Officers Lounge (OoC)

TiffanyKorta

So let's start with the basics, what era would you like to play in?

To start with let me tell you my preferences, I'm not interested in any kind of military campaign, so no Romulan, Klingon, or Dominion Wars, I'm open to playing in those era's if people really want to, but it'll be far, far away from where the fighting.

After a week I'll put up a poll of all the eras suggested, once we have a clear favorite we'll go on to discuss the next option, most probably location and/or Starship.

And remember every era is someone's fave, if you don't like an era please be polite about it!

Edited by TiffanyKorta (see edit history)

The late 24th century just after the Star Trek: Nemesis could be pretty interesting. The Dominion War is over, Voyager has returned home, and relations between the Federation and the Romulan Empire are improving.

Maybe we could narrow this down to the three basic Eras of Play suggested in the Core Rulebook, and then select from time periods that don't involve active military campaigns --

• ENTERPRISE -- Roughly the mid-22nd century. (Maybe anything from the launching of the Enterprise NX-01 to before Kirk takes command of the Enterprise NCC-1701?)
  • ORIGINAL SERIES -- Roughly the mid-23rd century. (Maybe anything starting from when Kirk takes command of the Enterprise NCC-1701 up to the launching of the Enterprise NCC-1701-D?)
  • NEXT GENERATION -- Roughly the mid-24th century. (Maybe anything from the launching of the Enterprise NCC-1701-D to the death of Adm. Picard and his subsequent transfer of consciousness to a synthetic body?) 

So it looks like most people are happy with a pre-TOS era, we'll go for 2258 and mix in a little bit of The Cage, SNW and Disco so I can use all the material I have on the era.

Before we go looking for a ship I assume people are happy with the default exploration style of story with a mix of everything?

Edited by TiffanyKorta (see edit history)