Break Out Act 2: Where is Karl Lykos

Gspawn

After an evening prowling around town with the disaster if the Raft starting its rebuilding. Each of you is back at your places where you keep your identities to yourselves. With some level of discretion You all decide in your own right to meet at Statue of Liberty as a group to decide the next action to take going forward. Each of you in your own Right know Karl is a nasty individual to leave unchecked and let loose. Not to mention Widow reminding you all that your still investigated by shield from previous evenings. 

(All Player's: Plot point automatically set back to your starting 1 Plot Point. DOOM POOL: 2d6)  

image.jpeg.8f3a1acdc86ecded28dad334384d8b68.jpegAfter he arrives, Ben Grimm, takes a seat on one of the stone benches. He flips through the newspaper until everyone else arrives, doing his best to ignore the stares and finger-pointing from the tourists. Ain’t never seen a super-hero before…

After everyone else arrives, he folds his newspaper and leaves it for the next guy. Looking at his new teammates, he continues: 

“Ok, I’ll say it. Who is this Lykos guy? I can’t say I’ve ever heard of ‘im.”

Plot Points: 1

Experience: 3

bcprofile.jpg.2892d8806bd71325c9a3e144619d761d.jpg

Felicia was thankful that Widow had let her off the leash once they had finished with things at the Bar With No Name. It allowed her to retrieve the Star of Madripoor and properly wash off the stink of the East River that Hydro-Man had tried to drown them with. 'Bet Nat let me run loose cause she didn't want the stink in her room aboard the Heli-carrier.' She hadn't expected the spy to let her go so easily and she had been right, she had noticed and lost three separate SHIELD agents that were following her once everyone split up. Her various contacts hadn't had much info on the inmate that Electro had busted out, Logan had known him and made reference to him being a mutant possibly but he wasn't exactly the most forth coming with details. She docked the boat that she had "borrowed" and made her way to the base of the state, seeing the Peter and Ben had already beat her there.

The pair appeared to be discussing their quarry. "Nice to know I'm not the only one that doesn't know our guy. Which makes me worried." The whole team thing might have been new for her but Felicia knew enough to know that keeping things to herself was not good for team dynamics. Well, maybe, she could keep some things to herself, nobody was completely open about themself. "You don't earn a place in the Raft from being a nobody which means either Lykos is really good at staying off of everyone's radar or is so far removed from the usual 'tights and fights' stuff that he's a complete unknown."

image.jpeg.8f3a1acdc86ecded28dad334384d8b68.jpeg“Maybe. It might be that I recognize him when I see him. You gotta figure the Mole Man’s parents wrote something different on his birth certificate, but I can’t say I remember what it is. Which is my fault I suppose, he did tell me what it was once, but I was busy clobbering some kinda weird subterranean brute.

"Don't look at me. Evil villain's alter egos isn't one of my areas of study. Now if everyone is ok looking the other way on some...err... creative computer research I could do a little hac... research."

yMa8gUU.jpg

"Logan" The Wolverine

The ferry slid into dock with a grinding groan, ropes and braces biting into aged wood. Wolverine stepped out into the din of late evening bustle, a grim figure amid the crowds. He waited for them to depart, and rendezvoused with the rest of the group later. He wrinkled his nose at the smell of churning harbor waters mingling with diesel fumes, a taste as unpleasant as any he knew. The dull ache in his metal bones, coming storms of trouble.

The statue rose before him, a colossus seemingly striding out across roiling seas. Her torch lifted high, a beacon against the coming gloom. A promise or threat, all depending on where you were placed in the dark. He approached the stone steps and admired the meaning of it all. As he rounded corners and final passerby, he arrives to greet the others.

Logan leaned against the railing, his hands tense around the metal bars as he watched the final moments of the setting sun, wind whipping against his mask.

"I've tangled with that beast before," he growled. He turned to face the rest, "Karl Lykos, they call him Sauron. He's an old foe of mine. He's got the power to drain the life out of you. Can turn into a monster straight out of the prehistoric era. He's a savage, plan and simple. Strong, fast, big, smarter than he looks, too."

His body coiled tight as he spoke. He paused for a moment, his eyes narrowing as he remembered his last encounter with the villain.

"I had faced him, once. He drained me dry, left me lying in the dirt. I clawed my way back to my feet, fought through the pain, but we ended dead even. He got away. Don't really know much more about him, other that he whooped me and I never got to pay it back."

He nodded towards Pryde, "He's strong. Could take on our whole team if he wanted to. Mark my words, I'll show him what it means to mess with the best."

