Officers Lounge (OoC)

TiffanyKorta

2 hours ago, Gris said:

This game doesn't need a doctor. Please continue without my character.

@Gris, I'm sorry to hear that. Do what you feel is best, of course, but I have a feeling that soon we will need a medical officer if a landing party is going to be formed to investigate the source of the alien probe. If you do consider staying, what you might try to do is create some supporting characters -- nurses, doctors, crewmen -- with whom you can interact while waiting for the order from the captain and the XO. That's what I've been doing.

Another possibility is for you to wander up to the bridge which is where all of the action takes place. You're the CMO -- you may want to check and see if anybody up there is not handling the stress very well.

Or you could join Sandira and Ginny in Engineering while we're working on the probe. Maybe you could help us calibrate the medical sensors to properly conduct an acetylcholine test!

Please do reconsider.

@Gris I play a Doctor in another STA game, and I have found out that the Doctor role is one where the player needs to be the most proactive player in the game. This is one of those things that is not apparent and something I had to figure out along with my GM over a year of play. Also unfortunate in the other shows besides TOS that the Doctors also faced the same "Scene Equity" dilemma compared to the other characters.

But all of @artsmythe's suggestions are good ones.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, GleefulNihilism said:

...I thought we were waiting on you.

Now I'm confused, but glad that we're moving.

My apologies. The scene between Sandira and Ginny was completed and the probe was launched. The results of its scans were described by @TiffanyKorta. However, you’re certainly welcome to join Ginny in Engineering for a cup of cappuccino!

Edited by artsmythe (see edit history)

Well the bridge and engineering have the telemetry data, so it's just a case of someone working out how to bypass the planetary shield and we can get to the landing party. I've been trying to balance giving you all the information and working thing out yourself, so let me know if I've missed the mark in some way.

1 minute ago, mykesfree said:

It sounds like more work for the Engineering and Science team. @artsmythe where do you want to do the next scene? I feel like if it was TNG it would be on the bridge or Engineering. For a TOS and SNW era I am not sure where.

I’m guessing that Ginny would still be in Engineering, but if the Captain or the XO orders her to be part of the Away Team, well, she would have to go, wouldn’t she? And I agree that the Science Officer should be part of the team, but what do I know?

• 2 weeks later...