Adventure 2: Dwarfed by a phantom thief?

spacer.pngKronk

HP: 56/56 | Initiative: +1 | Perception: +1 | Stealth: +1 | Armor Class: 19

While Kronk disapproves of Grumpy's ready application of violence, at least Doc also seems to have misgivings.

In the mine, Kronk struggles to suppress a shudder at the mention of ink. That couldn't possibly be a good thing in a mine... His fingers gesture in prayer before light emanates from his breastplate. "I'm not exactly a fan of the dark, but I can manage..."

The ink turns out to be nothing compared to Happy's macabre cheer. Kronk will likely have nightmares even if they make it through this. A ghost appearing behind the dwarf is almost a strange comfort as it reinforces the idea that Happy's fatalistic workaholic mindset is not his own.

Edited by Prehysterical (see edit history)
Name
Initiative
1d20+1 11

spacer.pngYichan Su | Variant Human Monk (Way of Open Hand) 6

AC 17 | HP 51/51 | Speed 55ft | PP 16 | Init +6 | Ki 6/6

Yichan sighs. Why can't the ghosts be more like her ancestors and just enjoy their afterlife? Sure, the spirits of her ancestors still watch over her and perhaps show up in her dreams ever so often, but never would they come and possess her.

As they don't have an exorcist, they will have to resort to the old-fashion way. She clenches her fist and gets ready to attack.

Name
Initiative
1d20+6 12

R.jpg.2ca289fdf72caaacb64a030887b89370.jpg

Princess Merida of DunBroch - Character Sheet | Application

AC: 18 |  HP: 52/52 |  PP: 19 |  Speed: 35ft |  Spells: Lvl I 4/4 , Lvl II 2/2 

Adjusting her goggles, she leveled her bow at the grinning dwarf. "Aye, you can never trust anyone who smiles so much... it just ain't right."

Mechanics:

