: "Can you speak? Mind if you tell us what your business is here?"

However, noting the one that is sizing up Kronk she does not drop her guard. As she slowly approach, she tries to match a name to theses creatures, recalling any information she has gotten in the past in other people's mission reports.

Show OOC

Action: Dodge

Does it seem like they are blocking the entrance as well?

Edited by Xennone (see edit history)
Name
Nature
1d20 17

Yichan tries to draw upon knowledge based on reports of other people and for the likes of her can't put an image to a name. The creatures might look human but something about them seems quite off especially the head and red glowing eyes.

Kronk on the other hand could remember some things people used to talk about around him. He was not book smart but not everything he heard went in one ear and out the other and when he was in a group learning the religion of his empire he remembered a priest speaking of Supay the empire's version of the god of death and the race of fiends that the god employed and when the priest used shadows casted on the wall by a fire to make a picture of these fiends, Kronk could have sworn that one image he saw looked just like the head and claws of the creatures before him now. What did that priest call that particular one? Maqanakuq? What did the name translate to in the common tongue... Fighter... Scrapper... yeah that's it Scrapper... the supay who attacks relentlessly, but wait a minute, what's a bunch of scrappers doing in the land of the living... the only reason they would be here is if someone dug into the earth and opened a portal to their realm and... oh spinach puffs... Kronk you just got the idea that the area is in more trouble than most without your religious knowledge would know... because if these fiends are out and about, there's trouble, big trouble.

~~~

The scappers made noises that sounded like a cross between the growls of a pack of canines and the buzzing of angry bees. It seems clear that if they did talk that it wasn't in a commonly used tongue.

~~~

Merida (and Calla if Habsfan is still around) is up

R.jpg.2ca289fdf72caaacb64a030887b89370.jpg

Princess Merida of DunBroch - Character Sheet | Application

AC: 18 |  HP: 52/52 |  PP: 19 |  Speed: 35ft |  Spells: Lvl I 4/4 , Lvl II 2/2 

As the creepy critters chittered on buzzed, Merida's brow furrowed. This was not going far was loosened her grip on her arrow, allowing the string to rest as the creepy critters chittered and buzzed. They were intelligent enough to recognize Kronk's intentions, if not the words, maybe? This was too hard... but eventually she gave in and her arms flopped down as her head lulled back with a groan. Her bright blue eyes slipped to a sideways glance at the burly chef. "Agh, so now wot Kronk? Do we wrap the growly-buzzerz in blankets and offer 'em tea?"

She said, as she moved into a more relaxed stance, though still ready to loose an arrow at the scappers if the attacked anyone or anything.

• 3 weeks later...

spacer.pngKronk

HP: 56/56 | Initiative: +1 | Perception: +1 | Stealth: +1 | Armor Class: 19

Creatures from the underworld? Uh oh... As realization clicks, Kronk tries to restrain a look of panic. His shoulder angel glowers at the Scrappers while his infernal counterpart waves at them with a friendly chuckle. "Hey hey, what's good, my fellow minions of the Underworld? Here to make some mortals miserable?"

Merida's riffing proves ironically useful. The lightbulb in Kronk's mind dings as is reminded of his trusty Ultimate Cosmic Power (Itty Bitty Living Space)TM coffee bottle. Pulling the bottle from his belt, Kronk lifts it up and helps himself to a warm dose of caffeinated bean juice.

Thankfully, Kronk notes that the bottle does still seem to be working. It could be a bit temperamental sometimes... but one doesn't complain at the prospect of unlimited magic coffee on demand! Kronk offers the magic bottle to the skeptical Scrapper.

"That's actually not a terrible idea, Merida," Kronk replies unironically. "I mean, the blankets can't be helped, but I'm sure we can sit down for a light snack and try to work this out, see what they're doing here... Yichan, I've got some trail rations and flour stored in my bag. Think you could help me slap some bao together? I'd do it all myself, but I feel like they aren't that patient... I've got some soy sauce for the dip, but what kind of spice should be the garnish?"

OOC

Kronk will attempt to make some snacks as a peace offering to the Scrappers. Since this food is being cooked for the purpose of trying to make friends, I will be using Charisma as the base stat, but you can change that if you feel that's inappropriate. Maybe Kronk can get advantage on the roll if Yichan offers some advice or help?

