OOC Chat

TheRealSife

This marks the end of Act 1. Anyone who has strain damage can roll either Cool or Discipline and heal strain equal to the success. I may get up the next Act tonight, but more likely it will be tomorrow .

On 5/30/2023 at 5:01 PM, TheRealSife said:

This marks the end of Act 1. Anyone who has strain damage can roll either Cool or Discipline and heal strain equal to the success. I may get up the next Act tonight, but more likely it will be tomorrow .

Karrik has 1 Strain. Let's try to heal.

1 Advantage. Does that count?

Name
Discipline
genesys(2,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0) 6,1,1

21 hours ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Karrik has 1 Strain. Let's try to heal.

1 Advantage. Does that count?

Unfortunately only successes count for this roll. This is your resting up and catching your breath roll.

On 5/31/2023 at 5:24 PM, TheRealSife said:

So I need one Average (2 difficulty die) Astrocartography check from someone as one of you takes the pilot seat.

Also you can each describe how you spend the week in transit if you wish.

Looks like no one has Astrocartography so probably one of the Int 3 characters for the navigator?

Sidenote (I was looking up a little of the game lore), is Pelepionne from a race of beings or a unique creation or what? I got curious when Intro mentioned "organometallic" lol.

11 hours ago, Intro said:

Looks like no one has Astrocartography so probably one of the Int 3 characters for the navigator?

Oof. Yeah, I'm only rocking Int 2. I'll accidentally crash and kill us :/

1 hour ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Sidenote (I was looking up a little of the game lore), is Pelepionne from a race of beings or a unique creation or what? I got curious when Intro mentioned "organometallic" lol.

The Titans were created as semi-organic slave robots by the Mahact. They went inactive when the Mahact got sealed away and some woke up when they came back, but were aware enough in the intervening time to subvert the whole "having to obey" thing. So now they're rebuilding for themselves, and looking for the missing ones who didn't wake up.

(Titans apparently also keep growing, so Pelopionne is just a baby. Elders can be dreadnought-sized.)

1 hour ago, Intro said:

The Titans were created as semi-organic slave robots by the Mahact. They went inactive when the Mahact got sealed away and some woke up when they came back, but were aware enough in the intervening time to subvert the whole "having to obey" thing. So now they're rebuilding for themselves, and looking for the missing ones who didn't wake up.

(Titans apparently also keep growing, so Pelopionne is just a baby. Elders can be dreadnought-sized.)

Ohhh that's pretty cool. And how big are we talking? Massive space ship sized? Tall as a skyscraper?

8 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Ohhh that's pretty cool. And how big are we talking? Massive space ship sized? Tall as a skyscraper?

Apparently the eldest just stands in the middle of the capital and looks down on the skycrapers.

Would make taking a step kind of an ordeal, after all.

That's wild. This game's lore is EPIC! Here I thought Star Wars or Gundam felt "grand"... So far this blows it all out of the water. I suppose 40k probably has a similar feel but I don't know where to start with the lore there. Probably a summarization video lol.

@TheRealSife A question about actions... I have Inspiring Rhetoric. It says it requires an action; does that mean it is only available in times of conflict? Or could I potentially use it in place of this Computers roll (that I have no business rolling LOL) to try and heal some of that strain we all took? If not, I can try Computers.