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2685197]Princess Merida of Dunbroch[/url][/b] [i][ooc=Human]Wildhunt Shifter[/ooc] Ranger 6 Chaotic Good[/i] [b]AC[/b] 16 [b]HP[/b] 52 [b]Speed[/b] 35ft [b]Str[/b] 12 (1) [b]Dex[/b] 18 (4) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 16 (3) [b]Int[/b] 8 (-1) [b]Cha[/b] 10 (0) [b]Attacks[/b] [b]Longbow +1[/b] +10 1d8+5 [b]Rapier[/b] +7 1d8+4 [b]Shortsword(Highland Dirk)[/b] +7 1d6+4 [b][/b] [b][/b] [b]Background[/b] Folk Hero - [ooc=Rustic Hospitality]Since you come from the ranks of the common folk, you fit in among them with ease. You can find a place to hide, rest, or recuperate among other commoners, unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them. They will shield you from the law or anyone else searching for you, though they will not risk their lives for you.[/ooc] [b]ASI & Feats[/b] +2 Dex - [ooc=Fey touched]Misty step and Hunter's Mark free to cast 1/day, and added to spell list[/ooc], [ooc=Sharpshooter]Attacking at long range doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged weapon attack rolls. Your ranged weapon attacks ignore half and three-quarters cover. Before you make an attack with a ranged weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If that attack hits, you add +10 to the attack's damage.[/ooc] [b]Race:[/b] Wispbound Human(Wildhunt Shifter) - [ooc=Ability Score Increase] Your Wisdom score increases by 2, Dexterity increase by 1[/ooc], [ooc=Darkvision]You have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.[/ooc], [ooc=Natural Tracker]You have proficiency in the Survival skill.[/ooc], [ooc=Keen Senses]You have proficiency in the Perception skill.[/ooc]. [ooc=Wisping]As a bonus action, you can assume power from the will-o-wisps. Your eyes glow blue and a feint aura surrounds you as you are protected by fate. This transformation lasts for 1 minute, until you die, or until you revert to your normal appearance as a bonus action. When you shift, you gain temporary hit points equal to your level + your Constitution modifier (minimum of 1 temporary hit point). While shifted, you have advantage on Wisdom checks. Once you shift, you can’t do so again until you finish a short or long rest[/ooc], [ooc=Mark the wisps]As a bonus action, you can mark one creature you can see within 10 feet of you. Until the end of your next long rest, your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make to find the marked creature, and you always know the location of that creature if it is within 60 feet of you. You can't use this trait again until you finish a short or long rest.[/ooc] [b]Class:[/b] Ranger - [ooc=Favored Foe]When you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell). The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you increase that damage by 1d6. You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.[/ooc], [ooc=Canny]Choose one of your skill proficiencies(perception). Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make using the chosen skill. You can also speak, read, and write 2 additional languages of your choice[/ooc], [ooc=Roving]Your walking speed increases by 5, and you gain a climbing speed and a swimming speed equal to your walking speed.[/ooc], [ooc=Fighting style(Archery)]You gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls you make with ranged weapons.[/ooc], [ooc=Spellcasting]Spellcasting By the time you reach 2nd level, you have learned to use the magical essence of nature to cast spells, much as a druid does. Spell Slots The Ranger table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your ranger spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these spells, you must expend a slot of the spell's level or higher. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest. For example, if you know the 1st-level spell Animal Friendship and have a 1st-level and a 2nd-level spell slot available, you can cast Animal Friendship using either slot. Spells Known of 1st Level and Higher You know two 1st-level spells of your choice from the ranger spell list. The Spells Known column of the Ranger table shows when you learn more ranger spells of your choice. Each of these spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots. For instance, when you reach 5th level in this class, you can learn one new spell of 1st or 2nd level. Additionally, when you gain a level in this class, you can choose one of the ranger spells you know and replace it with another spell from the ranger spell list, which also must be of a level for which you have spell slots. Spellcasting Ability Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for your ranger spells, since your magic draws on your attunement to nature. You use your Wisdom whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Wisdom modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a ranger spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one. Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier Spellcasting Focus (Optional) At 2nd level, you can use a druidic focus as a spellcasting focus for your ranger spells. A druidic focus might be a sprig of mistletoe or holly, a wand or rod made of yew or another special wood, a staff drawn whole from a living tree, or an object incorporating feathers, fur, bones, and teeth from sacred animals.[/ooc], [ooc=Primal Awareness]You can focus your awareness through the interconnections of nature: you learn additional spells when you reach certain levels in this class if you don't already know them, as shown in the Primal Awareness Spells table. These spells don't count against the number of ranger spells you know. Primal Awareness Spells Ranger Level Spell 3rd.... Speak with Animals 5th.... Beast Sense 9th.... Speak with Plants 13th.. Locate Creature 17th.. Commune with Nature You can cast each of these spells once without expending a spell slot. Once you cast a spell in this way, you can't do so again until you finish a long rest.[/ooc], [ooc=Extra Attack]Beginning at 5th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.[/ooc] [b]Subclass:[/b] Horizon Walker [ooc=Detect Portal]At 3rd level, you gain the ability to magically sense the presence of a planar portal. As an action, you detect the distance and direction to the closest planar portal within 1 mile of you. Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest. See the "Planar Travel" section in chapter 2 of the Dungeon Master's Guide for examples of planar portals.[/ooc], [ooc=Planar Warrior] At 3rd level, you learn to draw on the energy of the multiverse to augment your attacks. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.[/ooc] [ooc=Stellar Blessing]While in a critical health state (below 50% HP) you may trigger stellar blessing through the following options no action required. You may use each option once per short or long rest: • If you miss with an attack roll, or miss with a saving throw, you can add 2d4 to the roll. • If you are being healed add your character level times 5 to the amount restored. • If you are about to be hit by an attack increase your AC by 5[/ooc]
Princess Merida of Dunbroch
Human Ranger 6 Chaotic Good

AC 16 HP 52 Speed 35ft

Str 12 (1) Dex 18 (4) Con 14 (2) Wis 16 (3) Int 8 (-1) Cha 10 (0)