The soy sauce is coming from the Orange Alchemy Jug that Kronk has on him. He also has Heward's Handy Spice Pouch, so he should be able to pull any mundane spice that Yichan can think of.

Edited by Prehysterical (see edit history)
Name
Coffee Bottle Roll
1d20 10
Cooking (Charisma)
1d20+5 2

When Kronk suggests cooking food. Grumpy loses it.

"We don't have time for this!" He went towards the mine entrance but a scrapper blocked his way.

"Out of my way!" Grumpy snapped as he brought up his pickax and swung it at the scrapper

The scrapper would take the hit almost folding in half from the force but then grumpy would smash it upward then full swing it sending it flying into a nearby cliff wall where it seemed to become like a pancake

Grumpy huffed "that will teach ya"

This caused the other scrappers to all turn their attention to grumpy and buzz with anger and come at him dogpiling him creating a dust cloud with fighting noise

"Grumpy!" Doc called out

"I'm fine" Grumpy roared as the dust cleared slightly showing that he was struggling with all four of the remaining creatures "just let me fight!"

Doc hummed as he pulled out a small star shaped crystal "give grumpy protection against these creatures"

Divine Magic surged around grumpy and although the creatures tried to hit him the aura blocked the attack

Doc exhaled slightly "sorry he does that often"

~~~

Ooc: So sorry kronk, your low charisma roll caused an already upset grumpy to lose his cool and rage against the monsters. Any further peacemaking will not be effective.

Yichan is up followed by Merida and Calla (Go in any order)

@Xennone @Rumrunner @Habsfan

Was it bad that taking tea seemed more horrifying than battling these buggers? Merida decided to keep the though to herself, but the widening grin on her face, did little to hide her mood. "Ohhh, Pity!" She said with a faux pout and releasing the arrow she'd had ready to fly at a moment's notice.

"Let's send these critters back where they came from, they'll be happier there and we'll be happier without them!"

Her fingers locked over two more arrows in her quiver and she drew them, releasing them in lightning quick succession at the growly-buzzers. Her eyes were focused, her connection with the otherworldly wisps, channeling the energy between the planes and the arrow became an ethereal bolt, phasing in and out until it was transformed into pure force.

Mechanics:

- Readied Action, shoot one arrow

- Bonus action Planar warrior, attack becomes force and does and extra d8 damage

- Attack twice using sharpshooter

Yikes, a 6, 3 and 3... I think the first hit at least.

Name
Readied attack
1d20+10 6
Readied Damage
1d8+5 7
Sharpshooter attack 1
1d20+5 3
sharpshoot attack 2
1d20+5 3

Kronk seems to be onto something, but of course Grumpy becomes grumpy about it. Yichan almost groans when he lost his patience, but she holds it in after seeing him drawing all of their attention. Regardless of his temperament, a civilian in distress needs to be saved.

Rushing into the dogpile, she strikes out at the each of them with great fluidity of motion, with each connecting to the next. Leg sweep to make them fall, bash the heads together as they fall, then punching down once they have fallen.

Show OOC

Action: Attack (2 from extra attack)

Bonus Action: Attack (Martial Arts)

Name
Attack 1
1d20+7 4
Attack 1 Damage
1d6+7 2
Attack 2
1d20+7 16
Attack 2 Damage
1d6+7 4
Bonus Attack
1d20+7 9
Bonus Attack Damage
1d6+7 6

• 2 weeks later...

spacer.pngKronk

HP: 56/56 | Initiative: +1 | Perception: +1 | Stealth: +1 | Armor Class: 19

There will be no peace in our time... Kronk watches aghast as Grumpy's impatience sours any chance of a peaceful resolution, then scowls disapprovingly. There will be words later...

For now, Kronk decides to jump in himself and help Yichan with a hefty swing.

Name
Attack (Unarmed)
1d20+7 10
Unarmed Damage
1d6+4 2

Kronk gets into the fray and hits the one Yichan had hurt, it was almost gone. (1/20)

Grumpy next move most likely would surprise people as he snarls as he smashes a battleaxe into a healthy one getting it hooked on his axe (15/20) and follows up which a smash hit on the second healthy one also hooking it (13/20) however what happened next would be most likely surprising to all around as Grumpy snarls in rage spins around grabbing the wounded one that the group had been working on as well and then with all three on his pickax he flings them smash brothers style into a nearby cliff and the resounding boom as they impact causes all three to be destroyed

