Break Out Act 2: Where is Karl Lykos

Gspawn

spacer.png

"Logan" • The Wolverine

Logan crouched low in the thick, Savage Land undergrowth. His shoulders bunched tightly as he peered through the dense, tangled webs of thistles and vines. From this concealed vantage point, his animal senses took in the subtle details of the scene unfolding before the group. The cloying jungle heat provoked beads of sweat to dot the inside of his mask, but his eyes remained sharply focused. Though the narrow slits of his cowl, they tracked the movements in the clearing. The discordant scent of soldiers, bullets, and foreign pheromones assaulting his flaring nostrils.

"Somethin' about this whole thing stinks worse than Fury's last batch of LMDs," he grunted. "Whoever these 'mercs' are shooting up Lyko's nest, they'll just muck it all up. We don't need them messing with our plans."

Rising with lithe grace that betrayed his squat stature, Logan unfurled. Still he considered their suddenly, more complicated situation. Loose threads made for quick nooses.

"We're running short on time already without diverting course. Two of us should hang back, see what we can find out about the agent, quiet-like. The rest of us press on. We'll push on to deal with Lykos directly. Any volunteers?"

Edited by Choomie (see edit history)

image.jpeg.70354e8b19026ec5a043318a1205b334.jpegThe Amazing Spider-Man

Peter Parker, Secret ID

Plot Points: 3, XP: 3

"SHIELD's always been sketchy." the wall crawler says. "But they usually come down on the right side of things, as far as we know. Still, they could mess things up with those guns and worse case, they attack us too. Best case, we don't see them again, but best worst case, they come in and Lykos threatens them and then we can't just take down Lykos but have to also protect the agents. Worst Best case, we... well, I don't know what that might be yet but I can think of a lot of ways things can go sideways mostly because they've all happened to me at one point or another.

"Still, I think Logan's got a point. Let someone or two someones hang back to watch our flank. Maybe Logan and the Cat, they're stealthy. Or maybe Daredevil. He's all 'ninja-y'. My mostly red costume probably isn't the best for staying hidden... nor would a big rocky landslide crouching under a tree, for that matter." he says, then turns to Ben Grimm. "No offense, big guy. Though, you did bring it up first.

"Even so, I still don't think we should engage SHIELD unless we have to. Strictly recon for our rear guard."

Edited by Papa Bear (see edit history)

bcprofile.jpg.2892d8806bd71325c9a3e144619d761d.jpg

Felicia wasn't so sure about splitting the group but Wolverine was right, following the agents would slow down finding Lykos and they might be a problem later if they left them behind. She was probably one of the better choices for spying on them, avoiding detection was literally in her job description. She didn't point out that Daredevil had even more red in his costume then Spider-man but he had always had a problem operating in the morally grey areas.

"Guess I'll be spying on the spies, you boys have fun." She turned to Daredevil since Spider had opted out of being on team stealth. "You coming along, DD, or is it me and Wolverine?"

Currently 0 plot point.

Currently 8 xp.

image.jpeg.02235882a544dd070d848e9cc2a53c05.jpeg“You’re getting on my last nerve, Spider-man. I ain’t just a pile of rocks. Maybe you can think about that while yer walking home from the Savage Land.” states the Thing.

Angry, but not yet willing to start fighting people, he stomps off into the jungle. If you want something done right…

Peter Parker, Secret ID

"What'd I say... I mean, that hadn't already been said?" Spider-man says to the group. Peter had been friends with Johnny Storm for a while now and he knew Johnny razzed Ben quite a lot. It really just occurred to Peter that maybe Johnny was insensitive toward Ben and that maybe being turned into a giant, orange mountain might be hard... very hard to deal with. Spider-man only had to change his clothes and he was just plane ole Peter Parker again, and The Human Torch only had to stop burning and he was back to being cocky Johnny Storm. Ben didn't have that option from what Peter knew. Ben was The Thing, always. He never got a chance to go back to his old life, to be who he was before the accident that created the Fantastic Four.