Attacks
Longbow +1 +10 1d8+5
Rapier +7 1d8+4
Shortsword(Highland Dirk) +7 1d6+4

Background Folk Hero
- Rustic Hospitality

ASI & Feats +2 Dex
- Fey touched , Sharpshooter

Race: Wispbound Human(Wildhunt Shifter)
- Ability Score Increase , Darkvision , Natural Tracker , Keen Senses . Wisping , Mark the wisps

Class: Ranger
- Favored Foe , Canny , Roving , Fighting style(Archery) , Spellcasting , Primal Awareness , Extra Attack

Subclass: Horizon Walker
Detect Portal , Planar Warrior

Stellar Blessing

Name
init
1d20+4 9

The dwarves get the initiative.

Grumpy comes at Happy with a mighty swing of his pickax and although it looked like he was going to hit critically his attack would be blocked by the ghost like entity that was suddenly now in front of Happy guarding him, Grumpy Pickax would deflect off the ghost with a ting almost as if the ghost was parrying the blow.

Grumpy grunted

Happy laughed gleefully "wow Grumpy had I known you would actually turn your own pickax on me the minute I pissed you off..."

Grumpy grunted "get this ghost thing out of my way!" He growled as he attacked two more times but both times the ghost parried the blow

Happy laughed "ah ah ah..." He teased "not today my good dwarf, see my phantom buddy here is going to make sure we all do our jobs, mine is to recruit the rest of you whether you like it or not."

Doc hummed "Dopey stay back,"

Dopey made a light squeak of fright as he cowered behind Doc

Doc pulled out a small crystal and rubbed it with his thumb and it glowed with radiant energy

The ghost seemed to recoil slightly

Happy seemed to notice then gave a look at Doc "hey what you got there Doc..."

Doc hummed "a little something Merlin gave me... he says it's useful against ghosts and other undead creatures. Something about positive energy." He took aim with the stone "see how your phantom likes this." He threw the stone

The stone seemed to come up short missing Happy and the Phantom

Happy grinned "you missed..."

Doc smiled "did I?"

The stone erupted with a blast of radiant light

The Phantom made an inhuman wail as parts of it's being was vaporized off of it almost like the light was burning it up and when the light dimmed down Phantom was looking like it had several holes in it's being and it was looking weakened

Happy made a noise "hey what did you."

Doc hummed "Merlin was right, our phantom is indeed made of negativity... positive energy burns it away making it weak." He looked at the group "I think I took care of his personalized shield everyone. He should be able to be hit now."

Happy frowned "you may have weaken him but I can still take you all on..." He growled as his pickax surged with energy and he struck Grumpy

Grumpy grunted as he took a hit then huffed "that all you got?"

Happy looked at Guardian then frowned "shoot... did that stone also incapacitate him."

