Adventure 2: Dwarfed by a phantom thief?

Merida's marks her target notches her arrows and fires. The arrows sail towards their mark ready to pierce through him and two impacts occurs however, the strange sound that accompanies the impact is weird, the arrows impact sound makes a sort of wet mud slurp sound almost as if Merida hit a very wet sack of horse dung. Upon a second look, the arrows seem to be stuck in Phantom Blot like two sticks in mud. Phantom Blot does not react in pain of being shot with arrows, in fact, he just causally reaches around with his arm almost in an inhuman flexible way and pulls them out of himself "hmm... Arrows..." He chuckles in a smug tone "Nice shooting Princess Merida but I'm afraid I'm not like your normal targets," His hand molded over the arrows and the arrows darkened and seemed to melt into it. He then turned to face where they were, red glowing eyes staring out of the hood with a look of both amusement and smug evil "I heard from word of mouth that Doc and Grumpy went to get some heroes to help them deal with their thief but I bet they didn't expect to come back to find me having taken over their mine and the minds of their friends.

"You are right Mr. Blot we did not." Doc stated as he came out "In fact we didn't even know what was going on until it got told to us just now."

Phantom Blot made a grunt "huh? Someone told you? Who?"

Pete made his trademark snickering laugh "why who else Blot? Just an old partner in crime."

With a smug strut Pete came out

Phantom Blot seemed to recoil in surprise "You!?"

Pete laughed "what expecting someone else?"

Phantom Blot growled "what in the black blot are you doing here. this isn't your dimension. You shouldn't be here"

Pete laughed "Ah that's where you are wrong my good phantom. I'm a classic remember. 98 years my old friend and I still feel like I'm in my prime thanks to some real magic."

Phantom growled "but your form, it comes from that other dimension."

Pete hummed "true but when you blend the worlds, things that are more known tend to display themselves becoming the main thing that is expressed." He chuckled "and for my form from that dimension I say this is one of my better ones especially for combat." He pounded a fist into his hand "nice strong lean to a physical fighting style plus a little magic just to keep thing interesting." He chuckled again

Grumpy grunted "hey must you two keep talking in nonsense."

Pete chuckled "sorry Grump don't mean to boast and brag about nonsense stuff." He grinned "but it throws a nice little curve ball into your plans don't it Blot."

Phantom Blot growled "a nice one indeed I wouldn't have thought he would have drawn upon that dimension."

Pete chuckled "well he did. Now how about we get down to business." He pulled out the magestone and waved it slightly "trying to get a bit of a headstart are we Blotty?"

Phantom Blot growled "so he told you about them as well."

Pete hummed "actually it was Maleficent who told me. She told me to go check on the mines to see what was happening over here and make sure things weren't getting too out of hand before the big mining event and what do I find when I come looking, rumors of a ghost like being taking hard mined gems from a bunch of dwarves including a very special gem with strange properties that was set to be shown to Merlin for analysis. What's wrong Blot, don't have enough magic to hold yourself together that's why you came here"

Phantom Blot growled "oh I have plenty of magic to do what I need to do but if I want to be more than just a curse on the world I need more." He hummed "and what better way then use the stones that suck up my main essence and turn them into something better something more solid and less inky."

Pete huffed "you're going to throw the verse out of whack you know if you mess serious things up." He warned

Phantom Blot huffed "oh I know, I've seen what this world becomes and while it has it's perks, I'm not there so I'm going to make it so that my name is marked as one of the greatest villains of them all. The best."

Pete huffed "get in line pal... you got like ten others who want that title and others like it and when I think about it..." He punched his fist into his hand to get into a fighting stance "I think they deserve it more than you."

Phantom Blot huffed "we'll see about that."

Battle Music

Magic surged around him then a pool of ink formed and spread out covering the ground near him and black ink blotched scrappers started spawning out of it enough for at least one scrapper per person on the hero team which included Pete. "Get em!" He commanded