Now Peter was a bully

Now Peter felt guilty

Peter used his amazing reflexes to leap ahead of Ben. "Listen, Ben, I'm sorry. I crack wise all the time but that's to cover up the fact that I'm... I'm scared. I'm just a teen-age boy who doesn't know what he's doing half the time. I'm afraid I won't be good enough and someone gets hurt when I could have stopped it or saved them. I'm scared of some punk getting lucky one day and it leaves my poor aunt all alone, and most of all I'm afraid people won't laugh at my jokes... see? I'm sorry, I can't help myself. I'm just your friendly neighborhood Spider-man. I belong in one of the burrows, not surrounded by central park on crack... with dinosaurs."  Peter pauses for a moment and rubs his head. "Its hard living my double life, but I can hang the tights up in the closet and just be me for a little while. I can't even begin to imagine what you have to go through. Yet you're this amazing hero. You're powerful, and indestructible. Heck, you can go toe to toe with the Hulk! But inside, you're no different than me or anyone else. Its easy to forget that because I can't believe anything could scare you and I'm sorry."

With another hour of travels Ben accidentally crushes what appear to be power lines that are. Lucky for him these wire are not powerful enough to give him a true ouch shock. However as you all finally come together to the top of the Temple you can see that Lykos is giving Orders to some of the savage land mutants that call home her patrol orders to keep an eye on any SHIELD Agents and the tracking of a SHIELD plane that was a few hours ago landing in the savage (When you plane slammed by the T Rex)

Right now there are two separate mobs Looking around the temple for close security as Lykos looks like is is doing something on what appears to be almost biggest computer screens money can buy. While they have not seen you yet with their patrol you get the sense that they also have Some sort of unknown way to communicate with each other.

spacer.png
Daredevil The Man Without Fear
Matt Murdock [Secret] {8XP|4PP}
Stress: {PD0/ED0/MD0}

"Spider-Man," Daredevil speaks up, trying to encourage the younger super. "Don't get too caught up in your own mistakes either. Your worst wisecracking doesn't even approach some of the things I've said or done. As far as I know, neither you nor Ben have anything to be ashamed of."

He remembered the moment after striking Bullseye the killer fell to the New York pavement. His spine snap rung in Murdock's memory as clearly as it had the first time. "He doesn't need to hide from anyone, and you wear that mask to protect the people you care about. I wear this to protect myself."

He also adds, "Smart money says the SHIELD agents will involve themselves as soon as they're finished- cleanup crew for the heavy lifters." He turned in the direction of Grimm. "No need to stalk them."

As a result, he responds to Black Cat. "I'll follow you, though, if you really need a hunch solved." If she goes, he goes with her.

Edited by DarkisNotEvil (see edit history)

Black Cat: "Don't worry boys, this cat prefers solo. Besides, even if you knock Lykos out I am sure we need a new way to get back home and I got a feeling the other Black Widow and her SHIELD idiots could get us out of here. They could not get here without a plane of their own. I'll get us an escape route. Looks like you guys will be quite busy. Plus strategy wise despite my own powers. Compared to what these guys are and Lykos I think I am a slight bit out matched anyways and I like to get home to a bubble bath" Black Cat said as she moves onto the Jungle stealth her way towards the agents.

The Patrols themselves start to get around where the group is while they have not spotted you yet due to them not exactly looking at the elevated territory but for the fact that they rarely see much of human civilization coming around the Savage Land and why would they. Though some reason Lykos remains busy and yet calm as if not even giving a care but his computer work is hard to rad from anyone's current distance visually

• 2 weeks later...

As you all have your conversations and while none of you decide to take stealth and well no way shape of form to conceal yourselves. Spider-man's Spider sense's goes off like a mad man. While Logan and the rest decide on a plan saldy taking to long has caused the 1 mob of Mutates to scream your presence and gets a hell of a jump on everyone

LIGHTS!...... CAMERA!....... ACTION (Scene)!

The Mutates take this amazingly and yet somehow surprise off of our heroes and tries to Swarm and attack them with oversize tree branches and tries to beat our heroes

DOOM POOL: 1d8+1d6

The MOB Takes 12 With d6 Effects against everyone! There is 1 oppertunity if anyone wants to capitalize?