~~~ Combat Complete ~~~

Grumpy growled as he let the dust clear for a moment then made his near trademarked humph "that is how you deal with fiends." He stated to everyone

Doc sighed "more like that's how you deal with fiends Grumpy..."

Grumpy huffs again "come on we got comrades to find.

Doc hummed "right..."

Doc's shirt would suddenly be tugged on

Dopey was there with an appealing smile

Doc hummed "it's too dangerous Dopey,"

Dopey gave him a fear filled whine while holding Doc's shirt

Doc sighed "alright but stay close, lead the way Grumpy."

Grumpy huffed

~~~

The group would enter into the mineshaft however it quickly became clear that someone turned out the lights and the darkness was well noted

Doc hummed as he pulled something out and tapped it causing it to glow giving some illumination "someone doused all the lights." He commented

Grumpy huffed "not just doused, slimed look." He pointed at something.

The small lamps used to light the tunnel were coated in a dark reflective goop.

Doc hummed as he pulled out a jeweler Lense and started looking at the goop. "hmm..."

Grumpy grunted "what's you see Doc."

"if i didn't know any better this stuff is almost like ink."

"Ink?" Grumpy grunted "what's ink doing in our mine."

"I don't know..." He pulled out another tool and tapped it against the lamp however it would not light. "but whatever this ink is, it's preventing me from lighting the lamp using my tools."

Grumpy huffed then looked at the group "I hope you all ain't afraid of the dark." He stated

She pulled the goggles down over her eyes and immediately the world was transformed to shades of grey. It was odd, but not completely unfamiliar, when she snuck around in the near dark color was pretty much impossible to perceive, but now she could see way further. "Try your night eyes that Merlin gave us, these things are great!" She said as she approached on of the lamps and rubbed her finger over it before giving it a sniff and a subtle lick. "Ink ye say? Whot does tha mean?"

Mechanics:

- Investigation/Nature (Straight Int Check), what does it smell/taste like? Does it taste briny like organic sea creature ink or more like pen ink? not sure what I'll get with a 12 though... but if survival would be apt in the context, it would be a 19.

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2685197]Princess Merida of Dunbroch[/url][/b] [i][ooc=Human]Wildhunt Shifter[/ooc] Ranger 6 Chaotic Good[/i] [b]AC[/b] 16 [b]HP[/b] 52 [b]Speed[/b] 35ft [b]Str[/b] 12 (1) [b]Dex[/b] 18 (4) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 16 (3) [b]Int[/b] 8 (-1) [b]Cha[/b] 10 (0) [b]Attacks[/b] [b]Longbow +1[/b] +10 1d8+5 [b]Rapier[/b] +7 1d8+4 [b]Shortsword(Highland Dirk)[/b] +7 1d6+4 [b][/b] [b][/b] [b]Background[/b] Folk Hero - [ooc=Rustic Hospitality]Since you come from the ranks of the common folk, you fit in among them with ease. You can find a place to hide, rest, or recuperate among other commoners, unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them. They will shield you from the law or anyone else searching for you, though they will not risk their lives for you.[/ooc] [b]ASI & Feats[/b] +2 Dex - [ooc=Fey touched]Misty step and Hunter's Mark free to cast 1/day, and added to spell list[/ooc], [ooc=Sharpshooter]Attacking at long range doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged weapon attack rolls. Your ranged weapon attacks ignore half and three-quarters cover. Before you make an attack with a ranged weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If that attack hits, you add +10 to the attack's damage.[/ooc] [b]Race:[/b] Wispbound Human(Wildhunt Shifter) - [ooc=Ability Score Increase] Your Wisdom score increases by 2, Dexterity increase by 1[/ooc], [ooc=Darkvision]You have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.[/ooc], [ooc=Natural Tracker]You have proficiency in the Survival skill.[/ooc], [ooc=Keen Senses]You have proficiency in the Perception skill.[/ooc]. [ooc=Wisping]As a bonus action, you can assume power from the will-o-wisps. Your eyes glow blue and a feint aura surrounds you as you are protected by fate. This transformation lasts for 1 minute, until you die, or until you revert to your normal appearance as a bonus action. When you shift, you gain temporary hit points equal to your level + your Constitution modifier (minimum of 1 temporary hit point). While shifted, you have advantage on Wisdom checks. Once you shift, you can’t do so again until you finish a short or long rest[/ooc], [ooc=Mark the wisps]As a bonus action, you can mark one creature you can see within 10 feet of you. Until the end of your next long rest, your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make to find the marked creature, and you always know the location of that creature if it is within 60 feet of you. You can't use this trait again until you finish a short or long rest.