The scrappers all came at people

~~~ Combat Start ~~~

@Prehysterical @Xennone @Rumrunner 

Players are up, I'll get a map up sometime in the next 24 hours to show how things are all set up but here's the idea, From the hero group there's several scrappers between them and the boss enough to keep people busy and on their toes, then behind the scrappers and surrounding the big bad is a black pool of the ink like substance, it has some strange properties including it seems to be able to repeatedly spawn the scrappers. Kronk you immediately sense something really bad about that pool of ink, it's really foul to you and you know just by simple reference if it stays in existence things are going to get much worse, problem is it seems the one who summoned it doesn't care, he about as evil as they come.

The remaining 3 possessed dwarves, Sleepy, Bashful and Sneezy are still chipping away at the mine walls which is towards the back of the fighting area but you suspect they will be called to action if needed by Phantom Blot

spacer.pngKronk

HP: 56/56 | Initiative: +1 | Perception: +1 | Stealth: +1 | Armor Class: 19

It would have been nice if the arrows actually worked... but that would have been too convenient for them. Most of the trash talk between the villains goes over Kronk's head, since he's too busy wondering who this "Blot" guy even is, anyway. Good thing, too, or all the "dimension" talk would have melted Kronk's brain. Once Blot summons the pool of ink, however, Kronk physically recoils and gasps. It's like liquid evil! The very stink of malevolence gives him pause while the others repond.

Edited by Prehysterical (see edit history)
Name
Initiative
1d20+1 3

• 2 weeks later...

R.jpg.2ca289fdf72caaacb64a030887b89370.jpg

Princess Merida of DunBroch - Character Sheet | Application

AC: 18 |  HP: 52/52 |  PP: 19 |  Speed: 35ft |  Spells: Lvl I 4/4 , Lvl II 2/2 | Hunter's mark 0/1 | Misty Step 1/1

Her eyebrows furrowed, she really didn't get what they were all talking about. What she did know was that Blot was still too far away for her to hit him with a force bolt and now there was a wall of scrappers between her and him, she'd need to thin the herd a bit first. She leveled her bow at the scrapper in front of her and let some arrows fly.

Mechanics:

Bonus Action: Planar warrior on first target
Action: Attack Scrap 2, if it falls attack scrap 3.

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2685197]Princess Merida of Dunbroch[/url][/b] [i][ooc=Human]Wildhunt Shifter[/ooc] Ranger 6 Chaotic Good[/i] [b]AC[/b] 16 [b]HP[/b] 52 [b]Speed[/b] 35ft [b]Str[/b] 12 (1) [b]Dex[/b] 18 (4) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 16 (3) [b]Int[/b] 8 (-1) [b]Cha[/b] 10 (0) [b]Attacks[/b] [b]Longbow +1[/b] +10 1d8+5 [b]Rapier[/b] +7 1d8+4 [b]Shortsword(Highland Dirk)[/b] +7 1d6+4 [b][/b] [b][/b] [b]Background[/b] Folk Hero - [ooc=Rustic Hospitality]Since you come from the ranks of the common folk, you fit in among them with ease. You can find a place to hide, rest, or recuperate among other commoners, unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them. They will shield you from the law or anyone else searching for you, though they will not risk their lives for you.[/ooc] [b]ASI & Feats[/b] +2 Dex - [ooc=Fey touched]Misty step and Hunter's Mark free to cast 1/day, and added to spell list[/ooc], [ooc=Sharpshooter]Attacking at long range doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged weapon attack rolls. Your ranged weapon attacks ignore half and three-quarters cover. Before you make an attack with a ranged weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If that attack hits, you add +10 to the attack's damage.[/ooc] [b]Race:[/b] Wispbound Human(Wildhunt Shifter) - [ooc=Ability Score Increase] Your Wisdom score increases by 2, Dexterity increase by 1[/ooc], [ooc=Darkvision]You have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.[/ooc], [ooc=Natural Tracker]You have proficiency in the Survival skill.[/ooc], [ooc=Keen Senses]You have proficiency in the Perception skill.[/ooc]. [ooc=Wisping]As a bonus action, you can assume power from the will-o-wisps. Your eyes glow blue and a feint aura surrounds you as you are protected by fate. This transformation lasts for 1 minute, until you die, or until you revert to your normal appearance as a bonus action. When you shift, you gain temporary hit points equal to your level + your Constitution modifier (minimum of 1 temporary hit point). While shifted, you have advantage on Wisdom checks. Once you shift, you can’t do so again until you finish a short or long rest[/ooc], [ooc=Mark the wisps]As a bonus action, you can mark one creature you can see within 10 feet of you. Until the end of your next long rest, your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make to find the marked creature, and you always know the location of that creature if it is within 60 feet of you. You can't use this trait again until you finish a short or long rest.[/ooc] [b]Class:[/b] Ranger - [ooc=Favored Foe]When you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell). The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you increase that damage by 1d6. You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.[/ooc], [ooc=Canny]Choose one of your skill proficiencies(perception). Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make using the chosen skill. You can also speak, read, and write 2 additional languages of your choice[/ooc], [ooc=Roving]Your walking speed increases by 5, and you gain a climbing speed and a swimming speed equal to your walking speed.[/ooc], [ooc=Fighting style(Archery)]You gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls you make with ranged weapons.[/ooc], [ooc=Spellcasting]Spellcasting By the time you reach 2nd level, you have learned to use the magical essence of nature to cast spells, much as a druid does. Spell Slots The Ranger table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your ranger spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these spells, you must expend a slot of the spell's level or higher. