Hey there, wanna chat?

1 hour ago, VennDygrem said:

It's still a bit confusing given the wording, but if I understand correctly, the 50-mile 'dead zone' isn't actually an instant-death effect or else the undead cities within couldn't keep these groups of living creatures to feed on. I'd guess that this was the area in which the initial pulse of necromancy affected, and that any living beings who venture into the dead zone in current day might succumb to its magic and be turned, likely the longer they wander and perhaps find unmarked pockets of concentrated necromantic energy, and there's likely the ever-present possibility that another pulse of magic could come and wipe out anyone else still living. Anyone alive and kept penned up in the living-quarters of the vampire cities would likely have had to be unsuspecting wanderers who got captured in the dead zone and brought to the cities, while some of them would have been born here and lived all their lives having been born into a status of being living chattel kept only as feeding supply for the vampire overlords.

That's just my reading of what makes the most sense to me.

I think it's "Nobody lives in the dead zone, even the dead" but because the Undead don't die of old age they all rule the cities AROUND the nameless city, which is where we've escaped from.

One modest request: could the map image be modified so that names in black sitting on the dark green background would appear in a color with better contrast? It might just be my old eyes, but I cannot make out any of the names on the header map other than those against the white ocean (?) background.

10 minutes ago, Valdimarian said:

I think it's "Nobody lives in the dead zone, even the dead" but because the Undead don't die of old age they all rule the cities AROUND the nameless city, which is where we've escaped from.

I was counting the 50-mile area around the nameless city as the "dead zone" and assumed the vampire cities were inside this area, but I suppose it makes as much sense that the vampire cities are outside this area instead. I think a bit more clarification from the GM would be useful, maybe a separate 'Information post' with the average things PCs would know about the world?

---edit--

Ah, after actually looking at the map in the header, that interpretation makes much more sense.

Edited by VennDygrem (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Valdimarian said:

Thank you. This was helpful to me as well. And I think the GM's edit of an earlier post also clarifies.

Later PS: would or will be interesting to know whether the axes of the 'diamond' align with the principle compass directions or ... something else?

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

the 50-mile 'dead zone' isn't actually an instant-death effect - Yes it is

the 50-mile 'dead zone' isn't actually an instant-death effect or else the undead cities within couldn't keep these groups of living creatures to feed on - also no one is known to live in this city as no one, even the undead, go there.

I'd guess that this was the area in which the initial pulse of necromancy affected - Correct

and that any living beings who venture into the dead zone in the current day might succumb to its magic and be turned - There is no "might", they will die and become undead.

The city with the necromantic aura has no one living in it, undead avoid it as some things that do reside there are too powerful and would kill you on sight. Over time people have been drawn to it and some of the more powerful undead have forced some of the living into the aura purposely to make undead minions as they last longer than living ones.

I wanted this to come out in role-play but now is also good as you have a better understanding of the setting.

On 6/5/2023 at 1:33 AM, paladinred said:

You will be whatever dedication you take.

The reason I ask is because of this post.

Detailed Description

Game mechanics: Pathfinder 2e

Level 6

Undead Type, only these options are available: Dhampir (with bonus TBD), Vampire Spawn, Ghoul (others will be on a case-by-case basis).

Dhampir Witch 😉