[/ooc] [b]Class:[/b] Ranger - [ooc=Favored Foe]When you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell). The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you increase that damage by 1d6. You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.[/ooc], [ooc=Canny]Choose one of your skill proficiencies(perception). Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make using the chosen skill. You can also speak, read, and write 2 additional languages of your choice[/ooc], [ooc=Roving]Your walking speed increases by 5, and you gain a climbing speed and a swimming speed equal to your walking speed.[/ooc], [ooc=Fighting style(Archery)]You gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls you make with ranged weapons.[/ooc], [ooc=Spellcasting]Spellcasting By the time you reach 2nd level, you have learned to use the magical essence of nature to cast spells, much as a druid does. Spell Slots The Ranger table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your ranger spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these spells, you must expend a slot of the spell's level or higher. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest. For example, if you know the 1st-level spell Animal Friendship and have a 1st-level and a 2nd-level spell slot available, you can cast Animal Friendship using either slot. Spells Known of 1st Level and Higher You know two 1st-level spells of your choice from the ranger spell list. The Spells Known column of the Ranger table shows when you learn more ranger spells of your choice. Each of these spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots. For instance, when you reach 5th level in this class, you can learn one new spell of 1st or 2nd level. Additionally, when you gain a level in this class, you can choose one of the ranger spells you know and replace it with another spell from the ranger spell list, which also must be of a level for which you have spell slots. Spellcasting Ability Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for your ranger spells, since your magic draws on your attunement to nature. You use your Wisdom whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Wisdom modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a ranger spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one. Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier Spellcasting Focus (Optional) At 2nd level, you can use a druidic focus as a spellcasting focus for your ranger spells. A druidic focus might be a sprig of mistletoe or holly, a wand or rod made of yew or another special wood, a staff drawn whole from a living tree, or an object incorporating feathers, fur, bones, and teeth from sacred animals.[/ooc], [ooc=Primal Awareness]You can focus your awareness through the interconnections of nature: you learn additional spells when you reach certain levels in this class if you don't already know them, as shown in the Primal Awareness Spells table. These spells don't count against the number of ranger spells you know. Primal Awareness Spells Ranger Level Spell 3rd.... Speak with Animals 5th.... Beast Sense 9th.... Speak with Plants 13th.. Locate Creature 17th.. Commune with Nature You can cast each of these spells once without expending a spell slot. Once you cast a spell in this way, you can't do so again until you finish a long rest.[/ooc], [ooc=Extra Attack]Beginning at 5th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.[/ooc] [b]Subclass:[/b] Horizon Walker [ooc=Detect Portal]At 3rd level, you gain the ability to magically sense the presence of a planar portal. As an action, you detect the distance and direction to the closest planar portal within 1 mile of you. Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest. See the "Planar Travel" section in chapter 2 of the Dungeon Master's Guide for examples of planar portals.[/ooc], [ooc=Planar Warrior] At 3rd level, you learn to draw on the energy of the multiverse to augment your attacks. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.[/ooc] [ooc=Stellar Blessing]While in a critical health state (below 50% HP) you may trigger stellar blessing through the following options no action required. You may use each option once per short or long rest: • If you miss with an attack roll, or miss with a saving throw, you can add 2d4 to the roll. • If you are being healed add your character level times 5 to the amount restored. • If you are about to be hit by an attack increase your AC by 5[/ooc]
Princess Merida of Dunbroch
HumanWildhunt Shifter Ranger 6 Chaotic Good

AC 16 HP 52 Speed 35ft

Str 12 (1) Dex 18 (4) Con 14 (2) Wis 16 (3) Int 8 (-1) Cha 10 (0)

Attacks
Longbow +1 +10 1d8+5
Rapier +7 1d8+4
Shortsword(Highland Dirk) +7 1d6+4

Background Folk Hero