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest. For example, if you know the 1st-level spell Animal Friendship and have a 1st-level and a 2nd-level spell slot available, you can cast Animal Friendship using either slot. Spells Known of 1st Level and Higher You know two 1st-level spells of your choice from the ranger spell list. The Spells Known column of the Ranger table shows when you learn more ranger spells of your choice. Each of these spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots. For instance, when you reach 5th level in this class, you can learn one new spell of 1st or 2nd level. Additionally, when you gain a level in this class, you can choose one of the ranger spells you know and replace it with another spell from the ranger spell list, which also must be of a level for which you have spell slots. Spellcasting Ability Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for your ranger spells, since your magic draws on your attunement to nature. You use your Wisdom whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Wisdom modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a ranger spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one. Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier Spellcasting Focus (Optional) At 2nd level, you can use a druidic focus as a spellcasting focus for your ranger spells. A druidic focus might be a sprig of mistletoe or holly, a wand or rod made of yew or another special wood, a staff drawn whole from a living tree, or an object incorporating feathers, fur, bones, and teeth from sacred animals.[/ooc], [ooc=Primal Awareness]You can focus your awareness through the interconnections of nature: you learn additional spells when you reach certain levels in this class if you don't already know them, as shown in the Primal Awareness Spells table. These spells don't count against the number of ranger spells you know. Primal Awareness Spells Ranger Level Spell 3rd.... Speak with Animals 5th.... Beast Sense 9th.... Speak with Plants 13th.. Locate Creature 17th.. Commune with Nature You can cast each of these spells once without expending a spell slot. Once you cast a spell in this way, you can't do so again until you finish a long rest.[/ooc], [ooc=Extra Attack]Beginning at 5th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.[/ooc] [b]Subclass:[/b] Horizon Walker [ooc=Detect Portal]At 3rd level, you gain the ability to magically sense the presence of a planar portal. As an action, you detect the distance and direction to the closest planar portal within 1 mile of you. Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest. See the "Planar Travel" section in chapter 2 of the Dungeon Master's Guide for examples of planar portals.[/ooc], [ooc=Planar Warrior] At 3rd level, you learn to draw on the energy of the multiverse to augment your attacks. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.[/ooc] [ooc=Stellar Blessing]While in a critical health state (below 50% HP) you may trigger stellar blessing through the following options no action required. You may use each option once per short or long rest: • If you miss with an attack roll, or miss with a saving throw, you can add 2d4 to the roll. • If you are being healed add your character level times 5 to the amount restored. • If you are about to be hit by an attack increase your AC by 5[/ooc]
Princess Merida of Dunbroch
Human Ranger 6 Chaotic Good

AC 16 HP 52 Speed 35ft

Str 12 (1) Dex 18 (4) Con 14 (2) Wis 16 (3) Int 8 (-1) Cha 10 (0)

Attacks
Longbow +1 +10 1d8+5
Rapier +7 1d8+4
Shortsword(Highland Dirk) +7 1d6+4

Background Folk Hero
- Rustic Hospitality

ASI & Feats +2 Dex
- Fey touched , Sharpshooter

Race: Wispbound Human(Wildhunt Shifter)
- Ability Score Increase , Darkvision , Natural Tracker , Keen Senses . Wisping , Mark the wisps

Class: Ranger
- Favored Foe , Canny , Roving , Fighting style(Archery) , Spellcasting , Primal Awareness , Extra Attack

Subclass: Horizon Walker
Detect Portal , Planar Warrior

Stellar Blessing

Name
Attack 1 vs scrap 2
1d20+5 16
damage vs scrap 2 (Force Damage)
2d8+15 2,4
Attack 2 vs scrap 2(vs scrap 3 if 2 is down)
1d20+5 12
Damage 2 (magic piercing damage)
1d8+15 7

• 2 weeks later...

Merida's two arrows nailed both her targets and vaporized them however she would note that the small blob of ink would return to the giant ink pool almost as if the ink itself was being pulled back into the pool to be reused later

Doc hummed as he watched the two ink blobs return "Mr. Pete, what is Mr. Blot capable of."

Pete growled "can't say for sure, but if I remember correctly the key to everything about phantom blot is that he is capable of using blot to do his dirty work, I'm guessing that if we get rid of that pool that's the end of the fight

Grumpy growled "and how in the world do we do that."

Pete grunted "don't look at me Grump, I ain't no expert when it comes to it"

Doc hummed "maybe we can use the same things that affected the phantom ghost, you know with radiant magic." He pulled out a small orb "Let's see what this does." He threw it at the pit of ink and it just sunk into it

Phantom Blot chuckled "throwing a rock at me now."

Doc hummed "come on..."

A bubble blew up like an oversized bubblegum bubble that burst a second later and a blast of light surged out of the pool affecting Phantom (-5/???)

Phantom Blot made a cry out and then rubbed his eyes and face "hey not cool Doc. Anyone ever tell ya no flash photography"

Doc hummed "it seems to annoy phantom blot and possibly even blind him."

Grump growled "well that's better than nothing but I think someone else should throw them

Dopey made a noise as he waved his hands then made the gesture for throwing something then pointed at himself

Doc hummed then moved over to Dopey and handed him a small bag "alright Dopey you can throw these at him but if something comes after you run away okay."

Dopey nodded rapidly then got a frown as he glared at Phantom Blot almost making a similar face to Grumpy. He took a glowing gem gave his arm a wind up and threw it.

The rock went towards Phantom and hit him

Phantom recovered slightly "eh."

The gem exploded with radiant light damaging blot (-15/???)

Phantom recoiled "grr... cut that out." He demanded

Pete chuckled as he moved forward "what's the matter Blot can't handle a little flash bang. well then here have some more. ya ha!" He threw a cluster of something lit at Blot and it exploded into a burst of fireworks dealing fire damage (-26/???)

Phantom growled

Pete then took a stance "come on Blot dare ya to hit me!"

Grumpy growled as he turned mad "I got the critters." He called out then went into a multiattack striking number 6 with two hits which defeat it but it took both to do so