Grumpy huffed "attack!" He called out to the others

~~~

Players are up

It was flurry of dwarven fury as Grumpy laid into the smiling lunatic, but the ghost seemed to be providing more cover than the angry mad man could deal with. "Maybe I can help with ghosty mcfloatface."

Her words came quick, and two arrows followed fast behind, one at the ghost. The first arrow's form phased out of reality, leaving only its spiritual form behind, a glowing bolt of force flying at the incorporeal enemy.

Mechanics:
Bonus action: Planar warrior, next time I hit all damage is force damage and +1d8
Action: Attack ghost with sharpshooter
Non-Action: favored foe the ghost for an extra d6 if I hit

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2685197]Princess Merida of Dunbroch[/url][/b] [i][ooc=Human]Wildhunt Shifter[/ooc] Ranger 6 Chaotic Good[/i] [b]AC[/b] 16 [b]HP[/b] 52 [b]Speed[/b] 35ft [b]Str[/b] 12 (1) [b]Dex[/b] 18 (4) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 16 (3) [b]Int[/b] 8 (-1) [b]Cha[/b] 10 (0) [b]Attacks[/b] [b]Longbow +1[/b] +10 1d8+5 [b]Rapier[/b] +7 1d8+4 [b]Shortsword(Highland Dirk)[/b] +7 1d6+4 [b][/b] [b][/b] [b]Background[/b] Folk Hero - [ooc=Rustic Hospitality]Since you come from the ranks of the common folk, you fit in among them with ease. You can find a place to hide, rest, or recuperate among other commoners, unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them. They will shield you from the law or anyone else searching for you, though they will not risk their lives for you.[/ooc] [b]ASI & Feats[/b] +2 Dex - [ooc=Fey touched]Misty step and Hunter's Mark free to cast 1/day, and added to spell list[/ooc], [ooc=Sharpshooter]Attacking at long range doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged weapon attack rolls. Your ranged weapon attacks ignore half and three-quarters cover. Before you make an attack with a ranged weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If that attack hits, you add +10 to the attack's damage.[/ooc] [b]Race:[/b] Wispbound Human(Wildhunt Shifter) - [ooc=Ability Score Increase] Your Wisdom score increases by 2, Dexterity increase by 1[/ooc], [ooc=Darkvision]You have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.[/ooc], [ooc=Natural Tracker]You have proficiency in the Survival skill.[/ooc], [ooc=Keen Senses]You have proficiency in the Perception skill.[/ooc]. [ooc=Wisping]As a bonus action, you can assume power from the will-o-wisps. Your eyes glow blue and a feint aura surrounds you as you are protected by fate. This transformation lasts for 1 minute, until you die, or until you revert to your normal appearance as a bonus action. When you shift, you gain temporary hit points equal to your level + your Constitution modifier (minimum of 1 temporary hit point). While shifted, you have advantage on Wisdom checks. Once you shift, you can’t do so again until you finish a short or long rest[/ooc], [ooc=Mark the wisps]As a bonus action, you can mark one creature you can see within 10 feet of you. Until the end of your next long rest, your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make to find the marked creature, and you always know the location of that creature if it is within 60 feet of you. You can't use this trait again until you finish a short or long rest.[/ooc] [b]Class:[/b] Ranger - [ooc=Favored Foe]When you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell). The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you increase that damage by 1d6. You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.[/ooc], [ooc=Canny]Choose one of your skill proficiencies(perception). Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make using the chosen skill. You can also speak, read, and write 2 additional languages of your choice[/ooc], [ooc=Roving]Your walking speed increases by 5, and you gain a climbing speed and a swimming speed equal to your walking speed.[/ooc], [ooc=Fighting style(Archery)]You gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls you make with ranged weapons.[/ooc], [ooc=Spellcasting]Spellcasting By the time you reach 2nd level, you have learned to use the magical essence of nature to cast spells, much as a druid does. Spell Slots The Ranger table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your ranger spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these spells, you must expend a slot of the spell's level or higher. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest. For example, if you know the 1st-level spell Animal Friendship and have a 1st-level and a 2nd-level spell slot available, you can cast Animal Friendship using either slot. Spells Known of 1st Level and Higher You know two 1st-level spells of your choice from the ranger spell list. The Spells Known column of the Ranger table shows when you learn more ranger spells of your choice. Each of these spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots. For instance, when you reach 5th level in this class, you can learn one new spell of 1st or 2nd level. Additionally, when you gain a level in this class, you can choose one of the ranger spells you know and replace it with another spell from the ranger spell list, which also must be of a level for which you have spell slots. Spellcasting Ability Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for your ranger spells, since your magic draws on your attunement to nature. You use your Wisdom whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Wisdom modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a ranger spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one. Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier Spellcasting Focus (Optional) At 2nd level, you can use a druidic focus as a spellcasting focus for your ranger spells. A druidic focus might be a sprig of mistletoe or holly, a wand or rod made of yew or another special wood, a staff drawn whole from a living tree, or an object incorporating feathers, fur, bones, and teeth from sacred animals.