Milestone: Earn +1 XP when you declare someone as an old friend or an old foe.

image.jpeg.74fff9a6d8fc54b3486eda55e0ac15d8.jpegThe Amazing Spider-Man

Peter Parker, Secret ID

Plot Points: 1, XP: 3

"When you say 'Drain the life out of you' do you mean, like a vampire or like a nagging spouse?" Spider-man asks.  "And any ideas how we take him down?"

Edited by Papa Bear (see edit history)

"Careful, Spider, some of know the missus and she might not take to kindly to the nagging spouse remark." It was a joke, Felicia wasn't planning to cause friction between Peter and MJ but he didn't need to know that. Shadowcat's remark had made it clear that she wasn't the only one willing to break the rules. 'Knew there was a reason I liked her besides the name.' Once Logan finished recounting his history with Lykos, she was beginning to think that maybe she should have cut ties when Natasha had let her go.

"You know, when I'm on the villain side of the line, I had to deal with you guys and the occasional determined cop or private security guard. I play hero and suddenly it's vampiric dinosaur men." The info about how he had nearly killed Wolverine and could fight a team of X-Men solo didn't inspire confidence when she considered that the group she was with could barely be called a team since they had collectively worked together a total of one time. "Don't suppose you know where he usually goes to ground along with those weaknesses that Spider asked about? Really don't feel like a manhunt to start my evening."

image.jpeg.74fff9a6d8fc54b3486eda55e0ac15d8.jpegThe Amazing Spider-Man

Peter Parker, Secret ID

Plot Points: 1, XP: 3

"Woah, hey!" Spider-man responds, quickly.  "I didn't mean my nagging spous... I mean, my spouse, who absolutely doesn't nag... and whose voice is like a cooing finch or a singing nightingale."  There is a brief pause, a pregnant moment of quiet.  "Seriously."

spacer.png
Daredevil The Man Without Fear
Matt Murdock [Secret] {8XP|1PP}

"Let's focus," Daredevil says, before clearing his throat. He was good at remaining quiet until he needed to talk, though at times he could be as talkative as Spider-Man. He was a lawyer, after all. "The important part is that we need to keep him at a distance. Out of all of us, I believe Wolverine is the one least at risk as to his abilities. His healing factor is a useful asset, and I get the impression Sauron can't drain people at range, or else he wouldn't need a breakout in the first place."

"If Lykos is able to pass as a dinosaur, the best fit for him is the Savage Lands. I've been there before.Seriously!
Daredevil Vol 1. #12
,"
he says. As for Black Cat's concerns, he scratches his chin. "I would have assumed you've stolen from some of the biggest names in New York, and people like that tend to hire an expensive number of guns."

Edited by DarkisNotEvil (see edit history)

image.jpeg.8f3a1acdc86ecded28dad334384d8b68.jpeg“Savage Land, huh? We’ll need a plane for that. 

Did we ask our SHIELD buddies for intel? They don’t normally say much, but you never know, maybe someone good-looking can charm a few secrets out of ‘em.”

"Those expensive guns still count as private security, don't matter how big or fancy your gun is." She was fairly certain there was a condescending tone to the man's remark but that was a matter for another time, at least she had helped with the breakout while he had shown up after. "In regards to getting transportation to the Savage Land, don't you have access to a flying car, Ben?" she shifted focus to Wolverine and Shadowcat, "And don't you guys have a jet, if I remember right?" She wasn't actually opposed to asking SHIELD for help getting there or even "borrowing" a jet if the group didn't get too judgy about it but she just knew that if they ended up asking SHIELD for help, someone would mention how friendly she and Natasha seemed to be. 'It comes to that, I wonder what she ask for in return for the favor.' Felicia hated being in anyone's debt, especially when that someone was an international renowned super-spy.

As you all come together as if on cue Maria coming down in one of the shield transports from the hellicarrier to the bottom of the statue of Liberty. Hearing the SHIELD Agents grunt down as if securing the area. 

Maria: "Hold onto you horses, Relax no one is getting pinched for last night's bullshit. As a Matter of fact just figured you know we manage to track down Electro's flight pattern confirming he made it to antartica and then flies right to Paris. Following the lightning current and odd change of weather to nail his location" 

image.jpeg.8f3a1acdc86ecded28dad334384d8b68.jpeg“The old flying bathtub only seats four. We’ll have to head back to the Baxter Building for somethin’ bigger. And yes, I’m qualified to fly a normal SR-71 if that’s around. I don’t suppose you and the X-men left it factory standard, Logan? 

”Ok, Maria, whaddya got on this Karl Lykos? Or, if yer all set taking care of him yerself, no problem. I got Yankees tickets anyway.”