~~~

Kronk and Yichan to go

• 2 weeks later...

spacer.pngKronk

Seeing the others do their best to deal with the evil spurs Kronk into taking action. Holding aloft a golden grinning icon, Kronk fires a bolt of guiding light right at the Phantom Blot... and somehow still misses.

"Ouch... Scratch one for the Forces of Justice," Shoulder Devil commented ruefully, which prompted an angry glare from Shoulder Angel.

He then moves forward to assist Grumpy in holding the line against the Blot's minions. "Do what you need to do, Doc. I got this."

OOC

Kronk casts Guiding Bolt on the Phantom Blot. If he hits, the next attack roll against the Blot has Advantage.

He then moves forward to G12 to help screen Doc against Scrap1.

Name
Guiding Bolt (Spell Attack)
1d20+5 4

• 2 weeks later...

Kronk's Guiding Bolt goes wide and misses its target

Yichan advances to where Scrapper 7 was and attacks it and like grumpy it takes both her hits to vaporize it and the dark ink blob to zip back into the ink pool

Phantom Blot lightly chuckled "go ahead send my minions back into my pool all you're doing is making my next move stronger." He taunted

Grumpy growled "what's you going on about."

Phantom Blot grinned "Allow me to show you."

Magic surged around Phantom Blot as the ink blots floated around his hands "Dark Cannon."

Four energy shots came at various people, one at Kronk, One at Pete, one at Grumpy, and one at Yichan,

Phantom Blot chuckled "how you like that."

Pete chuckled "got news for you Blot, you missed period."

Phantom Blot grunted "what?"

Pete had an energy barrier around himself but one could tell that the shots either deflected off armor and shield like it did for Kronk, bounced off a magical shield like it did for Pete or missed entirely like it did for Grumpy and Yichan

Pete grinned and chuckled "now I get why you don't like fighting directly, you're a lousy shot and you most likely can't punch anything either.

Phantom Blot growled "You dare mock me!" He shouted then energy surged "I'll will make you rue the day you ever met me!" He fired a dark beam at Pete

The beam hit against Pete's magical shield but the attack wasn't enough to pierce it.

Pete chuckled "nice try Blot, but the shield spell I know makes me able to take such attacks without hurting me."

Blot growled "You two, Sleepy, Sneezy, quit digging and fight."