[/ooc], [ooc=Primal Awareness]You can focus your awareness through the interconnections of nature: you learn additional spells when you reach certain levels in this class if you don't already know them, as shown in the Primal Awareness Spells table. These spells don't count against the number of ranger spells you know. Primal Awareness Spells Ranger Level Spell 3rd.... Speak with Animals 5th.... Beast Sense 9th.... Speak with Plants 13th.. Locate Creature 17th.. Commune with Nature You can cast each of these spells once without expending a spell slot. Once you cast a spell in this way, you can't do so again until you finish a long rest.[/ooc], [ooc=Extra Attack]Beginning at 5th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.[/ooc] [b]Subclass:[/b] Horizon Walker [ooc=Detect Portal]At 3rd level, you gain the ability to magically sense the presence of a planar portal. As an action, you detect the distance and direction to the closest planar portal within 1 mile of you. Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest. See the "Planar Travel" section in chapter 2 of the Dungeon Master's Guide for examples of planar portals.[/ooc], [ooc=Planar Warrior] At 3rd level, you learn to draw on the energy of the multiverse to augment your attacks. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.[/ooc] [ooc=Stellar Blessing]While in a critical health state (below 50% HP) you may trigger stellar blessing through the following options no action required. You may use each option once per short or long rest: • If you miss with an attack roll, or miss with a saving throw, you can add 2d4 to the roll. • If you are being healed add your character level times 5 to the amount restored. • If you are about to be hit by an attack increase your AC by 5[/ooc]

AC 16 HP 52 Speed 35ft

Attacks
Longbow +1 +10 1d8+5
Rapier +7 1d8+4

Background Folk Hero
- Rustic Hospitality

ASI & Feats +2 Dex

- Ability Score Increase , Darkvision , Natural Tracker , Keen Senses . Wisping , Mark the wisps

- Favored Foe , Canny , Roving , Fighting style(Archery) , Spellcasting , Primal Awareness , Extra Attack

Stellar Blessing

Name
attack vs ghost
1d20+5 14
all force damage
2d8+1d6+15 1,8,4
attack2 vs ghost
1d20+5 5

spacer.pngKronk

Kronk hates to see brothers fight... He decides to get right to the root of the problem. As he surges forward toward Happy, Kronk pulls out some powdered silver from a pouch and puts his hand gently on Happy's shoulder.

"Happy, come on, buddy, this isn't you. Snap out of it," Kronk encourages him.

Show this

Kronk moves and casts Protection from Evil and Good on Happy. This will give him advantage on saving throws to overcome the effects of throwing off possession.

Merida force arrow dealt a nice blow to the phantom miner that was already weakened.

Kronk's casting of the protection spell around the 'possessed' dwarf seemed to cause some sort of electrical reaction

Happy made a noise of struggling not so much against Kronk's spell but against the possession

A black surge occurred as divine magic surged around Happy and he let out a yell of pain and white light exploded from within him and the black ghost was vaporized and a clinking sound was heard as something dropped from Happy.

Happy made an exhausted noise "ugh what a headache." He moaned

Doc hummed "Happy are you alright."

Happy hummed "I think so... ugh but feels like my head got a rock dropped on it."

Doc hummed as he looked at Kronk and Merida "nice work... especially you Mr. Kronk whatever you used seemed to get Happy back to right mind."

Name
Wisdom Save vs Possession
drop(2d20,lowest,1)+2 8,16

spacer.pngKronk

Relief washes over Kronk as the demons are exorcised. The mines are clear... for now. Kronk brushes off the compliment humbly.

"It's like I always say... sometimes, you just gotta talk."

"Oh hells, I think I'm gonna throw up," an unseen shoulder devil complains.

The big man kneels down, which still causes him to tower over the recovering dwarf. "Hey Happy, I think you've had a pretty rough day. Probably dehydrated and all that. How 'bout a drink, huh?"

Kronk offers his bottle of endless coffee to Happy, clearly more concerned with the dwarf's welfare than whatever object he might have dropped.

Happy got a smile at the offer of a drink and put down his pickax "oh thank you, my throat does feel parched." He took a long drink and the smile on his face and his body became so relaxed you would think he had just fallen into a hot bath "ah... just like the brew Snow White makes for us when we first head off."

Grumpy grunted "drinks aside, Happy where are the others."

"others..." Happy questioned then he looked around noted it was just the four of them and the heroes "uh you know for the likes of me I can't remember... all I can remember is..." His voice trailed off then his expression turned shocked "Phantom!" He shouted "Phantom came to the mine,"

Grumpy grunted "we got the idea. We've been dealing with weird monsters, patrolling the outside went in then found some strange ink dousing the lights and then you came out all happy that we had come saying something about making us work to death like the others then the Phantom showed up seemingly possessing you and seemed to be on your side blocking anything from hitting you but then Doc pulled out a weird crystal that exploded with light."

Happy hummed then made a noise "that right, Phantom said that we uncovered something that was needed and that he wanted more of them a lot more and he wanted us to dig for them" He hummed "but what was it..."