- Rustic HospitalitySince you come from the ranks of the common folk, you fit in among them with ease. You can find a place to hide, rest, or recuperate among other commoners, unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them. They will shield you from the law or anyone else searching for you, though they will not risk their lives for you.

ASI & Feats +2 Dex
- Fey touchedMisty step and Hunter's Mark free to cast 1/day, and added to spell list , SharpshooterAttacking at long range doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged weapon attack rolls.

Your ranged weapon attacks ignore half and three-quarters cover.

Before you make an attack with a ranged weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If that attack hits, you add +10 to the attack's damage.

Race: Wispbound Human(Wildhunt Shifter)
- Ability Score Increase Your Wisdom score increases by 2, Dexterity increase by 1 , DarkvisionYou have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray. , Natural TrackerYou have proficiency in the Survival skill. , Keen SensesYou have proficiency in the Perception skill. . WispingAs a bonus action, you can assume power from the will-o-wisps. Your eyes glow blue and a feint aura surrounds you as you are protected by fate. This transformation lasts for 1 minute, until you die, or until you revert to your normal appearance as a bonus action. When you shift, you gain temporary hit points equal to your level + your Constitution modifier (minimum of 1 temporary hit point). While shifted, you have advantage on Wisdom checks. Once you shift, you can’t do so again until you finish a short or long rest , Mark the wispsAs a bonus action, you can mark one creature you can see within 10 feet of you. Until the end of your next long rest, your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make to find the marked creature, and you always know the location of that creature if it is within 60 feet of you. You can't use this trait again until you finish a short or long rest.

Class: Ranger
- Favored FoeWhen you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell).

The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you increase that damage by 1d6.

You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.
, CannyChoose one of your skill proficiencies(perception). Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make using the chosen skill.

You can also speak, read, and write 2 additional languages of your choice
, RovingYour walking speed increases by 5, and you gain a climbing speed and a swimming speed equal to your walking speed. , Fighting style(Archery)You gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls you make with ranged weapons. , SpellcastingSpellcasting
By the time you reach 2nd level, you have learned to use the magical essence of nature to cast spells, much as a druid does.

Spell Slots
The Ranger table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your ranger spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these spells, you must expend a slot of the spell's level or higher. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest.

For example, if you know the 1st-level spell Animal Friendship and have a 1st-level and a 2nd-level spell slot available, you can cast Animal Friendship using either slot.

Spells Known of 1st Level and Higher
You know two 1st-level spells of your choice from the ranger spell list.

The Spells Known column of the Ranger table shows when you learn more ranger spells of your choice. Each of these spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots. For instance, when you reach 5th level in this class, you can learn one new spell of 1st or 2nd level.

Additionally, when you gain a level in this class, you can choose one of the ranger spells you know and replace it with another spell from the ranger spell list, which also must be of a level for which you have spell slots.

Spellcasting Ability
Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for your ranger spells, since your magic draws on your attunement to nature. You use your Wisdom whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Wisdom modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a ranger spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one.

Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier

Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier

Spellcasting Focus (Optional)
At 2nd level, you can use a druidic focus as a spellcasting focus for your ranger spells. A druidic focus might be a sprig of mistletoe or holly, a wand or rod made of yew or another special wood, a staff drawn whole from a living tree, or an object incorporating feathers, fur, bones, and teeth from sacred animals.
, Primal AwarenessYou can focus your awareness through the interconnections of nature: you learn additional spells when you reach certain levels in this class if you don't already know them, as shown in the Primal Awareness Spells table. These spells don't count against the number of ranger spells you know.