Edited by Gspawn (see edit history)
Name
MOB!
5d6 6,4,1,6,2
Brutish 
1d8 6
Area Attack 
3d6 6,4,6

image.jpeg.02235882a544dd070d848e9cc2a53c05.jpegBenjamin Grimm, the Thing

1 plot point

“Aww, what now? asks the Thing, reflexively covering his head as he noticed the attack. Then, he notices that he’s not -really- in danger.

“They’re really fighting us with sticks? What is this, discount villain day?”

(Pass on the opportunity)

Name
Team
1d8 5
Wotta Revoltin’ Devolopment
1d8 8
Godlike Durability
1d12 6
Combat Expert
1d8 4

Peter Parker, Secret ID

"Woah!" the web-slinger says. "The Hottentots are coming, take cover!"

That was a terrible roll but at least I got one great die

15 at a d8 I think.

Edited by Papa Bear (see edit history)
Name
Team
1d6 2
Wisecracker
1d8 2
Superhuman reflexes
1d10 5
Enhanced Durability
1d8 2
Acrobatics Master
1d10 10

spacer.png
Daredevil The Man Without Fear
Matt Murdock [Secret] {8XP|4PP}

"Well," Daredevil says, shrugging at the Thing's comment. "I fight with sticks too." Then he puts his words into action with a sudden motion.

Fight Mob : Defend

Affiliation: Team D6
Distinction: Man Without Fear D8 [6]
 Power Set- Billy Clubs: Weapon D6
Power Set- Hypersenses: Superhuman Senses D10 [9]
SFX (Focus):SFX: Focus. In a pool including a Hypersenses die, replace two dice of equal steps with
one die of +1 step.
 Team D6 + Weapon D6 -> D8 [7]
Specialty: Combat Expert 1D8 [6]

Pool: 3d8+1d10
Total: Focus [7] + Combat Expert [6]
Effect: D10 (Superhuman Senses)
Opportunities: 0

Spending 1 PP (now 3PP) to make the D10 Effect Die deliver Stress to the Mob.

He hurls his Billy Club at the nearest Mutate with blinding speed, proving that his stick-fighting is superior in the most direct fashion possible.

Edited by DarkisNotEvil (see edit history)
Name
Man Without Fear
1d8 6
Superhuman Senses
1d10 9
Focus
1d8 7
Combat Expert
1d8 6

spacer.png

"Logan" • The Wolverine

Wolverine spun around—SNIKT!—claws already brandished as the ground rumbled, and the jungle came alive. As the mutant mob crested the ridge, narcotic adrenaline had already begun to brew in his gut. The stench of their savagery wafted downwind. These were not civilized men that they faced, but something more primal, lost to their feral instincts.

Now on the defensive, Wolverine's hair-trigger reflexes launched him backwards as the first clubs began their reckless swings. Rushing blades of air brushed his mask with each blow he was able to avoid. His vicious claws aimed not for flesh and bone, but for the weapons themselves; he had hoped that disarming them would be enough to call off this primitive attack.

Dice Pool: 3D8., 2D10.

Total: 13 (Distinction "'I'm The Best There Is At What I Do'" [5] + Power Set "Adamantium Claws" [8])

Effect: D10 (Specialty "Combat Master")

Edited by Choomie (see edit history)
Name
Affiliation [Team]
1d8 4
Distinction ["I'm The Best There Is At What I Do..."]
1d8 5
Power Set [Feral Mutant - Enhanced Reflexes]
1d8 3
Power Set [Weapon X Program - Adamantium Claws]
1d10 8
Specialty [Combat Master]
1d10 3

The savage land mutants attack with their logs and stick, While hilariously beating the thing witch is more of an annoyance like being the pinata at a childs birthday party with no candy. Spider-man dodges just in time for Daredevil to suprise them with the flick of his wrist and catching enough of them where Web head could think of some three stooges sounds effects for kicks. While Logan went more direct and starts clawing the logs tryng to hit them and cut like butter

THEY CHOOSE TO PASS TO THE THING @Rudolf your next