Leveling Up - General Questions

cailano

So, judging by no special effects, rings (or at least one Molly was wearing) is not magical? Molly and Lyra did not use there swords but were wearing them with no effects either. And Lyra did not feel anything about her cloak...

Can we decide there was enough time at some point for Thugnar to identify the potion?

25 minutes ago, cailano said:

The rings, cloak, and swords are non-magical items.

But that doesn't mean they don't have their secrets...

Quick, pop the gems out of the rings! Strip the cloak and search the inside of the fabric! Break open the sword hilts!

spacer.png

One more general question about levelling (don't remember it being mentioned): suppose a character dies and there is no spare character yet, what level will be the new one? Will it start at the same level as the current party?

3 hours ago, Dixi said:

One more general question about levelling (don't remember it being mentioned): suppose a character dies and there is no spare character yet, what level will be the new one? Will it start at the same level as the current party?

I think that would be the way to go. From what I've read, each level in DCC is more like two levels in something like Pathfinder.

I am pretty swamped at work today, I most likely will not get to work On Molly until Monday. GM I wanted to level up bar and see what he looked like as a level one PC but I guess I wont get the chance. so I will go with Molly and add in the skills as I can. 

7 hours ago, Excior said:

I am pretty swamped at work today, I most likely will not get to work On Molly until Monday. GM I wanted to level up bar and see what he looked like as a level one PC but I guess I wont get the chance. so I will go with Molly and add in the skills as I can. 

You've got some time. I'm a little behind with getting the game ready and it will probably be a few days until we start it up.

Helge Haisley, Lawful

1st level Cleric Occupation: Healer

Strength: 7 (-1)
Agility: 13 (+1)
Stamina: 12 (0) - 1 = 11
Personality: 13 (+1)
Intelligence: 8 (-1)
Luck: 8 (0) + 2 = 10

AC: 11; HP: 3 + 5 = 8
Weapon: none
Speed: 30; Init: 0; Ref: +1; Fort: +1; Will: +2

Equipment: Holy symbol (25 gp)
Trade good: none
Starting Funds: 37 cp
Lucky sign: Struck by lightning (Reflex saving throws) (0)
Languages: Common

Cleric:

Attack +0

Crit Die/Table: 1d8/III

Action Dice: 1d20

Ref: +0

Fort: +1

Will: +1

Four (4) first-level spells

Edited by Tecumseh (see edit history)
Name
Cleric Level 1 HP
1d8 5
Luck
1d4 3
Zero to Hero (Stamina, currently 12)
3d6 1,1,1

On 5/5/2023 at 8:00 PM, cailano said:

You've got some time. I'm a little behind with getting the game ready and it will probably be a few days until we start it up.

I had to  take a company car to the dealer ship 40 miles away this morning. I got back around 3:00 PM so Not enough time to work on the sheet. I will catch up on all the posts and hopefully can work on it tomorrow.

Sounds good. My Mondays have been pretty rough at work lately, and I've got some additional work pressures over the next couple of weeks. My posting rate is probably going to slow a bit, but I'm trying to clear time in the evenings.