Primal Awareness Spells
Ranger Level Spell
3rd.... Speak with Animals
5th.... Beast Sense
9th.... Speak with Plants
13th.. Locate Creature
17th.. Commune with Nature
You can cast each of these spells once without expending a spell slot. Once you cast a spell in this way, you can't do so again until you finish a long rest.
, Extra AttackBeginning at 5th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.

Subclass: Horizon Walker
Detect PortalAt 3rd level, you gain the ability to magically sense the presence of a planar portal. As an action, you detect the distance and direction to the closest planar portal within 1 mile of you.

Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

See the "Planar Travel" section in chapter 2 of the Dungeon Master's Guide for examples of planar portals.
, Planar Warrior At 3rd level, you learn to draw on the energy of the multiverse to augment your attacks.

As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.

Stellar BlessingWhile in a critical health state (below 50% HP) you may trigger stellar blessing through the following options no action required. You may use each option once per short or long rest:
• If you miss with an attack roll, or miss with a saving throw, you can add 2d4 to the roll.
• If you are being healed add your character level times 5 to the amount restored.
• If you are about to be hit by an attack increase your AC by 5

Name
Int Check
1d20-1 13

It is quite a surprise to see Grumpy pulling his weight in a fight. As the last of the creatures disappear, it would seem that he has the strength to back up his temper. That aside, the captives are top priority. Yichan pulls down the goggles as well and starts looking for clues of the infiltrators.

Putting aside the Phantom, the origins of these scrappers is also a concern. "From what Kronk said, these creatures are from the Underworld, so what are they doing in the prestigious mines of the Seven Dwarves?" Yichan poses the question to the dwarves. Given that the Phantom seems to also have undead qualities, it is very likely that the Underworld is somehow involved in all of this. She furrows her brows, as she does not like the implication that Hades is pulling the strings behind all this.

Show OOC

Action: Perception check for clues.

Side not: I think it is best to stay low profile, but there is the luminous pearl if we really need a light(60ft bright, 60ft dim)

Name
Perception
1d20+6 14

Upon tasting the ink Merida, you get a foul taste in your mouth. This isn't sea creature ink, it's clearly like pen ink but you've never seen pen ink act like slime or sludge.

Looking around Yichan, you note what appears to be drag marks and thin footprints along the floor of the mine, you are sure someone or someones were dragged in this direction

Grumpy humphed "I don't know but I don't like it," He stated "there's trouble afoot and I bet ya black magic too."

A light chuckle was heard "you got that right Grumpy... there is black magic afoot."

A dwarf in a brown shirt and blue pants approached the group with a big smile.

Doc blinked "Happy... You alright. We got word from Dopey that you and the others were attacked."

Happy hummed "never better in fact I'm happy you three came," His smile turned evil "now you can join the rest of us working this mine to our deaths"

Dopey made a noise of fright as he dove behind the others

Grumpy frowned then growled as he faced off against Happy "what's you going on about, we don't work to death."

"oh now we do... see we've found something that someone wants, and he wants a lot, quickly,"

"womeone sants womething, er someone wants something." Doc stated "What and who."

Happy hummed "doesn't matter." He glowed with a dark aura and a large ghost like miner appeared behind him "You either are going to dig or you get buried." A surge occurred as a pickax formed out of darkness and was wielded by Happy

A surge of a magical barrier grew up behind the group and prevented their escape

Happy smiled evilly "Heigh Ho everyone, let's get digging."

~~~ Initiating Battle Sequence ~~~

(25) Twisted Wonderland, Story BGM 020 - YouTube

~~~

Grumpy humphed "I've always been waiting for a chance to wipe that smile off your face." He growled

Doc hummed "Everyone, knock him out but don't kill him... I think he's being controlled."

"Duh..." Grumpy growled "as if the weird black pickax and the ghost behind him doesn't scream I'm not acting like myself." Grumpy muttered "I'll try not to kill him but I sure as soot not going to have him order me around. Come on

Possessed Happy Initiative

Dwarf Initiative

Players roll initiative, beat 18 to go before Happy,

Name
Possessed Happy Initiative
1d20+3 15
Dwarf Initiative
1d20+3 16