General Q&A

Michael

5 minutes ago, Steel Warrior said:

Another question. Ability Score increases from leveling (not related to savage progression)
Do we still get +1 to an ability score at class levels 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th, 20th?

Yes you do.

12 minutes ago, Lunermist said:

Flaws and traits? (as representative of the damage done with the near total destruction)

Answered prior; yes. However, Flaws must matter! You cannot be a non-melee character and take melee flaws (for example).

Quick question: What do we do about favored calss?

The monster progressions from SA all have their racial calls as FC. However with the other gestalt track it requires some planing, if the FC are RAW.

22 minutes ago, mole75 said:

Quick question: What do we do about favored calss?

The monster progressions from SA all have their racial calls as FC. However with the other gestalt track it requires some planing, if the FC are RAW.

Pretty sure he is waiving XP penalties for multiclassing, since it's a 3.5 game, you don't get any other benefit of having a favored class. Unless you are 1 Fighter, 1 Cleric, 1 Rogue, 1 Wizard, 1 Ranger lol I don't think he's going to like that.

14 minutes ago, Steel Warrior said:

Pretty sure he is waiving XP penalties for multiclassing, since it's a 3.5 game, you don't get any other benefit of having a favored class. Unless you are 1 Fighter, 1 Cleric, 1 Rogue, 1 Wizard, 1 Ranger lol I don't think he's going to like that.

Why are you sure of that?

I was not asking for other benefits, but was specifically referring to the xp penalty as the RAW from players handbook.

If one had a build in mind, it's pretty important to know if you are penalized for taking the wrong level at the wrong time.

1 hour ago, mole75 said:

Why are you sure of that?

I was not asking for other benefits, but was specifically referring to the xp penalty as the RAW from players handbook.

If one had a build in mind, it's pretty important to know if you are penalized for taking the wrong level at the wrong time.

I don't think most outsiders get Alter Self. IIRC only a few of them do in fact have alternate forms or ways to change shape.

True, he mentioned how a player who has a monster class that has spellcasting based on RHD, but not LA, where taking the casting class on the other side of the gestalt to keep the caster level max level.

Which could lead to an XP Penalty if that were the case.

In his house rules, everyone has an alternate form, fast healing 1, can't be banished etc.

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)

31 minutes ago, mole75 said:

I don't think most outsiders get Alter Self. IIRC only a few of them do in fact have alternate forms or ways to change shape.

If you take something that gets Alter Self and you apply the half-fiend to it, its now an outsider that can cast alter self (a Fey'ri comes to mind as they get at will Alter Self and a fly speed along with other stuff for LA+2). For that matter, if you're a caster of any sort that has access to the spell or you're using UMD to trigger something to cast it, you're still using it. The point being, there are a TON of very different outsiders! 🙂

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Michael said:

Any and all HD for template abilities.  Racial HD for any racial abilities, as a good example, and arcanalolth gets spell progression per it's racial HD, with an LA of +7 that means by 19th level it's a 12th level mage.  You could take mage levels on the other side of the gestalt at the appropriate levels to make him a 19th lvl mage at 19th, or the improved caster feat twice to get his caster lvl to 19 (still only the spell abilities of 12th)

Oh, I was going to ask that. Hmm... that's good, but does slightly complicate things, since I was just thinking Arcanaloth|Archivist. 🙂

Plus all this talk of half-fiends now opens up the options a bit... can I play a Half-Fiend six-armed Anthropomorphic Constrictor Snake and just call it a Maralith? 😇

8 hours ago, Michael said:

Perhaps the main one here is caster level for overcoming SR, which is tied to racial HD.  I'd allow an improved SLA caster feat that upped your SLA caster lvl by 4.

If it helps, Savage Species has the Supernatural Transformation feat which lets you turn an SLA into a Su ability - that has various benefits, but it also sets the effective CL to be your total HD. (Not to be confused with the far wonkier Assume Supernatural Ability feat from the same book)

ร—
ร—