Sleepy and Sneezy under what appeared to be a magical spell came over and dark magic surged around them as first Sleepy yawned loudly

A sleeping bubbly effect surged around Merida, Kronk and Doc forcing them to make a Wisdom Save of DC15 or fall asleep

Dark magic surged around Sneezy as he charged up one of his near trademarked sneeze cannons and sneezed sending a massive gust of wind to blow against Yichan, Grumpy and Pete forcing them to make a Dexterity Save of DC15 or be blown backwards and knocked prone

Doc grunted slightly as he magic surged around him "ugh... watch out that's stuff..." He yawned and fell prone and unconscious due to sleep.

Dopey made a noise of panic

Happy made a hum as he patted him reassuringly "don't worry Dopey, I'll help him. You just keep throwing those gems."

Dopey made a noise

Grumpy would be blown backward by Sneezy's sneeze and slammed against Pete's shield with a grunt as he took some minor damage and be knocked prone "Confound it, watch where you aim that nose of yours!"

Yichan managed to avoid getting blown away by dodging it

Pete managed to hold his footing even with Grumpy being blown into him "I've heard of some people with a real honker of a nose but never one that could blow you away."

Phantom Blot huffed "let's see how well you fight against your friends."

~~~

Players are up

AC: 18 |  HP: 52/52 |  PP: 19 |  Speed: 35ft |  SpellsLvl I - 4/4 , Lvl II - 2/2 | Hunter's mark 0/1 | Misty Step 1/1 | Detect Portals 1/1 | Favoured Foe 2/3 | Wisping 1/1 | Mark of the Wisps 1/1

Shaking off the sleep Merida charged forward drawing two arrows from her quiver.

"Aye, ye inky bloob, I'll be splattrin yeh 'gainst tha wall like trod on cartoon of a toddlar!"

Releasing two bolts, one transforms, phasing in and out of reality with such speed that it becomes a missile of pure force, the other taking a scrapper right between the eyes.

Mechanics:

Wis save "through" :/ submitted that too quickly
Move 35ft straight towards Phantom blot, that will put me at 30ft from him so I can activate my abilities below
Attack twice using sharpshooter, activating planar warrior and favored foe on phantom blot for first hit all force damage, shoot closest scrapper with second shot if both hit.

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2685197]Princess Merida of Dunbroch[/url][/b] [i][ooc=Human]Wildhunt Shifter[/ooc] Ranger 6 Chaotic Good[/i] [b]AC[/b] 16 [b]HP[/b] 52 [b]Speed[/b] 35ft [b]Str[/b] 12 (1) [b]Dex[/b] 18 (4) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 16 (3) [b]Int[/b] 8 (-1) [b]Cha[/b] 10 (0) [b]Attacks[/b] [b]Longbow +1[/b] +10 1d8+5 [b]Rapier[/b] +7 1d8+4 [b]Shortsword(Highland Dirk)[/b] +7 1d6+4 [b][/b] [b][/b] [b]Background[/b] Folk Hero - [ooc=Rustic Hospitality]Since you come from the ranks of the common folk, you fit in among them with ease. You can find a place to hide, rest, or recuperate among other commoners, unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them. They will shield you from the law or anyone else searching for you, though they will not risk their lives for you.[/ooc] [b]ASI & Feats[/b] +2 Dex - [ooc=Fey touched]Misty step and Hunter's Mark free to cast 1/day, and added to spell list[/ooc], [ooc=Sharpshooter]Attacking at long range doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged weapon attack rolls. Your ranged weapon attacks ignore half and three-quarters cover. Before you make an attack with a ranged weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If that attack hits, you add +10 to the attack's damage.[/ooc] [b]Race:[/b] Wispbound Human(Wildhunt Shifter) - [ooc=Ability Score Increase] Your Wisdom score increases by 2, Dexterity increase by 1[/ooc], [ooc=Darkvision]You have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.[/ooc], [ooc=Natural Tracker]You have proficiency in the Survival skill.[/ooc], [ooc=Keen Senses]You have proficiency in the Perception skill.[/ooc]. [ooc=Wisping]As a bonus action, you can assume power from the will-o-wisps. Your eyes glow blue and a feint aura surrounds you as you are protected by fate. This transformation lasts for 1 minute, until you die, or until you revert to your normal appearance as a bonus action. When you shift, you gain temporary hit points equal to your level + your Constitution modifier (minimum of 1 temporary hit point). While shifted, you have advantage on Wisdom checks. Once you shift, you can’t do so again until you finish a short or long rest[/ooc], [ooc=Mark the wisps]As a bonus action, you can mark one creature you can see within 10 feet of you. Until the end of your next long rest, your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make to find the marked creature, and you always know the location of that creature if it is within 60 feet of you. You can't use this trait again until you finish a short or long rest.[/ooc] [b]Class:[/b] Ranger - [ooc=Favored Foe]When you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell). The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you increase that damage by 1d6. You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.[/ooc], [ooc=Canny]Choose one of your skill proficiencies(perception). Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make using the chosen skill. You can also speak, read, and write 2 additional languages of your choice[/ooc], [ooc=Roving]Your walking speed increases by 5, and you gain a climbing speed and a swimming speed equal to your walking speed.[/ooc], [ooc=Fighting style(Archery)]You gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls you make with ranged weapons.[/ooc], [ooc=Spellcasting]Spellcasting By the time you reach 2nd level, you have learned to use the magical essence of nature to cast spells, much as a druid does. Spell Slots The Ranger table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your ranger spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these spells, you must expend a slot of the spell's level or higher. