Break Out Act 2: Where is Karl Lykos

Gspawn

spacer.png

"Nice to see that you realized that I don't need a room in the Raft, Maria." She highly doubted that Maria had actually decided to not arrest her but stranger things had happened so it wasn't completely impossible. Like most of the others, she was almost certain that Maria was going to ask, or demand seemed more likely, that they head to the Savage Land and locate Lykos. 'Wonder if the Avengers get forced into helping out like we are about to be?' She knew that Peter would definitely be opposed to heading out of New York but she imagined either the guilt trip or threat of prison time would change his mind. "Relax, Spider. There are worst places to be headed then the land that time forgot, like Latveria or Jersey." There was still the question of how to get there as a group so hopefully Maria would be able to provide a solution. "Since I bet you're about to ask us to go after Lykos, any chance you can loan us a jet...couple of flying cars...the Helicarrier? I'm not picky."

Create Asset: SHIELD Transport

Affiliation: Team D6

Distinction: Dangerously Alluring D8

Power Set-Cat Suit: Enhanced Senses D8

Specialties: Psyche Expert 2D6

Pool: D6, D8, D8, 2d6

Total: 10 (Enhanced Senses [5]+Psyche Expert [5])

Effect: D6 (Psyche Expert)

2 opportunities generated for the Watcher.

Currently 1 plot point.

Currently 8 xp.

Edited by Oldedog (see edit history)
Name
Affiliation: Team
1d6 1
Distinction: Dangerously Alluring
1d8 1
Power Set- Cat Suit
1d8 5
Specialties: Psyche Expert
2d6 4,5

Maria Hill: "Alright well then since I see your not particularly speaking for everyone here. If you get your hands on Lykos. I wont consider detaining you all for your portion of the Raft as if its swept under the rug. Ill even be nice Enough to Provide you a Shield Plane to get to Antarctica on that specific condition to get him. But it will be up to all of you to go get him. No Lykos, No plane ride out of the savage land. Deal? And as far as you go Cat I won't tell them you been bad kitty for other reason's or send you behind bars.... for now. As of now you lot are only temperary agents of SHIELD under my order as director of SHIELD"

Maria hits her Communicator and request one plane big enopugh for the group and within Minutes one Plane roughly the size of the X-Jet lands on the water in frot of the statue. 

bcprofile.jpg.2892d8806bd71325c9a3e144619d761d.jpg

'Not completely absolved of my past sins in Maria's eyes but I'll take her just not mentioning them for right now.' She didn't bother to ask if the pilot came with the plane, it was a safe bet that Ben would want to have an active hand in piloting and she imagined that at least one of the two X-Men knew how to fly as well. She could to, in a pinch, but it had been a long time since she'd been behind the controls of any aircraft, let alone a high-tech SHIELD one. 'A week ago, I was liberating a painting from a fellow thief in Barcelona and now I'm headed to dinosaur central. Guess you never can predict how things will go.' Felicia climbed aboard the jet, stopping when a thought occurred to her. "Deliver a message to Widow for me, Maria. I've still got her bag, we'll settle up once we're done in the Savage Land." She doubted that Hill would deliver the message in private, if she delivered it at all, which made Felicia wish she could be there to see if the big, bad Widow would blush. She was sure she would hear about it one way or another, but that was a thought for later as she buckled herself into one of the chairs.

Currently 1 plot point.

Currently 8 xp.

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming everyone is in agreement and hops onboard. The flight to the Savage Land takes roughly two hours due to mock 2 speed of the shield Air Craft. Ben Being main Pilot and Kitty Co Pilot due to her actual experience as she has flown one of these before as a Agent of shield. During the flight there is enough food, coffee, clean water, walk in bathroom seats and other supplies on the ship at the disposal. Sadly Ben has to stand and Pilot due to the chair for the Pilot sat well ... got crushed while attempting to sit down as they did not consider something strong enough to hold the Blue eye thing's weight. Sonar leads you to the eventual hidden Cove that specifically leads to the savage lands entry witch is kept secret by most hero and shield standards plus who the hell wants to go to the coldest place in the world?

(If you guys want to Spend Plot point for a resource or roll vs. Doom Pool for an asset, and generally continue to rp Ill allow you to do so)

Felicia was thankful that none of the others could read minds, she doubted that any of them would appreciate that what was on her mind as they passed into the Savage Land. 'Wonder how common Vibranium is here? I know plenty of people that would pay good money for it, if we happen to find any.' Another thought occurred to her as she looked at her gloves; extending and retracting her claws. 'Or maybe I'm due an upgrade.' She knew she should feel guilty, considering the team of heroes that she was working with, but the rest of the group would surely understand if she slid back into her less law-abiding habits just a little bit.

Currently 1 plot point.

Currently 8 xp.

spacer.png
Daredevil The Man Without Fear
Matt Murdock [Secret] {8XP|1PP}

Daredevil is quiet. He normally is. But he's still thinking it over. Sentry's re-emergence called into question his right to keep the cowl on.

Nobody else would be stupid enough to be a lawyer and a vigilante at the same time, right? He mulled it over. He had a right to privacy, but didn't other people have the right to know who Daredevil was? The right to privacy didn't apply the same way to public activity, and being a vigilante could get quite public. In some ways, he was at least as much of a criminal as Black Cat, at least on paper. Whether the charges levied against Daredevil would hold up in court was another matter.

Frank Castle challenged Murdock time and time again as to why he didn't kill criminals. Most costumed heroes didn't, for moral reasons, just like Daredevil, but Matt considered whether the legal rationale was better.

