private tags?

2 hours ago, QuirkyJoe said:

@Colin: To follow up, then, will there be an option for Private Tags? Is that something we could still manually enter using Source, and--if so--will the coding remain the same?

Private fields are being examined still to determine viability, and are on the Path to Baldr Release dev tracker. Coding private tags in source will not work, because the private tags on the original site are bbCode, not HTML 5.

12 hours ago, Colin said:

Private fields are being examined still to determine viability, and are on the Path to Baldr Release dev tracker. Coding private tags in source will not work, because the private tags on the original site are bbCode, not HTML 5.

5 hours ago, Daryk said:

That worries me a bit... I pulled the Galadriel trick more than once in my game (a major NPC whispering different things to different PCs at the same time).  I hope we get to keep that functionality!

Thanks, @Colin. I know it's been useful for me for keeping track of DM content at the end of every DM update, and--like @Daryk--I've also used it for 'whispering' to players. Thanks for hearing us out. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also concerned by the potential lack of private tags.  I use them all the time in my game for information one player has that others don't.  Also, I really liked the language tags from the old system and I'm willing to bet they won't have those either.  Language barrier was a major theme in my game and I used those all the time.  

On 5/8/2022 at 12:55 AM, Daryk said:

That worries me a bit... I pulled the Galadriel trick more than once in my game (a major NPC whispering different things to different PCs at the same time).  I hope we get to keep that functionality!

I have a GM who uses private treads for each PC to put that sort of stuff in.  can also be used if someone goes off on their own.

Of course, that can only work if the private tread functionality stays on the new site.

• 2 weeks later...