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest. For example, if you know the 1st-level spell Animal Friendship and have a 1st-level and a 2nd-level spell slot available, you can cast Animal Friendship using either slot. Spells Known of 1st Level and Higher You know two 1st-level spells of your choice from the ranger spell list. The Spells Known column of the Ranger table shows when you learn more ranger spells of your choice. Each of these spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots. For instance, when you reach 5th level in this class, you can learn one new spell of 1st or 2nd level. Additionally, when you gain a level in this class, you can choose one of the ranger spells you know and replace it with another spell from the ranger spell list, which also must be of a level for which you have spell slots. Spellcasting Ability Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for your ranger spells, since your magic draws on your attunement to nature. You use your Wisdom whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Wisdom modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a ranger spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one. Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier Spellcasting Focus (Optional) At 2nd level, you can use a druidic focus as a spellcasting focus for your ranger spells. A druidic focus might be a sprig of mistletoe or holly, a wand or rod made of yew or another special wood, a staff drawn whole from a living tree, or an object incorporating feathers, fur, bones, and teeth from sacred animals.[/ooc], [ooc=Primal Awareness]You can focus your awareness through the interconnections of nature: you learn additional spells when you reach certain levels in this class if you don't already know them, as shown in the Primal Awareness Spells table. These spells don't count against the number of ranger spells you know. Primal Awareness Spells Ranger Level Spell 3rd.... Speak with Animals 5th.... Beast Sense 9th.... Speak with Plants 13th.. Locate Creature 17th.. Commune with Nature You can cast each of these spells once without expending a spell slot. Once you cast a spell in this way, you can't do so again until you finish a long rest.[/ooc], [ooc=Extra Attack]Beginning at 5th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.[/ooc] [b]Subclass:[/b] Horizon Walker [ooc=Detect Portal]At 3rd level, you gain the ability to magically sense the presence of a planar portal. As an action, you detect the distance and direction to the closest planar portal within 1 mile of you. Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest. See the "Planar Travel" section in chapter 2 of the Dungeon Master's Guide for examples of planar portals.[/ooc], [ooc=Planar Warrior] At 3rd level, you learn to draw on the energy of the multiverse to augment your attacks. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.[/ooc] [ooc=Stellar Blessing]While in a critical health state (below 50% HP) you may trigger stellar blessing through the following options no action required. You may use each option once per short or long rest: • If you miss with an attack roll, or miss with a saving throw, you can add 2d4 to the roll. • If you are being healed add your character level times 5 to the amount restored. • If you are about to be hit by an attack increase your AC by 5[/ooc]

AC 16 HP 52 Speed 35ft

Attacks
Longbow +1 +10 1d8+5
Rapier +7 1d8+4

Background Folk Hero
- Rustic Hospitality

ASI & Feats +2 Dex

- Ability Score Increase , Darkvision , Natural Tracker , Keen Senses . Wisping , Mark the wisps

- Favored Foe , Canny , Roving , Fighting style(Archery) , Spellcasting , Primal Awareness , Extra Attack

Stellar Blessing

Name
wisdom saving through
1d20+3 20
shot 1 sharpshooter 
1d20+5 16
shot 2 sharpshooter
1d20+5 18
damage on shot one all force damage
1d8+1d8+1d6+15 5,1,2
damage for shot two piercing damage vs scrapper
1d8+15 3

• 2 weeks later...

spacer.pngKronk

Today is not Kronk's day. Sleepy's fatigue proves infectious and Kronk suddenly regrets staying up for the dance-a-thon. The man is soon snoring standing up, both shoulder angel and devil unable to shake him from his magical slumber.

Name
Wisdom Save
1d20+4 7

• 4 weeks later...

Merida manages to keep from yawning and advances towards Phantom Blot, and with a focused aim sends an energy arrow right at him and it hits (-49/???) she then shoots Scapper 1 and turns it into ink. Upon Phantom Blot being hit a shimmer occurs over the possessed dwarves

Kronk is asleep

Happy and Dopey move towards Doc and Kronk and Happy attempts to wake up Doc

Grumpy picks himself up and glares at the two possessed dwarves "quit fooling around you two, can't ya see he's controlling you."

Sneezy sniffs as he wipes his nose "can't... do much... about it..." He stated "he's too strong."

Grumpy huffed "too strong huh. I'll show him too strong. Pete, Yichan" He advanced towards Phantom Blot getting between the two scrappers blocking the path

The two scrappers attempt to attack Grumpy however Pete quick to step up and smashes one with a fist knocking it back and Yichan slams one with a palm stunning it. "Got your back Grump." Pete grunted 

Phantom Blot looks at Grumpy "you couldn't hit me if you wanted to dwarf. You don't got the stuff."

Grumpy huffed "maybe not with all that darkness around you but I think I know how to get rid of it. "Dopey!"

Dopey made a noise as he turned attentive.

"Throw the entire pouch of them shiny stones into this here ink pool."

Dopey made a noise then held up the pouch as if to question the order.

"yeah, the whole thing."

Dopey made a noise of affirmation and ran over and threw it, 

The pouch went into the ink and sunk into it.

For a moment nothing happened

Phantom Blot laughed "nice try, but it didn't work."

Grumpy crossed his arm "oh come on you bag of stones activate."

A light rumble was felt, then shimmering occurred as a large glowing bubble started forming until it formed a dwarf sized bubble. 

"Uh oh..." Pete muttered then grinned "I think I know what happens next." He summoned up his energy shield

Phantom grunted "no..."

Grumpy huffed "Phantom, get out of our mine." He shouted then hit the bubble with his pickax,

A massive explosion of radiant power surged out engulfing everyone and everything went white then black.

