General Q&A

Michael

I have the germ of an idea for a Sorcerous Incubus that was part of the actual gate creation team, voluntold to go through with the first wave to see if he could detect the betrayal sorceries that they were just certain the devils were going to fit into the project.  He sure spotted them... not that it did any good... 🙂

2 hours ago, mole75 said:

I love this concept. 

I would love to try out en Erinye. A former general in the Blood Wars with schemes to overthrow one of the lords of Hell - now reduced to all but nothing. 

I don't think there is a class for the erinye, so I'll try to make one within the rules of Savage Species.  

Sounds good.

1 hour ago, coreal said:

I have the germ of an idea for a Sorcerous Incubus that was part of the actual gate creation team, voluntold to go through with the first wave to see if he could detect the betrayal sorceries that they were just certain the demons were going to fit into the project.  He sure spotted them... not that it did any good... 🙂

Would also be good.

As I remember it our memories were pretty much wiped, weren't they? More fragments and hazy memories?

Edit: Also, I'm tempted to just roll with the arrow demon progression again but go with a Soulknife / Soulbow "Assassin" build instead of the swift hunter of the original Vencius.

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Michael said:

Also, for everyone but especially returning players, I retired at the beginning of the year, have lots of time and no stress in my life.

Well... congratulations? 🙂

Anyway... I feel like I have to apply for this. I'm tempted to try with my character from last time... he didn't get as much of a look-in as he perhaps deserved (which was on me as much as the game ending). I'm contemplating, say, an Arcanaloth or Yagnaloth, though, something a bit different. I wouldn't mind a Marilith, but they don't have a level adjustment, sadly. 🙁

Edited by TheFred (see edit history)

I am torn between a Succubus Antipaladin or a Chain Devil wannabe Cenobite with deformities lol.

Any bonus traits of flaws to get some extra feats?

Guess someone just applied with an incubus, so I am throwing that one out the window.

spacer.png

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Ryfte said:

As I remember it our memories were pretty much wiped, weren't they? More fragments and hazy memories?

yes your memories suffered along with all the rest. 

3 hours ago, Steel Warrior said:

Any bonus traits of flaws to get some extra feats?

I'm OK with flaws but they have to hurt, so to speak, so if you are a ranged or spell using type character, you cannot take non combatant.  So, yes you can have a flaw pending approval that it actually will be a flaw. You can have a trait as well.

Putative builds from everyone all look fine

18 minutes ago, Lunermist said:

I'm looking at using a Pleasure Devil, will work up a progression

also on spell casters, shaky would apply to ranged attack spells but *shrugs* not my usual go to

Sure.  As I said, so long as it is actually a flaw it should be OK.

Also everyone please note, whilst you need the full fiend progression I only need your 1st level for the other side of the gestalt, don't need any future planning on that side.

Couple of questions... if Tongues is listed as an 'always on' ability in the Savage progression, what bucket do we put the replacement in, or is it a base SLA?

Also, how does the succubus/incubus Alternate Form interact with the Polymorph Form house rules?  Do they just keep the Alternate form as it's a superior kind of shapeshifting?

45 minutes ago, coreal said:

Couple of questions... if Tongues is listed as an 'always on' ability in the Savage progression, what bucket do we put the replacement in, or is it a base SLA?

Also, how does the succubus/incubus Alternate Form interact with the Polymorph Form house rules?  Do they just keep the Alternate form as it's a superior kind of shapeshifting?

As a 3rd lvl spell the replacement goes in the lesser powers bucket.

The house rule is a special add-on that every fiend gets regardless of any other polymorph abilities they have, and it does not impact any other abilities.  note that special polymorph is special, including being undetectable and undismissable.

@Michael For winged flight. Does that limit change with HD as with say the Dragonborn rules (for example)? Where basically you gain more "flight endurance" as you gain HD. Alternately, if we take a feat that improves flight does it over-ride that limitation?

Abishai aren't very good flyers so I doubt it will matter (for my submission), they're relatively slow at 40' and poor maneuverability so they don't really use flight in any tactical manner, lol. Figured I'd ask here for the sake of the more prevalent flyers mostly. 👿

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, Ryfte said:

@Michael For winged flight. Does that limit change with HD as with say the Dragonborn rules (for example)? Where basically you gain more "flight endurance" as you gain HD. Alternately, if we take a feat that improves flight does it over-ride that limitation?

Abishai aren't very good flyers so I doubt it will matter (for my submission), they're relatively slow at 40' and poor maneuverability so they don't really use flight in any tactical manner, lol. Figured I'd ask here for the sake of the more prevalent flyers mostly. 👿

House rule rules.  A feat that improves manoeuvrability or spd applies as normal.  Its there because flight is a game changer, and I want you guys to have the full breadth of experience of being low level before getting it.