"I talk with mah bow, an that shot said goodbye to the ghosty... but you'll have a hard job convincin' anyone that yammerin's better than hammerin'. Your words only works because of tha we bit o' magic ye put in 'em. T'was good magic tha', but nigh was it anything less than magic." She declared as Kronk went on about how all they needed to do was flap their lips, and speaking of yammering, Happy seemed to be doing his own share of it as he tried to puzzle out loud what the ghosts were looking for. The princess however, had the answer:

"I'm bettin it was some sorta rock." Said Merida, rather sure of herself.

Mechanics:

Statblock

AC 16 HP 52 Speed 35ft

Attacks
Longbow +1 +10 1d8+5
Rapier +7 1d8+4

Background Folk Hero
- Rustic Hospitality

ASI & Feats +2 Dex

Stellar Blessing

"some sort of rock." Happy echoed then made a noise "You're right it was a rock... specifically it was that glowing mystery rock we mined out last week but then Phantom attacked and swiped it."

Grumpy made a noise of confusion "that glowing rock? What so special about that."

"I'll tell you what so special about it..." A loud boisterous voice stated from behind the group.

When the group turned they would face a massive dog or cat faced man in some purplish-blue armor.

Doc grunted "Pete?"

Grumpy grunted "You!" He raised his pickax "I bet you're the one behind this."

"Put down your pickax Grump." Pete grunted "I ain't here to pick a fight with you and I told you before I ain't your thief!"

Grumpy growled "yeah? Then what are ya doing here."

"Well if you really must know..." Pete stated, "I came to help you make a discovery and keep things in order see."

Grumpy scoffed "no I don't see. What are you talking about?"

Pete scoffed "I'm talking about this" He pulled out a glowing purple rock

Grumpy grunted "that's the glowing stone we mined before."

Doc blinked for a moment then approached "Mr. Pete may I."

"go ahead..." Pete stated

Doc pulled out his jeweler lens and looked at the stone while holding his lit-up stone over it "no Grumpy this isn't the stone we mined, this one different in both shape and edges."

"Aye... pulled it out of me own mineshaft in the hill one over." Pete stated "This whole mountain loaded with them."

"but what are they." Doc muttered as he put away his tool.

"Magestones." Pete muttered "or at least that's what I was told by my employer who sent me here to find and mine. Supposedly you can use them to fuel magical rituals and spells. Any Wizard or Sorcerer worth their meddle would love to have a supply of these beauties on hand and would pay their weight in gold for a pile and any magical creature who uses magic would enjoy having them as well." He chuckled "pretty nifty for something that not supposed to be discovered yet aye?"

"huh" Grumpy grunted "what do you mean by that."

Pete chuckled "oh let's just say my employer has told me that this mountain is marked in the near future as a massive source of them to be bought by almost everyone who uses magic and their discovery is going to be a great one that will enhance the use of magic throughout the kingdoms and she wants to make sure that certain people don't get their hands on them before the right time otherwise some very nasty hijinks is going to be occurring, just like it be with that sundial that got swiped recently." He growled "well this time no one going to alter fate not while ole Pete has a say in things." He then looked and saw a black stone "oh..." He picked it up "uh huh... he is here... just like she said"

"who..." Grumpy and Doc asked

"Phantom Blot..." Pete stated "an old rival of mine who had big dreams of villainy that I can respect, supposedly discovered some sort of substance that looks and acts like ink but it's a mind-altering poison that corrupts even the kindest of hearts. I've heard rumors he's back and as bad as ever." He looked ahead "betcha he's making your pals dig up magestones as we speak."

Grumpy grunted "then what are we standing around for come on, we got to stop that villain!"

spacer.pngKronk

Merida's own shots seemed to be magic when they hit the ghost, so part of Kronk wonders if she has any room to talk... or would it be "fight", according to her own sentiments?

That ripe field for argumentation between his shoulder angel and shoulder devil quickly became irrelevant as an unfortunately familiar face made his presence known. Pete... Why did he have to be here? That was never a good sign. All this mining activity sounds highly illegal, but it's not like Kronk is any kind of legal authority. "Phantom Blot", however, is a name that he does not recognize. Sounds like bad news... well, new bad news. But wait, didn't Pete say that he was "back"? Even as a part-time evil lackey, Kronk has difficulty following all the villain politics.

"I'm right behind you, Grumpy," Kronk tells the dwarf, for once in agreement. As a quick aside, Kronk looks at Pete and weighs whether to ask just who the cat is working for. Unfortunately, there's just not enough time to work Pete until his big mouth slips.

"We're still on for the Char-Black Out-Back Villain's Barbecue, right?"

"I dennay have a wee clue s'goin on, but y'ave meh bow!" She said chasing after them.

Mechanics:

Statblock

AC 16 HP 52 Speed 35ft

Attacks
Longbow +1 +10 1d8+5
Rapier +7 1d8+4

Background Folk Hero
- Rustic Hospitality

ASI & Feats +2 Dex

Stellar Blessing

With Grumpy in the lead the group headed deeper into the mine. However Kronk's question about the villain's barbecue caused Pete to pause for a moment then as the others ran ahead slightly he got close to Kronk to talk lowly.

"eh... seems like things are falling apart. Hook and his crew being called out to sea along with half the main cast of villains lair sailing on Prince Hans ship heading to Morva to find something big and Grimhilde also being a sour pill and seems to be ever since the Sea Witch and the Shadow Man one upped her, so I don't think we'll be having it. It's a shame too, I was really looking forward to it." He grunted "ah but that's the cost of being only a minion am I right."