~~~

When people came to, they were still inside the mine, but Phantom Blot and his dark pool were nowhere to be seen. Instead in his place was a pile of gemsstones both glowing and darkened. The dwarves were all there, but only Happy Dopey and Grumpy were alert. 

Pete groaned in a daze then laughed lightly as he was on his back "way to blow things out of water Grump." He commented. 

Grumpy huffed "well it got rid of him didn't it."

Pete chuckled as he picked himself up and dusted himself off "oh I'm sure he's off licking his wounds in a nice dark place that hasn't been blasted by light magic. I doubt he'll be back anytime soon, he's never one to do the same scheming plot twice which means your mining operation should be back to normal soon possibly even better with those new magestones in it"

Grumpy huffed as he walked over to the pile of stones. "You're talking about these things."

Pete hummed "yep." He frowned slightly "although looks like some of them have been tainted by Phantom Blots power. You might want to be careful with those."

Grumpy hummed "I think we'll have to call Merlin."

Merlin poofed in "Someone say my name." He looked around "oh my, this is not good." He looked at Pete "I hope you didn't have a hand in this Pete."

"a hand?" Pete echoed then chuckled "well maybe I lent one to the dwarves to help deal with a certain Phantom Blot but other then that I been on good behavior."

Merlin grunted "Phantom Blot... he was here." 

Pete chuckled "yep, he was Merlin," He tossed Merlin the mage stone he had "trying to tap into a source of power before everyone else got their mitts on it." 

Merlin caught the stone with a mage hand spell "oh dear me... these aren't supposed to be here yet... why have they showed up now."

Pete hummed "can't say for sure, but Blot's the phantom thief that been messing with the dwarves and stealing their mined gems, Almost tried to take control of several of them too to make them dig until their deaths. Had the heroes not show up you could have had at least 4 of them six feet under or worse."

Grumpy huffed 

Pete chuckled "but the heroes and I managed to put an end to that."

Merlin exhaled "I suppose a thank you to you is in order Pete."

Pete grinned "ah just doing my part Merlin, got to keep things in order and if I line my pockets at the same time that's just fine with me."

"Line your pockets?" Merlin muttered "with what."

Pete chuckled "my mining investments." He looked at Grumpy "Oy Grump, you want a shaft over in the next hill that got good stones, I'm willing to make a deal with ya, whatever you dig out of there I'll split the profits with ya fifty/fifty,"

Grumpy frowned "how deep have you gone."

Pete hummed "deep enough that you could be working out gems for months and still not clear them all out. All I need is some on site management of the place, you in?"

