OOC Thread II: Judgment Day

Morph3us

• 3 weeks later...

Question for the DM. Not sure how to utilize Guidance in MW. I think its in character to say Grommash would annoyingly be over the shoulder of the others doing normal activities unless he is occupied or quick action is required.

I am ok with that but do keep in mind its limitations:

• It takes Concentration, which becomes an issue as you level up and start to want other things ongoing that use it.
  • It can only help one person at a time. Just now you were all doing things independently at the same time. If you each wanted Guidance it would slow down your progress.
  • It has verbal and somatic components. This means for example it is hard to quietly head down a dungeon corridor while Guiding someone to check for traps along the way.

I also think "spells to be more contraptions he has made" sounds like fun. Go ahead with that!

On 2/16/2024 at 1:02 PM, Morph3us said:

I also think "spells to be more contraptions he has made" sounds like fun. Go ahead with that!

This is a cool idea for an artificer. When I play a wizard, I like to come up with funny terms that relate tot he spell and translate them into Latin to sound cool and use those as the verbal components of the spells. This is similar, thinking of cool contraptions that could create the intended effect.

also, perfect timing to put Kutaeg in a coma, @andersone81 is on a family vacay to Disneyland this week, so I'm sure he isn't thinking about posting.

Update should come today or tomorrow!

Also, the live game I have run for a long time should finish this summer. We are meeting twice a month and have approximately 10 sessions left at the pace they are progressing. I don't plan on running any new ones for quite a few years. This will be a long-term improvement to my posting ability.

It is! But I really don't have time for it anymore. And they will have wrapped everything up while reaching 20th level (from 5th with two level skips in there). So I am happy with how it's turning out.

That's awesome! Congrats!!

Yeah, in my game, the PCs are level 15 (from 1), and while i'd love to get them to 20, they already feel godlike enough at 15, haha.

They still have a bit of the mystery to unravel, so we'll see! We play roll20, 2 of us are in Northern California, and 3 of us are in Southern California, so I have big dreams of a cabin trip where we all meet up in person and play the finale over the course of a couple days... but we'll see if life gets in the way, haha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2024 at 11:25 AM, Morph3us said:

Update should come today or tomorrow!

Also, the live game I have run for a long time should finish this summer. We are meeting twice a month and have approximately 10 sessions left at the pace they are progressing. I don't plan on running any new ones for quite a few years. This will be a long-term improvement to my posting ability.

Projected finish: August 3rd due to some skipped meetings based on my calendar. Probably with some epilogue meeting after, but the time+energy sink will have ended.

• 2 weeks later...

Without trying to spend all our time looting, anyone have a safe way to inspect the crates below? Seems like there is a possibility of magical/alchemical components down there, but I don't want to burn hit points needlessly. If no one's got ideas, I say we move up, leaving the cellar for later

This hollow metal tube measures about 1 foot long and weighs 1 pound. You can strike it as an action, pointing it at an object within 120 feet of you that can be opened, such as a door, lid, or lock. The chime issues a clear tone, and one lock or latch on the object opens unless the sound can't reach the object. If no locks or latches remain, the object itself opens.

The chime can be used ten times. After the tenth time it cracks and becomes useless.

@andersone81