The group finally enters the tunnel in the ship as they find a very remote section of the Savage land to land at. The weather was fairly humid, Black Cat can feel the bit of sweat made just from leaving the air conditioned plane and feeling it. Spider-man leaving feels like his sweat accidentally made it seem like he peed himself before leaving. Daredevil feels itchy in places he wish he had a cold shower and cleaned suit. As for Logan depending on what he wore definitely felt his skeleton feel slightly more weighed down, as Kitty can feel her clothes slightly hit with sweat. Thing on the other hand has sweat of his own but dose not feel it at the moment. The sounds of other dinosaurs in the area makes you all feel like you took a trip straight to Jurassic Park. Realizing that your communication to the Hellicarrier just got complicated as being inside 300 ish estimated feet In Antarctica technically under 300 feet of freezing cold water can do crap for tech. Only certain places tech could work but it would barely function. The 6 of you see the land itself while humid still at least its not a desert. All around you the lush Jungle trees cover 50 feet in height

Felicia was already regretting coming to the Savage Land, her costume was definitely not designed for this environment. 'Not to self, talk to Tinkerer about how to make this suit handle the heat better.' It could be worse, she supposed, she could be a full face mask like Peter. The other main thing she regretted was just how out of her element she was. The jungle, especially one filled with dinosaurs and who knew what else, was not anywhere on her must visit list. The sound of various dinosaurs in the distance did not make her feel better about their situation. 'If I get eaten by a T-Rex, I am haunting anyone that survives, forever.'

"You know, any other time I'd be concerned about trying to find one guy in the middle of the jungle." She turned her attention to Wolverine, "Lucky for us we brought a tracker and one that knows the area...right?"

Currently 1 plot point.

Currently 8 xp.

image.jpeg.74fff9a6d8fc54b3486eda55e0ac15d8.jpegThe Amazing Spider-Man

Peter Parker, Secret ID

Plot Points: 1, XP: 3

"This place doesn't seem spider friendly." then after thinking about it for a bit, adds. "At least not 'friendly neighborhood spiders'. I swear, if I get eaten by a T-Rex, I'll..." He looks over at the Kitty Cat and realizes she's probably thinking the same thing as he was. This was really no place for either one of them. They were so out of their element here.

"Can you snort us out a direction to go, claws?"

spacer.png

"Logan" • The Wolverine

Wolverine sat quietly during the flight, staring out the front glass. Clouds floated by, obscuring the view of what lay below. The jungle waited. Heat and humidity pushed against the glass, trying to get in. His nostrils flared, imaging the smell: rotting vegetation, wild animals, damp fur and scales.

Beyond the turbulent sky, the Savage Land rose from the mists. Earth jutted, raw and unmovable. Steam rose from ancient springs. Rivers slithered, choked with vines. Trees older than humans creaked under the assault of the elements. Elsewhere, creatures he had never seen stalked the undergrowth, predators and prey, all blood and sinew. It was a land that time forgot. The modern world had left no mark, no stain. Primal forces ruled. Man was but another beast, surviving or dying by tooth and claw.

The group landed with a shudder. Exiting the vessel with the group was Wolverine. The air hit him like a fist. Heavy. Oppressive. He lumbered forward, nostrils flaring, eyes scanning, senses straining. His arm hairs rose one by one. The Savage Land waited.

Time passed. The Cat addressed him. He looked at her. The Spider spoke next, he looked at him, too.

"Yeah. This place ain't friendly, period. But don't worry, I won't let some T-Rex make a meal out of either of you."

He took a deep sniff, brows furrowed. His eyes turned to the canopies around the assembled group. His stance was low. He continued like this for a beat, surveying his surroundings. The dense foliage and ominous sounds of the Savage Land enveloped their invading force.

"Alright, here's how we do this," he began, his voice determined and confident. "We stick together in case things get hairy. Jungle's a maze so just make sure you don't lose sight of me. I don't have his trail picked up yet, but let's going moving anyway. If he's close, we'll find him."

image.jpeg.74fff9a6d8fc54b3486eda55e0ac15d8.jpegThe Amazing Spider-Man

Peter Parker, Secret ID

Plot Points: 1, XP: 3

"Its like he's been here before!" Spider-man says with mock wonder in his voice. He follows The Wolverine (out of arm's and claw's reach, mind you. He didn't think Wolverine would try to kill him... they'd worked together in the past... but... well, he knew he could be annoying and Wolverine was famously short fused), looking up at the trees wondering how swing-lining would be. While wearing the tights, he'd just gotten used to swinging through the city. Sure, the web fluid cost, but it sure beat the pants off of running around on the street like a cosplayer.

image.jpeg.8f3a1acdc86ecded28dad334384d8b68.jpegAfter landing the plane, Ben makes sure to shut down the systems correctly. They would want everything in good working order when it was time to leave. He placed the headset over the stick, seeing that he didn’t have a proper seat anymore.

Reed woulda made sure they didn’t have flimsy seats. Kitty Pryde was what, 120 pounds soaking wet? Not exactly a meat and potatoes person like himself.

He left the plane a minute after the others, enough to catch Wolverine disappearing into the foliage. He was fine going last, he knew he wasn’t likely to sneak up on anybody. He lit the cigar he found on the plane and followed the group.

Maybe half the things here -are- dangerous, but you gotta admit, the Savage Land would make a great postcard. You just don’t see this kinda thing on the subway.

Plot Points: 1

Experience: 3