Grumpy hummed "We'll talk later."

Pete chuckled "fair enough, I'll hang around my mine for the time being, got nothing better to do." He turned to walk out "later heroes." He called as he walked off

AC: 18 |  HP: 52/52 |  PP: 19 |  Speed: 35ft |  SpellsLvl I - 4/4 , Lvl II - 2/2 | Hunter's mark 0/1 | Misty Step 1/1 | Detect Portals 1/1 | Favoured Foe 2/3 | Wisping 1/1 | Mark of the Wisps 1/1

"..." Merida scowled, having hoped for the opportunity to finish off the blotface herself. Walking over to Kronk she crouched beside him and plugged his nose until he woke.

"No the time to be sleeping, ya? Merlin's here."

Mechanics:

Statblock

AC 16 HP 52 Speed 35ft

Attacks
Longbow +1 +10 1d8+5
Rapier +7 1d8+4

Background Folk Hero
- Rustic Hospitality

ASI & Feats +2 Dex

Stellar Blessing

spacer.pngKronk

At first, the dreams are dark and unpleasant. Then, like the clouds parting to let in the light of the heavens, Kronk feels himself light as a feather, flying. Such is his interpretation of suddenly being blown back by the explosion of light magic.

Once the lack of oxygen becomes apparent, Kronk gasps awake in surprise. "What happened? Did we... did we win?"

• 2 weeks later...

Grumpy huffed "I guess you could call it that. After we threw a mass of bright stones into the dark pool, the erupting light caused that Phantom to be dealt with" He glared in the direction of Pete walking off "but something in my bones tells me this is just the start of something.

Doc came too followed by the other dwarves

Doc looked at Merlin "Merlin..." He groaned "we got some nad bews er bad news, our mine was attacked by a fiend calling himself Phantom Blot

Merlin hummed "I am aware Doc, and I've also been made aware of some disturbing developments." He picked up a mage stone "these Mage Stones, they weren't supposed to be discovered yet.

Doc blinked "Why not

Merlin hummed "Mage stones are a source of magical power, however without proper regulation, the use of magic could spread even to those who normally wouldn't be able to wield magic causing danger to increase for all."

Doc hummed "and in the future regulation would already exist?"

Merlin hummed "in a manner of speaking." He exhaled "but I suppose due to the nature of this world and possibly even the use of that, no one not even I can predict when something will happen now." He shook his head "not good, not good at all."

Grumpy huffed "so what now Merlin you want us to bury them and pretend we don't find them or what."

Merlin hummed "no I think the damage has been done so pack what you have found and have it brought to the mage towers for storage. I'll have to inform the council of this development and see what they want to be done. As it is they are concerned with the idea that the Sundial of Cronus is not under academy protection, Triton was enraged and was quick to suggest that it was the handy work of his sister Ursula knowing full well that sea witch has the capability to use the Sundial for her own use." He exhaled "perhaps what I saw in my dreams will come to pass after all."

Grumpy huffed "and what is that Merlin."

"Storms causing destruction, tides of rising water, kingdoms consumed by wildfire, shadowy dark creatures attacking people," Merlin made an exhale "in simple terms Grumpy a lot of natural disasters and other incidents bring brought about by unnatural means or at least amplified by magic."

Grumpy growled "great as if I didn't have enough of an ache in my bones." He grunted "any idea when this is going to occur."

Merlin hummed "I can't say and I don't dare try to predict." He looked at Merida and Kronk "Your efforts here may not seem like much but I'm sure you got a few dwarves thankful for your assistance."

Doc made a noise "yes, we are, thank you."

~~~ End of Adventure ~~~

~~~ Story Peek - Tidal Tribulations ~~~

In the seacoast kingdom at night, a recently crowned queen Ariel is in her bedroom brushing her hair in front of a mirror getting ready for sleep when she looks away for a moment only to look in the mirror and gasps as she sees a curvy fair skinned dark brown-haired young woman with a seashell conch around her neck in the reflection standing a few feet behind her when there hasn't been someone there before.

"Before you yell out for help." The woman quickly stated "I come in peace."

"What are you doing here... Ursula..." Ariel moaned in fright

The woman smiles and lightly laughs at the fear as she approaches and wraps her hands and arms around Ariel's shoulders like a parent would a child and the reflection shifts image to show the Sea Witch in all her glory while the disguise is maintained in reality "We need to talk my dear, about a group of plotting villains and what lengths they will go to get what they want. I'm sure if you want to protect what you have gained, you might be willing to make a deal."

Ariel blinked