~~~

The group would come to an opened up part of the mine and people could hear the continuous ringing of pickaxes against rock, Doc stopped the group for a moment at the mouth of the tunnel.

"that's it half pints, keep finding those rocks. Soon I'll have enough to regain my full strength." A suave male voice stated "then the real fun can begin."

Inside the opening area about center was a man dressed in a full black flowing robe and hood, The other dwarves were working like controlled zombies

Grumpy growled as Pete and Kronk caught up to the group, "that him..." he lowly asked Pete

Pete hummed "black flowing robe, hood up..." he stated lowly "yep that should be Phantom Blot and it looks like he's got your friends under his command so if you're going to fight now your chance to catch him off guard

~~~

Boss Enemy detected, what do you do players

• 3 weeks later...

AC: 18 |  HP: 52/52 |  PP: 19 |  Speed: 35ft |  Spells: Lvl I 4/4 , Lvl II 2/2 | Hunter's mark 0/1 | Misty Step 1/1

Starring for a half a second at the back of the villain known as the Phantom Blot, Merida did as she promised and let her bow do the talking. A few quiet words left her mouth as she set her sights on her quarry, and let a bolt fly.

Mechanics:

Bonus Action: Hunter's Mark on Phantom Blot
Action: Attack Blot twice using sharp shooter

Statblock

AC 16 HP 52 Speed 35ft

Attacks
Longbow +1 +10 1d8+5
Rapier +7 1d8+4

Background Folk Hero
- Rustic Hospitality

ASI & Feats +2 Dex

Stellar Blessing

Name
initiative
1d20+4 9
Attack 1
1d20+5 19
Attack 2
1d20+5 14
Damage 1
1d8+1d6+15 7,6