OOC Thread II: Judgment Day

Morph3us

Hopefully it's fun to play around in while we polish up the new characters and their introduction. Then I can put in a brief timeskip to their arrival / "interview."

To prompt interaction I have Tara arriving with a nice little gift for the Claw Hammer. After that you're free to idly amuse yourselves with the other NPC members or the maintenance crew fixing up the station.

Jumping in! First post up. Still need to get a couple more shopping items done, but will get to it before we see action.

also, during the down time I had Bhalgurn brew some mead and work on a demo crew, I hope that's ok. I assumed no real profit for either endeavor to keep things moving.

Apparently Twitch decided to start sending me email notifications and flooded my inbox so I missed the reminder I set up here.

As to the background for my character, the sailing was a metaphor (specifically chat gpt added that flair) and I liked it and kept it. I can change it up to be more "interstellar" than "oceanic" if it helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Traveling cross-country in two days. We don't have much plans for the long weekend following that. So, I won't get to post before then but should get to post during it. There are a couple of OOC and IC responses I need to do then!

Ok, moving ahead to really get started now:

• I don't see a sheet for Branek but maybe it's just not added to the game yet.
  • Gundin doesn't seem complex enough to need its own sheet if that's troublesome. My alternative suggestion is make a thread for Grommash under PC Notes and just put its stats summary in a post there.
  • Branek's arrival is simple enough. He is seeking the Dawnbringer, after all. Though his search would have been mostly fruitless so far, it would bring him to a little gas giant moon run by an Ignan court genie named Al-Tammar. The genie is preparing an expedition to find the legendary vessel, although not blatantly advertising that fact to avoid drawing too much attention. If Branek mentions that's what he's seeking, he would probably get encouraged to sign up. They would rather have a possible competitor join them instead of competing for the find on his own!
  • Grommash we already talked about: "We could say he heard one of the ancient Elader space stations had been uncovered and sought it out? They were both renowned builders and the strongest line of defense against the fiends in their day, making this a natural pilgrimage for him to make. On arrival he finds other dwarves among those preparing for an expedition into the gate to try and strike back against the fiends. Naturally he'd be interested in joining."

With those details set, I'll make an in-character update to start introducing the new characters. My idea is that since they happen to be dwarves joining a dwarven away team, the two extent dwarven team members (Bhalgurn and Kutaeg) get flown back with the next supply run to vet them. That way they can be sure to get along before revealing the location of the Elader station.